Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

35 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Room temperature 24c, board temperature 18c, battery temperature 27c, motor temperature 18c.

Thanks @Rawnei! So indeed they misreport. It is amazing that they exaggerate battery temp. That could be a strategy to give the appearance there are errors in the temp sensors while still having much lower temps reported there where it counts most: board and motor.

Edit:    According to this site:  https://www.omega.com/en-us/resources/thermistor  the thermistors are highly accurate measuring devices and is no way they could give such errors:

“Temperature Range, Accuracy and Stability

Thermistors are highly accurate (ranging from ± 0.05°C to ± 1.5°C), but only over a limited temperature range that is within about 50°C of a base temperature. The working temperature range for most thermistors is between 0°C and 100°C. Class A thermistors offer the greatest accuracy, while Class B thermistors can be used in scenarios where there’s less need for exact measurement. Once the manufacturing process is complete, thermistors are chemically stable and their accuracy does not change significantly with age.”

Edited by Paul g

34 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Thanks @Rawnei! So indeed they misreport. It is amazing that they exaggerate battery temp. That could be a strategy to give the appearance there are errors in the temp sensors while still having much lower temps reported there where it counts most: board and motor.

Edit:    According to this site:  https://www.omega.com/en-us/resources/thermistor  the thermistors are highly accurate measuring devices and is no way they could give such errors:

“Temperature Range, Accuracy and Stability

Thermistors are highly accurate (ranging from ± 0.05°C to ± 1.5°C), but only over a limited temperature range that is within about 50°C of a base temperature. The working temperature range for most thermistors is between 0°C and 100°C. Class A thermistors offer the greatest accuracy, while Class B thermistors can be used in scenarios where there’s less need for exact measurement. Once the manufacturing process is complete, thermistors are chemically stable and their accuracy does not change significantly with age.”

Before jumping to conclusions I think it's good if more people check to get a bigger sample base.

1 hour ago, Miko.cz said:

I work in server rooms (etc.) environmental monitoring devices/sensors manufacturer.
This kind of measurement is VERY limited (remember air is isolant, inhomogeneous environment, I walked around, sensors are not even at same place), but better than nothing:
Here is my quick test (cold start).
image.png.2ea45742368d15deaa53d12cd83cdd84.png

Relative room Humidity is around 44%

After start (2nd try, 1st was 2minutes before and I failed to read data in EUCW = on/off EUC+phone):

• Room sensor:  25.8°C
  • Motor/Batt sensor: 25.3°C
  • Heatsink sensor: 25.5°C
  • Motor EUCW: 17°C
  • Batt EUCW: 28°C
  • Temperature (PCB?) EUCW: 18°C

15minutes later (parking position, no balancing, lights off, BT to EUCW active):

• Room sensor:  25.8°C
  • Motor/Batt sensor: 25.6°C
  • Heatsink sensor: 26.5°C
  • Motor EUCW: 17°C
  • Batt EUCW: 30°C
  • Temperature (PCB?) EUCW: 19°C

Result: Motor temperature sensor and "Temperature" (is it PCB?, i dont know) lies during cold start period.

Thanks! That is quite consistent reading. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Thanks! That is quite consistent reading. 

Yes, under given circumstances KS was proven to be lying (at cold start with my piece). This is not about only some tolerance. :(
Looking forward to hear others, 8°C difference can be visible with almost any home cheap thermometer too.

• Like 1

Yes, under given circumstances KS was proven to be lying (at cold start with my piece). This is not about only some tolerance. :(

Just for clarification - I'd assume the cold start is no start atter storing in an about 

8°C

cooler place? The EUC was sitting at the ambient temperature for hours before?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Just for clarification - I'd assume the cold start is no start atter storing in an about 

cooler place? The EUC was sitting at the ambient temperature for hours before?

EUC was in that place switched off and without charging since yesterday (12+h). Ambient temperature was around 25°C here (test done in 11:30, no night effect possible).
Lower temperature here was only in my fridge :)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Went up this hill today, it's quite long, steep and uneven terrain, had gone up a kinder but very rocky hill just moments before so things were already a little more heated.

Motor temperature went up 38c, from 74c to 112c, board temperature when up by 15c from 33c to 48c, wheel never complained, motor didn't grunt, no beeps.

