Come and Join Product Naming Giveaway to Win an INMOTION V11 Electric Unicycle

INMOTION_Fiona

49 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Members here are affluent enough to have disposable income to have purchased at least one EUC.

Some have multiple wheels, with more on order.

Seems to be greed and avarice to desire a free wheel.

Donations to the family of Joel D'ort in excess of funeral and repatriation costs will be donated in turn by his family to charities to help people in need.

Perhaps this is a more fair and equitable use of the V11 prize so generously offered by IM.

IM for their good intentions have been slandered and defamed with accusations of being scammers and vilified.

Once again great intention @Paul A but this advice has several problems.

1. You are suggesting Inmotion to commit giveaway fraud
  2. The contest was not for the "members" here but only on Instagram
  3. Your suggestions build an association between a failed marketing event that got a bunch of people feeling cheated, and a tragedy that's completely unrelated. Consequence will be that participants will feel like the family of the deceased stole the price they earned. Because human nature.
  4. Assumption that participants have a lot of money, and already own one or several wheels is baseless, especially since it concerns Instagram. Winner could be someone broke who's been trying to save to buy an EUC for years and will use it to commute to a better new job.
Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, supercurio said:

Let's stop with the unnecessary apologies and hold manufacturers accountable when needed.

If anybody think that a reasonable deal for having Inmotion employees be active in this forum is that everybody should say only nice things about them, or be corrected if they don't, I can guarantee they'll get a reality check sooner than later.

Clearly you do not fully appreciate what we are trying to do here. 

And there is a huge difference in being constructive or just obstructive. 

Also sometimes it can be benaficial to give benafit of the doubt that yelling like a big elephant in a glass store with a broomstick tire to their ass. 

As goes for reality chech guess what reseller help their customers most the laud yelling negative one or the one seeking a benaficial compromise. When trading in a global market local comsumer laws is one thing so what you are used to will not necessarily be applied. 

Being in good relationship can make a huge difference. Having contacts that can help out and listning to what we like to see as improvements is better too. 

In the end being critical can be applied in so many ways. I choose daily if I want to go the extra mile when dealing with customers. Some behaviour is just not worth any energy at all. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Well I went to the trouble of creating an instant-gram account, and I had the best name and slogan, so obviously I should get the wheel.
Inmotion “Magic” - Believe it !

Heh. 

Whats instagram? Sounds like a way to make smores ina hurry.:popcorn:

Once something goes snafu, its sometimes best to make it as simple as possible and end it. GIving all entrants a random number then using a random generator, could allow a reasonable amount of distance from being blamed of bias. I didnt even hear of the contest, but I have wheels and don't need  to enter contests to win more. Seriously, just enter the names into a computer and put the burden on it to decide. No matter what you do, someone is going to complain (usually its me), but at least it will be over, a lesson perhaps learned and everyone can move on.

Thank you for the response Cicilly! I'd imagine you are  starting to see why a lot of us REFUSE to be in marketing or public relations.:thumbup:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Clearly you do not fully appreciate what we are trying to do here. 

And there is a huge difference in being constructive or just obstructive. 

Also sometimes it can be benaficial to give benafit of the doubt that yelling like a big elephant in a glass store with a broomstick tire to their ass. 

As goes for reality chech guess what reseller help their customers most the laud yelling negative one or the one seeking a benaficial compromise. When trading in a global market local comsumer laws is one thing so what you are used to will not necessarily be applied. 

Being in good relationship can make a huge difference. Having contacts that can help out and listning to what we like to see as improvements is better too. 

In the end being critical can be applied in so many ways. I choose daily if I want to go the extra mile when dealing with customers. Some behaviour is just not worth any energy at all. 

Not sure what your intentions are with portraying my interactions on this topic as "just obstructive" and akin to "yelling like a big elephant in a glass store with a broomstick tire to their ass."

I think we have different views on how to guide a manufacturer within an established community.
Acknowledging issues and the sentiment of a community will always be more effective than trying to shield the manufacturer from the community, especially when mistakes are made.

And you can already observe the results by yourself with the clarification and learning Cecily described in her last messages.

It makes me kind of sad that you feel like my approach must be criticized and ridiculed each time, which is counter-productive and tiresome, but whatever.

50 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

And do you think that Inmotion will hold contests in the future after all these loud posters’ irritated reactions? I sure wouldn’t, since it clearly seems like not having contests is preferable to the community.

While it seems nice in theory, contests or giveaway have not shown to be helping in building a healthy and respectful relationship between an OEM and its customer base & community.

To be more specific, a fraction of the people will love it and happily spam everyone else on social media to try to win stuff, and a silent majority will dislike the whole experience, reducing respect towards, and cheapening the general view of a brand.

You might want to read up on “constructive criticism”. It doesn’t suggest only saying nice things. It tries to find a method of communicating that would be much more effective in getting what you want than to just burst out one’s irritation on a whim. It’s not about what to say or not to say, it’s about how to say it.

