Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Hey folks just need a confirmation on the charging ports on the S22,       The charger should have GX16-6 pin. 123 + , 456 -   CORRECT?

thanks

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten some sort of update from Ewheels on the S22? It seems they aren't messing around or sending out something they don't believe in yet. Which I really appreciate. But a forecast of what they might be waiting on would be great.  The Master is tempting,  but really the S22 fits the role I've wanted from an EUC. 

From Jason when asked if I could get notified if a S22 becomes available for pre-order non payment.

"For the S22 question, while on paper we're oversubscribed, the deposit positions are always fluid with cancellations, changes, new orders & there's invariably >10% who fail to pay up on arrival. If all goes to plan, we should be shipping these out in about 4 weeks from now. 

Thank you,

Jason"

This email was received June 28th.

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Driftcycle said:

I believe they have a few containers just landed at their US port. Approximate eta to in-hand for first few rounds is around mid-August depending on your shipping transit duration. 

ugh. That's cutting it pretty close to the end of the season... and remembering FedEx's historical performance delivering things (to me) :crying:

I have received two of these communications - 
"

The first shipment of the S22s was loaded up onto a container last week, those should be arriving in the next 1-2 weeks, the next one will be arriving a couple weeks later. These machines are fitted with the upgraded battery packs with the higher powered Samsung 40T battery cells.

In terms of shipping dates, I think these should be ready to send out in the 3rd-4th week of the month—it typically takes about a week to process from the LA dock facility.

Based on your XXX deposit date, your order should be among one of these first batches. We'll have more updates in the next few weeks, once these start making landfall.

Thank you for your patience,"
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, supercurio said:

This Japanese S22 owner who received a dud (mainboard had no functioning BLE, so he couldn't unlock the vehicle) shows what the mainboard replacement process looks like. It's not too bad.

In the end, his motor vibrates loudly near 0 RPM. I would not ride it either.
Bad firmware, or placement issue with the hall sensor?

Either way, crappy QC 😞

I couldn’t understand what he’s saying 🤔 It was all in Japanese 😂 

It doesn’t work. Maybe you have more Google friendly software 😉. They all want to own you by stealing your info. Apple not different than Google or Facebook, just a little bit more subtle.

Edit: Oh, I actually discovered it works when not in full screen mode! Hehe! 🤓

Edited by Paul g

7 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Sheesh, getting mine this week,  a bit nervous, hope it's not a dud after all this waiting!

fingers crossed, Im going to pickup mine in 2 days. But I trust my distributor as they add their own quick check of each euc sold by them.
Ankle is getting better and ready for next injury use :D

• Like 3

It looks like the controller board replacement procedure is cleaner and a bit simpler on the S22 than on the V12. Too bad the fellow in the video did not go into details concerning mosfets / heatsink mount alignment, and tightening torque.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It looks like controller board replacement is cleaner and a bit simpler on the S22 than on the V12. Too bad the fellow in the video did not go into details concerning mosfets / heatsink mount alignment, and tightening torque.

Indeed it looked appreciably straightforward. It reminds me a bit of the 16X too - and probably other Kingsong wheels, where the design is kept simple and complexity low.

I'm sure you can ask more details in comments, he's replying very quickly and nicely every time.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Indeed it looked appreciably straightforward. It reminds me a bit of the 16X too - and probably other Kingsong wheels, where the design is kept simple and complexity low.

I'm sure you can ask more details in comments, he's replying very quickly and nicely every time.

I must admit I am amazed at how good KS engineers managed the cooling of the board. Maybe one of the coolest running wheel without fan.

6 minutes ago, enaon said:

this is the effect of a good design on the heat sink element. It was more obvious on the 18xl vs s18, same motor, same board more or less. The xl has a fan and is ok, the s18 does not have a fan and is the best. 

☑️   amazing board cooling,    bad FETs

☑️   aluminium battery case- good cooling,  bad end caps, no water protection 

☑️   amazing integration of back lights in the board,  poor back lights

☑️   amazing integration of charger plug in the board,     bad placement 

☑️   big suspension travel,     bad sliding mechanism

☑️   meant for off-road,     not enough torque

:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Paul g said:

☑️   amazing board cooling,    bad FETs

☑️   aluminium battery case- good cooling,  bad end caps, no water protection 

☑️   amazing integration of back lights in the board,  poor back lights

☑️   amazing integration of charger plug in the board,     bad placement 

☑️   big suspension travel,     bad sliding mechanism

☑️   meant for off-road,     not enough torque

:whistling:

I meant the best, cooling wise:)

Other than this, I have my sliders filed to as should be, and it has 4p, and extra back lights (they detect regen etc) so I am more than happy with it. But yes, I agree it is a nightmare to tune, and QC is random at best :D

I am hoping for a problem free s22 to be my next wheel, sometime next year the way I see it  :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

Just now, techyiam said:

Isn't this an oxymoron? You mean more like: lacks QC. 🙂

There is one on some Ks's I have seen, and then the man who performed it maybe was on a brake on some others. :)

3 minutes ago, enaon said:

I meant the best, cooling wise:)

Other than this, I have my sliders filed to as should be, and it has 4p, and extra back lights (they detect regen etc) so I am more than happy with it. But yes, I agree it is a nightmare to tune. :D

I could put up with lights as well, but the lack of water protection for board enclosure and batteries ( it rains in England ) and lack of torque makes it useless for me. Maybe is OK for Greece. Sherman Max is not a champ either, but I don’t see it as bad, I can work on it. Change the cheap factory seal with a high quality one, fill holes with silicon, maybe even CNCing a better heat sink and enlarging cooling holes. My biggest concern with Sherman is bad battery mechanical protection. It badly needs a thicker side panel with a foam around battery pack.

5 minutes ago, Paul g said:

I could put up with lights as well, but the lack of water protection for board enclosure and batteries ( it rains in England ) and lack of torque makes it useless for me. Maybe is OK for Greece. Sherman Max is not a champ either, but I don’t see it as bad, I can work on it. Change the cheap factory seal with a high quality one, fill holes with silicon, maybe even CNCing a better heat sink and enlarging cooling holes. My biggest concern with Sherman is bad battery mechanical protection. It badly needs a thicker side panel with a foam around battery pack.

I think I have lost you, am not sure if you are comparing the s18 or the s22 to the max, and why :)

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1