Nice! That's why the discussion on accuracy of the motor temperature reading is pretty relevant.
112 ℃ is hot. I wonder if the side covers or rim would feel warm or hot to the touch then. Maybe they didn't have time to serve as heatsink.

It would be most useful to have a "magnet temperature" reading, but that's not exactly easy to implement. Hot motor coils is not too bad, but too hot magnets and they won't be magnets anymore.

I guess that touching the rim might be a good test then as it should reflect the magnets temperature.

31 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Also hit 69.4kmh GPS speed (according to EUC World), wheel reported speed at that moment was 73.4kmh.

Tour: https://euc.world/tour/612273410818111

Depending if it was beeping or not, that makes the S22 a faster wheel than both Sherman Max and Sherman OG!
Thanks for sharing the tour.

Edited by supercurio

41 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Also hit 69.4kmh GPS speed (according to EUC World), wheel reported speed at that moment was 73.4kmh.
Tour: https://euc.world/tour/612273410818111

Also, looking at the max speed, it was achieved with the voltage dropping down to 114V, it's 3.8V per cell.
After riding 20km, not too bad.

Edited by supercurio

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Motor temperature went up 38c, from 74c to 112c, board temperature when up by 15c from 33c to 48c, wheel never complained, motor didn't grunt, no beeps.

nice info, my comments on the motor temp being the same as main(mosfets/heatsink) temp were a mistake, I had an error in my tests, I can see the correct motor temp now on the watch. 

so it looks that on KS, the Motor temp is as importand, or maybe more importand to monitor than mosfets temp. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I received my S22 unit this morning!
Planning to complete a pull force test with firmware 2.21 (main) 2.08 (BMS), then 2.23 (main)

I read reports of stronger acceleration with the 2.23, so let's see if it can be measured.
I'm terrified burning the board tho.
But at the same time with how I plan to use it for (hardcore off-road, climbing, skatepark) it's safer for my person to test the wheel first. Otherwise I'll be left stranded in the middle of nowhere at some point.

Congratulation! Take care mate and dont forget to check BMS fw (2d ago was actual 2.10) too after flashing main, not like me :D
I like the sound of accelerating (still limited by me) + absolute no strange sounds like on demo pieces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Understandable @techyiam 🙏 It also means that no wheel would ever get measured (it was the same dilemma with the V12 stress tests)

Why is that? I didn't say not to test. I said, enjoy first. It is quite odd that I need to be one doing the quoting. See below.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

If it were me, I would enjoy your new wheels first.

Edited by techyiam

Took wheel apart today to apply plastidip on motor cable (to protect from rust), clean sliding mechanism and apply PTFE and install dirt protectors for sliding mechanism instead of the rubber stoppings, taking a pause before assembling again so have not yet tested it.

The wheel is pretty easy to service, there are some tricks to get the motor out easily, some screws are still non-stainless and impossible to remove, like the suspension link screws won't loosen at all (luckily you don't need to do that to remove motor), I broke one of the screws holding one of the four bars for the sliding mechanism in place but luckily I had a screw removal drill bit and got it out, went and bought stainless one and replaced all of those.

So basically KS hasn't changed the screws like they promised e-rides, tsk tsk, the sliding mechanism is full of some kind of heavy grease that really attracts dirt, one of the rubber stoppers broke off during disassembly much like ecodrift, it was basically stuck in place had to use a screwdriver to force it out.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

So basically KS hasn't changed the screws like they promised e-rides, tsk tsk, the sliding mechanism is full of some kind of heavy grease that really attracts dirt.

Sorry to hear that. I am losing faith in Kingsong more and more. With all the complaints and testimonies online, and they continue to apply sticky grease on the sliders. 

Edited by techyiam

Good news: Suspension feels a lot more responsive and plush now, very very noticeable change.

Though something is loose, sometimes when motor vibrates something on the wheel is ausing an awful noise, suspect it has to do with the screws I replaced, maybe didn't tighten enough? Maybe something misaligned? Will investigate tomorrow, taking it apart again will be super easy now.

3 hours ago, Guilherme said:

Hi 

I just unboxed my S22 ... and when I turned on: EEROR 27 !!!

AND in the app:BMS get no data....

Noooooooo! :crying:
Still waiting for mine! :dribble:
I hope it doesn't have the same problems.

• Like 1