After the KS debacles that made them leave some time back, it’s clear to some of us that manufacturers are not here because they have to. This is not their official support channel. And that for them to stay, it makes sense to make them feel welcomed. Just like you don’t lash out about small things to your friend if you value the friendship. Doesn’t mean you can’t talk about them though.

I agree with you, however I also feel misunderstood here.

My posts only echoed the general community sentiment at the time, as well as the strict reality (a giveaway not following its term is a fraud according to the law) and pointing out that Unventor justification was due to "loss in translation", calling a disaster "a nice move" or blaming the Great Firewall for leaving this forum in the dark after the failure of the contest, were neither realistic or fair.

Then my interactions with Cecily helped clarify their approach with the different communities as well as the updated rules. That's being constructive.

I understand that having Inmotion engaging in this forum, for support for instance would be of very high value for everyone, yet at the same time uncomfortable for them as it forces acknowledgement and more transparency on ongoing issues.

Let me know in PM where you think I "lashed out" tho, because I don't get it.

Newer members are probably unaware of the dynamics we have been trying to create with the manufacturers to have them present at the forum.

Personally, I think that having manufacturers here is extremely  valuable. And if all it takes is one extra minute to think about how my post might read to them, I think it is a killer deal.

Agree.
At the same time, it is a challenging task and might not succeed without a strong will from the manufacturer side. In my experience, trying to police the community so they behave in a certain way towards the manufacturer is bound to fail however. Blunders can be recovered from, that's fine.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

I never enter contests after working for a major magazine Company who used to run weekly contests with really good prizes and seeing how crooked their 'under police supervision ' winner selection process was LOL.

Not suggesting IM is anything like this but I have a general distrust of contests and competitions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Seems like asking for help versus it being a contest would have been a better approach for all parties involved (IMHO).

Secondly, most contests are a tool used to generate social media hits/likes nowadays (IMHO). I don't know anyone who has won the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes, just saying. 

I agree - I'm sure many of us would have willingly shared our ideas and just having our idea used would have been reward enough.  I know many riders have shared their feedback with manufacturers and some of them actually listen which is pretty cool.

18 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I thought it was great that IM came to the forum to ask for possible names for their new wheel and I quite enjoyed coming up with a few names for them. I also quite liked the opportunity to actually win a wheel. It sounded like a win/win to me but I guess some folk will complain about anything ;) 

It looks like you posted your name suggestions on this forum thread, therefore did not participate to this contest.
Or did you also followed/re-posted their Instagram post?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, supercurio said:

It looks like you posted your name suggestions on this forum thread, therefore did not participate to this contest.
Or did you also followed/re-posted their Instagram post?

I'm a new user on Instagram so I find it a bit baffling to work out - you click posts and then it shows you a bunch of pictures and you have to guess which image to click. I thought I posted my options in the right place but maybe not. I'll have another go now. Thanks for the warning. The rules have changed so many times I don't suppose it matters too much.

Edited by mike_bike_kite
  • Like 2

Oh noes, as predicted by a few (and predictable since buying Instagram likes is cheaper than buying a V11), the winner proposition on Instagram got 1,616 likes, from someone who says he doesn't understand how that happened.

Inmotion still announced the "V13 Raptor" as winner name in the new post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYEHXsmrJ55/

To give a sense of the proportions, some of the following spots have 181 likes with "Pulsar" 151 likes with "Hurricane".
So, an order of magnitude. Extremely little chance this is organic given the distribution.
(I checked manually and might have missed some)

Hopefully Inmotion will be more careful next time and use a random selection methodology as suggested, or at least something that can't be gamed so easily.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

@Cecily Inmotion would you re-consider picking a winner randomly since the win is contested due to its almost certainly fraudulent result?
I doubt many would contest it is, including the winner.

I'd still suggest a live-stream where you interact with the audience real-time - establishing trust in the process and during which you pick a final winner from a list of participants via a third-party random generator.

This would be a rather fair process which should regain the public's trust.

@ThaBlackCobra used this approach for giveaways in his live-streams for instance with great results. Maybe you could even get some assistance for that from the established streamers like him.

Edited by supercurio

Raptor is a great name.

A Raptor is, in general, any bird of prey.

Sometimes restricted to birds of the order of Falconiformes.

Hawks, eagles, falcons...

The Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor is an American single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather stealth tactical fighter aircraft developed for the United States Air Force (USAF).

The new Ford Ranger Raptor X is a 4x4 truck.

Why is there the suggestion of a conspiracy that the win was fraudulent?

Inmotion have been very generous in having a competition in the first place, then awarding the prize despite not liking any of the names, then allowing the selection of winner to be decided independent of them. 

Inmotion has acted honourably.

Inmotion has been slandered, ridiculed and besmirched.

Seems their efforts have been unappreciated or even acknowledged.

Seems self interests of greed is likely the motivation rather than regaining the public's trust.

• Like 1