💪 EUC pull force test results - reviewers please do this!

It's me :clap3:

Exn222cpm.jpg

Thank's to @Freestyler looking it up in the firmware to confirm the extended value :cheers:

@RagingGrandpa Do you know if it acts "like a fuse" (if the max current need to be crossed several milliseconds/second) or if this value is exceeded even on a short peak it will necessarily cut off?

Edited by Bizra6ot
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Do you know if it acts "like a fuse" (if the max current need to be crossed several milliseconds/second) or if this value is exceeded even on a short peak it will necessarily cut off?

It's the mosfets cutting off once some current limit is exceeded.

Like this ~50A limiting while stalling:

PS: if it's exceeded to long the mosfets act as fuse, indeed...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I would also like to request you @RagingGrandpa to enable extended packets if you perform another test. (euc dash)

This way we can monitor the other current related values: RoatCurrMax, MiI and MaA. (Protect_Current is phase current / 10 as reported by main packets)

Unfortunately I don't have a log mechanism there though. @supercurio was working on that on his Euc alarm app I believe.

Otherwise I can print the values in the browser developer console if you want a quick & dirty logging mechanism.

Update: I added the "debug=true" url param to log the raw extended packets in the developer console. example: https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html?debug=true

image.thumb.png.e978582b9a08a59b3182b58bd6e7bc15.png

Also be aware of the 600ms delay per packet vs 100ms of the main packets.

Yes I can add CSV logging for the extended packet data quickly if useful, just let me know @RagingGrandpa @Freestyler

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Why is this interesting?

Pull force shows the maximum acceleration that an EUC can create from a standstill. 

I like that! It's very useful to know for technical off-road use.
Like: when you stop to balance and then re-accelerate to go over a root or rock.

@RagingGrandpa, it would be useful to add a column with the wheel weight, and pull force vs weight ratio, since it will determine a lot of how responsive and zippy a wheel feels at low speed.

• Like 2

Now I really wonder if a dolly could draw a torque curve at all speeds, from 0 RPM.
Rolling resistance would certainly affect the result but that would be pretty cool to know about the torque in more situations than stalled as well!

(I wonder if the V11 limits stall torque for protection, I think I've seen something of the sort on my V10F also)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

How mighty and wimpy? Enquiring minds…

(I revised the first post in the thread w/ latest results)

21 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I really wonder if a dolly could draw a torque curve at all speeds

Many ways to build a dynamometer... but few of them are controlled, standardized, and affordable enough to be reproduced by others. 

No one man is likely to have rapid access to every machine, and I'm encouraged by the simplicity of the pull test that other people in other places could conduct it and gather meaningful data for comparison (with demo wheels, etc).

• Thanks 3

I am quite saddened to discover that I am likely to be looking at a downgrade of overall thrust from my learner. Who knew that I had selected one of the thrustiest wheels as my entrée into this sport/hobby/endeavor/time sink/money pit. :blink:

Edited by Tawpie

7 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

saddened to discover that I am likely to be looking at a downgrade [vs 16x]

I think 84V 16x was a good example of "too much compromise" - the speed range of the motor was chosen for more low-end pull than most people can use, at the expense of high-end power that most people do use. Very common for 16x riders to find 32mph and eat pavement.

Glad that we have an answer for more pull at all speeds: HT motor + higher voltage! (100V+ systems)

• Like 2

@Tawpie at 0 rpm yes, but slightly above that, Adam / Wrong Way found that the S22 provided more torque before being over-powered on a dirt climb than his 16X in a direct comparison. Now let's convince someone with a S22 to run the pull force test :D

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Now let's convince someone with a S22 to run the pull force test :D

I wonder if shibby_time has repeated his "push the S20 into a wall" test on newer firmware? The AlienRides demo of that test using Master had it losing traction with the floor, whereas the first gen RevRides demo S20 almost immediately went 'soft'. And I mean, almost immediately.

Oh well, makes no never mind to me actually. My riding weight would qualify me to perform the 200 km S22 range test, so I have a dramatically lower thrust requirement than most riders. (it's so nice to discover a 'sport' where brawn isn't necessarily a significant advantage)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1