Come and Join Product Naming Giveaway to Win an INMOTION V11 Electric Unicycle

INMOTION_Fiona

@Paul A

Stop saying nonsense about this topic, there isn't anything generous here, just poor decision making for hype building and advertising (yes probably it wasn't a planned scam, so at least there's that), then fear to lose consensus, then poor decision making again. 

28 minutes ago, Zboink said:

To anyone interested, I did follow the whole give away very closely as I was pretty close to having the most likes. 

And yes I'm the first one to admit I'm pretty salty about not winning 😅

After a while I noticed a couple of guys who appeared out of nowhere with loads of likes. Check and those likes were clearly from fake accounts. Me and a few more called them out for it and then suddenly we all started getting likes from the same fake accounts, about 100 each 😂 Guess they got annoyed they got caught! 

By the end I had the most likes, and all of a sudden, one guy just started getting crazy likes. He went from 40 to over a 1000 in an hour. He said he didn't know what was happing, maybe true. 

Many got the feeling that it was Inmotions doing, cause they likes that name and wanted it to win. 

Regardless, the whole process was just ridiculous and just looks bad on Inmotion 

Sorry for the long rant. May be slightly annoyed 😅

I could have spend 5 books to buy 2k likes in my comment as well, didn't think they'd be so naive to allow this. 

I think the guy who won did this and plays dumb, and to be honest... too bad I didn't do it myself at this point 😂

4 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Raptor is really nice. I think the winner well deserves the prize. Congratulations! Now it is up to InMotion to hold the quality and performance of the wheel at a high level, and to not disappoint. Is better to take the proper time for testing and perfecting the design, then to rush it and bring forward a new model with issues. We have high expectations from you. Good luck!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rotan said:

I could have spend 5 books to buy 2k likes in my comment as well, didn't think they'd be so naive to allow this. 

I think the guy who won did this and plays dumb, and to be honest... too bad I didn't do it myself at this point 😂

That's why I'm so upset, should have done it myself. Even got someone message me offering the service, during the whole thing!! Learnt my lesson to not be honest 😆

Yeah I don't really belive he didn't know what was happening either!! 

“ Fake News”, “Fake accounts” “fake winners” Looking back, I don’t think any of it is new to this point in time. I just think that it is easier for most people to see now. 

Be careful, it is all around you. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 12:38 AM, gon2fast said:

I don't know anyone who has won the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes, just saying. 

Have you checked your mailbox lately?😄

51786254438_8e7244c847_b.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, yoos said:

Lotteries, random giveaways are always suspect nowadays and "like" contests are the most apparently rigged (the most obvious being russian elections, highlighted by mathematical/statistical analysis, but I digress). Note that even the originally intended format could have been shilled easily: inmotion might have whispered "Raptor" to an insider who would then have hurried to "propose" the name on instagram. [Personally I do not suspect them of foul play or malign intent]

At the same time this whole giveaway is an almost damage-free endeavor on the scale of scam severity. Many might have been fooled into advertising inmotion when they would otherwise not have been advertising anything. However, if you already agree to advertise something with a dim prospect of a reward, the zero outcome is not as infuriating. There are very few contests or giveaways in the world that are truly fair (whatever this means), so it's strange to attack inmotion in particular -- they fall in line with the norm. Yes, their idea wasn't particularly thought-through, execution was clumsy and the outcome looks cheated (mostly due to choosing the universally corrupted "like contest" scenario).

As already mentioned, there are also cultural differences involved. In the west such things (and the whole ad/influencer/hand-out industry) are apparently  standardised, specified legally and often resolved in court in a predictable way. In the "east" (and in general in authoritarian and post-authoritarian countries) you never question the powerful entity running the lottery or promising a giveaway, like you wouldn't sue the Soviet Union for not delivering on the promise of a brighter future [or even more specific promises like matching the GDP per capita of country X by year Y. By the way, such promises are still made regularly and never fulfilled, but I digress again]. Cheating is not as frowned upon in the east in general, because you have to cheat the oppressive system on a day-to-day basis (starting with accessing youtube), which puts cheating in a grey area in people's minds.

Yeah, the benefits of the old communist system. I can relate, since my country of origin is Romania. Nothing can corrupt a people’s values more than a statal authority that acts in oppressing that people. Illegality almost becomes self explanatory, and to make the difference between moral and immoral would be more difficult, especially since the easy path is to be immoral, and here is the downfall of these nations.

• Like 2