Mango

3 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Yeah, S20 is a reasonably safe bet...

It would be interesting to see how InMotion will play now. On one side V13 (or whatever they'll call it) has the almost available S20 with KingSong's reputation behind it and on another side all the flood of ideas from GotWay mob, some of which puts some cold water on InMotion's "fastest ever/best in class" bombshell... 

:popcorn:

Plus I think Inmotion need to rebuild a little confidence of releasing a solid ironed out and tested wheel after the V12. I know that was something I considered. 
unknown yet how the production s20 will roll and also aware some issues may occur with first production. Hope all goes well for all releases. I think everyone outlaying these $ would enjoy a working wheel. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, East Coast said:

Any news on the V13 specs? 

Nope, no news. I’m sure Inmotion has been busy with the V12, so I expect the V13 launch and any info campaigns to have been pushed back a bit. I would hope to hear something in a few months though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Nope, no news. I’m sure Inmotion has been busy with the V12, so I expect the V13 launch and any info campaigns to have been pushed back a bit. I would hope to hear something in a few months though.

That's unfortunate.  I will have my S20 before then and probably won't be ready to shell out another $3k.  I was hoping to at least learn all the specs of their upcoming wheel to decide which to get.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Timing could be tight for the V13 to be in customers' hands before 2023. That is what I interpreted as what Denis Hagov has said. His outlook is usually glass-is-half-empty kind of flavor, though. 

6 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

It seems to be V11 styled suspension system Im OK with that ...

I prefer the V11-styled suspension sliders arrangement over that of the the S20/S22's.

I kind of prefer the single, centrally located suspension slider over the twin sliders. It is easier to minimize stiction, or to avoid alignment issues.

However, front fork sliders are tubular in nature, and are sealed units. The V11 sliders have narrow rectangular cross-section, and are not sealed. If Inmotion can make them sealed, then perhaps these types of sliders may able to compete better.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

So 2 months after the official announcement passed we get to see a sketch.

Well, it is kind of worse than that. That Madpack Instagram is dated Dec, 19 2021, and we have seen it before.

• Haha 1

80% chance the V13 will be out in 2022 Im told (by british spys in China?)  Well My sherman have errors - my V11 have no errors so Im pretty eager to se what V13 gonna bring..... cant wait.

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Upvote 1

No he changed the statement more waitibng:   

MADpack
Supposedly the v13 should come this summer that’s the prespective
Ansari Digital_Worldwide_XRP
We have to wait a bit more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno why everyone is chomping on the V13 release date. 

If there is anything learnt from the V12 mosfet and S20/22 fire-fountain... Taking time and not rushing and cutting out verifiable steps is a good thing. 

Also my take on the schedule... 

Review prototypes will be in the hands this year, but production will only start next spring 2023. 

Also no suspension. But only because im pessimistic. 

Those are my bets. :efee6b18f3:

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm wondering if they're rethinking things—Master has the torque blaster crown, S22's suspension for off-road is going to be challenging to match. They have non suspension off roading covered with V12HT.

Maybe they'll go for a high speed long range road machine... something to take on Shermax and Commander but with a V11 style suspension for that Cadillac ride. They've seen that we will accept taller wheels with the seated riding advantages they offer and an 80 lb wheel is now "expected" in the +3000USD pricing tier so there's plenty of room for batteries. Their design department established a solid and distinctive brand statement with the V12, perhaps they could make a V13 Caddy really eye catching to separate it from the basic rectangles that are the look of the pavement eaters. It'll be fun to see what they come up with!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Dunno why everyone is chomping on the V13 release date. 

If there is anything learnt from the V12 mosfet and S20/22 fire-fountain... Taking time and not rushing and cutting out verifiable steps is a good thing. 

Also my take on the schedule... 

Review prototypes will be in the hands this year, but production will only start next spring 2023. 

Also no suspension. But only because im pessimistic. 

Those are my bets. :efee6b18f3:

Hope springs eternal, and keeping up with the Jones'...  

Hope and Jones'>Facts and reality...

Inmotion have been pretty good with their model timing once they decided to get into the game properly (after they decided the V8 and V10 weren't enough of a model offering).

The V11 was one of the two first suspension wheels, and the one with the better battery size for a general purpose wheel.

Now, everybody is building yet another 20-incher while the rest of the lineup languishes. And IM come up with the V12, offering a more modern alternative to the quite old Nikola and 16X (not that these wheels are bad, but they are not exactly new).

So I'm wondering what their plan is now. Because I see no obvious new way to go analog to the V11 and V12 and bring something new or different to the table.

Will they just try and compete in the very crowded 20-incher market? If yes (and assuming the choice of with or without suspension), what do they offer that the others don't? Because it sounds like they are doing something new.

I can't quite figure out what that could be.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

When but when a 16inch with suspension??

Just a good old wheel with a non monstrous weight and batteries to cross the country.. an urban lightweight wheel with suspension.. why this crazy course for the bigger/heavier wheels.. 

It just doesn't fit our family or our budget 😁

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

When but when a 16inch with suspension??

Just a good old wheel with a non monstrous weight and batteries to cross the country.. an urban lightweight wheel with suspension.. why this crazy course for the bigger/heavier wheels.. 

It just doesn't fit our family or our budget 😁

I would suspect that a 16" suspension wheel, would still be VERY expensive. I think they should go for it. If enough suspension wheels hit the market, eventually ONE of them will be worth a sh*t... maybe. Of course, thats also hope and it springs eternal. Tbh, I don't think an euc is worth more than $2k. At one point, you are merely paying a fortune for crap you don't really need. I do enjoy my sherman, but honestly... $3k? Yeah, thats overpaying and I accepted it. I still look over at my sherm from time to time and entertain selling it. Its just the mere fact of it being so 'valuable', that bothers me. $3k has purchased me some badass motorcycles and other toys in the past, with beer money to spare. Toys of actual quality too!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I would suspect that a 16" suspension wheel, would still be VERY expensive. I think they should go for it. !

Indeed. Prices are skyrocketing, but I guess it is still too much of a niche market.

Until then, well I buy used!

But I think I would buy new and overpay for a 16inch suspension

Edited by Eric plam
  • Like 1

Inmotion promissed a statement about V13 ------- they forgot about it ....... They could communicate better/ more..... 

Maybe V13 raptor is the deluxe model with AI and shit?

No Inmotion has not forgotten about it. 

But sometimes things don't go as planned. 

I had a very interesting meeting just around Easter with Inmotion. We were discussing different thing and feedback. 

What Inmotion are making right now are very different to what we have seen in the past. From my perspective it is sad how focus they are on speed this time. Not a good move in my eyes but I also know not all see it like that. 

Now the great news is they learned from V10f V11 and V12. And the way forward for them holds a lot of promise as I see it. Since Inmotion has not gone public I cannot share details. I am pretty sure the price tag will show that we are not talking V8 here.

As of suspension I am a bit unsure but you will get that once Inmotion go public. This is very different approach to anything we have seen earlier. 

Now they didn't give a release time but I suspect it will take a little time. I doubt it is a summer time wheel for EU/US maybe later this year. 

• Like 3