Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

I think the new whacky colorful taillight is great myself! Changing its behavior when braking should be a very simple firmware fix though, my panties aren't in a knot over it. But then again, I look like a christmas display on its way to the hospital (I have an unhealthy relationship with lights and flashlights).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

But then again, I look like a christmas display on its way to the hospital (I have an unhealthy relationship with lights and flashlights).

Photos, or it never happened!   :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PourUC said:

Software still seems to be in a pre-production state.

The brake light only coming on at an absolute stop surely can't be the intended functionality.

If you watch more riding videos you will see that it stays red once it is moving forward at about a walking pace and gets brighter red when braking as would be expected. When riding forward it is a red like that goes back and forth like KITT from Knight Rider.  It does the glowing white blue purple lights when sitting still or moving slowly and erratically.

I watched a video of the S20 riding on a forest road recently that showed the tail light better than any other video I've seen so far.  If I can find it again, I'll share the link.

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Mentioned a video I've seen recently
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, rolis said:

There is a new video by Euco showing freespin of 101 km/h (62,76 mph). looking forward to seeing finished reviews for this wheel!

Where is this video? A link would be nice.

With a Gotway this could predict a top speed before the last beep of about 50mph (80kph), but the specs sheet says that King song has locked it at around 42mph (68kph).

Definitely looking forward to Euco's top speed test, just in case maybe the announcement of the Master might have indirectly caused a firmware update that bumps the s20 to a higher top speed.

Probably not, but it can't hurt to hope.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

FYI - Early reports of oscillations at speeds above 65 kph.  Hopefully this will be ironed out in the production wheels.  Sounds like it may have reached 70kph though...really looking forward to detailed reviews.

Screenshot_20220203-114542_Telegram.jpg

Early Kingsong firmware and oscillations, it reminds me of the 16X (video with timestamp)

Then the 16X 1.05 production firmware was still vibrating easily at near zero speeds.

Edited by supercurio

5 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Early Kingsong firmware and oscillations, it reminds me of the 16X (video with timestamp)

Then the 16X 1.05 production firmware was still vibrating easily at near zero speeds.

Hopefully their past experience with this type of issue will result in a speedy fix!  I love my 16x and can't wait to get my S20!  May seems so far away!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BecauseFun said:

With a Gotway this could predict a top speed before the last beep of about 50mph (80kph), but the specs sheet says that King song has locked it at around 42mph (68kph).

Definitely looking forward to Euco's top speed test, just in case maybe the announcement of the Master might have indirectly caused a firmware update that bumps the s20 to a higher top speed.

Probably not, but it can't hurt to hope.

I really hope they change their minds about this, since it's the one thing that hurts the appeal of the S20 for me. I would even be fine with checking a box that says we'll let you unlock the speed, but you're on your own if you crash above 42mph. However, I do hope they address the oscillation issue first.

I haven't seen a single video of them testing the S20 near top speed, only off road and in conditions which show off the suspension. Almost as if they didn't test the top end capabilities... :(

Edited by Nick McCutcheon
  • Upvote 1

I think top speed will be fine for my needs. Really keen to see some info about range, how it handles on road as well, most videos I’ve seen are highlighting off-road which is expected. 

hoping it could be a nice all rounder to upgrade my v11

40 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

How many people realistically wouldn't buy this wheel if it "only" did 42mph? It has the advantage of having suspension, a decent sized battery and a great look. It may look like it's competing with the Begode Master etc but if you had the choice of a 42mph wheel or a 50mph Begode that might mysteriously burst into flames in the middle of the night then which would you go for? I'm fairly sure that if Seba gave a report on how often riders go above 40mph then the results would be minute. I'm sure it's still pretty small even above 35mph.

The Sherman gets boring to ride for me below 44mph 😅 whenever I ride my MSX which beeps at 41-42mph, I'm always pegged at the beep. The only thing keeping me from getting a high powered escooter is the portability. Sure it can go 60mph+, but nobody will let you take that inside once you get to your destination, and cops are more likely to get mad if they see you passing cars (speed-wise). If we get an EUC with those kinds of specs, that's basically the ultimate vehicle in terms of portability/convenience to size ratio. So essentially, I guess what I'm saying is I'm waiting for an EUC that is essentially a one wheeled e-motorcycle, haha. Something like a 134v EX20S, perhaps? It would still be 3600Wh, with 6x600Wh packs. Then the limiting factor becomes range, since going 50mph will drain your battery to unfun levels in about 20 miles. And you still have to deal with the fact that it's a Begode product. Maybe the dream is unrealistic.. 

Edited by Nick McCutcheon
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

The Sherman gets boring to ride for me below 44mph 😅 whenever I ride my MSX which beeps at 41-42mph, I'm always pegged at the beep. The only thing keeping me from getting a high powered escooter is the portability. Sure it can go 60mph+, but nobody will let you take that inside once you get to your destination, and cops are more likely to get mad if they see you passing cars (speed-wise). If we get an EUC with those kinds of specs, that's basically the ultimate vehicle in terms of portability/convenience to size ratio. So essentially, I guess what I'm saying is I'm waiting for an EUC that is essentially a one wheeled e-motorcycle, haha. Something like a 134v EX20S, perhaps? It would still be 3600Wh, with 6x600Wh packs. Then the limiting factor becomes range, since going 50mph will drain your battery to unfun levels in about 20 miles. And you still have to deal with the fact that it's a Begode product. Maybe the dream is unrealistic.. 

I've never thought of the Sherman as a gateway drug but you obviously have larger cojones than me :) I feel like I'm on a magic carpet up to around 25mph but after that I just feel like I'm pushing my luck. I know my wheel is capable of those speeds but I also know it's just a dice game waiting for that hidden bump or pothole or gust of wind or too curious a driver to have it all go wrong. 

The portability/convenience thing is big for me also, if I turn the lights off on my wheel then people just look at it and think it's weird luggage. The issue with the V11 and S20 is they do look very much like a one wheeled motorbike and I suspect I'd get issues walking it into crowded coffee shops and supermarkets. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

I was waiting for v13 info but all the teasers I’ve seen made me excited for this so I just popped a deposit down. My supplier says first batch and due in March. 

What supplier still does March.  Everything seems like may/june

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1