Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

4 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I'm very cautious with power tools and fasteners of unknown composition. I prefer not to wrench the head clean off. Not that that's actually ever happened…

I watched FrenchUSA used a half inch drive impact gun to loosen and remove the three bolts that fasten the hanger to the axle on his Sherman Max. Fortunately, in this case, both the bolts and the axle were quite stout. So probably there were no consequences. But in general, the red Loctite is designed to be sufficiently heated before loosening. Gutsy move.

Damnit, ewheels is shipping the wheel with reduced size battery pack and I'm pissed as hell...I already have a wheel with 1800 wh battery it is called the KS18XL... I feel portrayed... I going to cancel I am not paying $1000 more for smaller battery pack... 

Edited by MetricUSA

3 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I've always wanted to be portrayed. Preferably in a more favourable light .

... and younger.

Your stunt double has just arrived… hopefully he has got your good side, and as for favourable light….

1884B9E9-2E2E-4307-8E92-74887578CF22.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

Damnit, ewheels is shipping the wheel with reduced size battery pack and I'm pissed as hell...I already have a wheel with 1800 wh battery it is called the KS18XL... I feel portrayed... I going to cancel I am not paying $1000 more for smaller battery pack... 

They still list the S22 with 2220Wh as God intended. So now they are telling customers that they'll be shipping out a smaller battery version?

Edited by meepmeepmayer

All the initial ewheels ones are coming with 40T cells so have the lower capacity numbers but realistically pretty similar range to the 2220wh LG packs if you're pushing the wheel hard, and less concerns of over stressing the packs. If you wanted a big upgrade in range from the 18XL you should have gone with one of the 3600Wh wheels.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Love your sound reasoning. Unfortunately I need to add a minus to the list.

52275090274_91c9b6b8d5_b.jpg

I was going to say that you could take comfort in knowing you'll get to monitor your wheels while they charge in a 'safe' place, but then I remembered that your wheels enjoy a particularly deluxe charging station.

(my life coach promised this particular oomplaloompa to me in celebration of our 40th… retraction would have been very bad form indeed)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

KS app, does it record logs of rides?

I believe it can (Moments), but I've not been terribly interested in sending my location through the great firewall. I don't care so much that they know where the wheel is housed, but not as eager to share where it goes.

One of the TG guys was able to break into their database and grab beaucoup information so know that 'data security' isn't stellar.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

I use DarknessBot with mine. Works fine but I check bms data on the KS app.

Nice, i am a bit lazy with logs but want to keep an eye on the new wheel. 

36 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I believe it can (Moments), but I've not been terribly interested in sending my location through the great firewall. I don't care so much that they know where the wheel is housed, but not as eager to share where it goes.

One of the TG guys was able to break into their database and grab beaucoup information so know that 'data security' isn't stellar.

hmmm interesting, i did see it got a bad rating in the app store.