EUC World Rips Me Off For Premium

Yet again, Sebs s#itty monopoly on AVAS has forced me to purchase premium as I'm mindful of those I share the roads with, except (for the second time may I add) his stupid billing and whatever system he's using has lost my payment, again. Honestly Seb, how's about making AVAS Free like an honourable caring person would? Instead of ripping me off nearly every time I use the app. As you can clearly see in these pics I paid just the other day yet your app refuses to honour it. Oh wait, s#itty site doesn't accept pics. FFS 

Seb if you care to fix this, Clairette.Chambers is the user name. 

@Seba, quick question: why do you even bother yourself responding to this kind of posts ? Seriously, ignoring it is the best you can pay for it ! Also while spending time responding, you stop developing EUC, and finally you will make us miss some amazing new features ! :-)

• Like 2

Paid twice, account fixed...and still her toaster won't talk to her...

:lol:

(her profile does say Nikola+, but her attitude shows unrealistic expectations as if trying to get EUCWorld to work with a kitchen appliance) 

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Thank you guys and I'm sorry for my emotional reaction; I know I should just ignore some things. EUC World is just my passion that I like to share with others. Your appreciation allows me not to lose my motivation and the feeling that what I do makes sense.

I would have refunded the money to the OP, telling them to stick it up their ass and cancelled their ability to upgrade to Premium. You can do without arseholes like that.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2021 at 10:08 AM, Planemo said:

I would have refunded the money to the OP, telling them to stick it up their ass and cancelled their ability to upgrade to Premium. You can do without arseholes like that.

This is MY typical strategy, but I am quickly learning that its not such a great business practice in general. I admire those with patience, its definitely an under valued trait. Consumers (me included), can be a finicky bunch. Most of us suffer from the 'human condition' and it seems to come and go without notice...

• Like 3

Hell I tried to pay double for EUC world.. It just registered me for 2 years instead of one. That is how useful I find it. Thanks @Seba

Anyway.. its inevitable that there will always be a few who just don't get it. I wouldn't let one person drag you down.. This is a great app and actually performs better than the manufacturers own applications. Please keep up the amazing work and don't let a few bad ones get ya down! 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 2:03 AM, Seba said:

What monopoly? I just spent some time, money, knowledge and experience to add this feature to the app. Before I learned to ride on EUC, I wondered if I'll be able to learn riding EUCs. Finally I just said to myself: "others was able to learn how to ride on EUCs, so I can do as well!" Say it to yourself - if Seba was able to create AVAS, I can do the same!

Just spend some money on schools/courses and books to get knowledge on computers and software development. Spend some money to buy a workstation computer and some necessary tools. Spend some time to get experience on how to code efficiently and avoid errors. This is the best way to break my "shitty monopoly" on AVAS and build your own app. And while you're certainly a honourable caring person, I'm sure you'll make it free :) By the way, you'll get a very well-paying job as a software developer, and you'll probably start laughing at people who, instead of making money from every hour of their work, give that time away to others for free.

You probably spend your weekend relaxing or wheeling. I just got out of bed and sat down at my computer to spend another weekend day rewriting Ninebot support for the upcoming EUC World update, so Ninebot user will finally get decent support for their wheels. And I do it for free, because fortunately there are people among EUC World users who appreciate what I do for them.

Don't blame me or my system for your own faults. Don't expect your donation to be correctly accounted if you're donating when signed off and using email that is not registered with your EUC World account. Next time use your Icloud email instead of Google or just sign in to your EUC World account, so the system will take care of identifying you.

I think you're missing something. It costs me a lot of money to maintain and develop EUC World. Why do you expect me that I'll cover all the costs from my family wallet just beacuse you want to get something for free? I give you my work and time for free  and you still don't care. Even if you get 95 % features for free without having to support EUC World project.

EUC World is not just an app, it's a quite complex project that include companion apps for smartwatches, website, online services and more? Do you know that EUC World is backed by OLTP-like database system that needs a quite expensive SSD storage that wears out and needs to be periodically replaced? Do you know that I have to pay for a server room (reduntant power supply, climate control, security guards, data backup etc.)? I can't use any cheap Internet connection. I have to pay for unrestricted high-speed fiber optic Internet link to avoid problems with tour recording and services availability. And it have very limited userbase - with about 12k of app installations, it used less or more actively by ~6k users. It's not a plain and simple level tool app or calendar that has more that million of installations and may receive huge financial support from just displaying ads. Have you realized that there are no ads anywhere on EUC World? I don't use any profiling or analytics to fully protect privacy of EUC World users. EUC World is non-commercial project that is only intended to serve EUC World users and EUC community. I don't get supported by EUC manufacturers, I do get only limited support from two EUC dealers like ewheels.com and eunicycles.eu (thank you @Jason McNeil and @EUniCycles.eu!). The most important support is from EUC World users and without this support EUC World will die.

In the beginning, all EUC World features were available to everyone. I was just naively hoping to get enough donations to fund the existence and development of the project. Quite quickly, I realized the sad truth that I would either have to close the project or change its funding model. It is only thanks to the Premium features that EUC World continues to exist, serving users who can enjoy an application that is constantly being developed, improved, and adapted to their needs.

I've already corrected your email address in your recent donation record. Anyway, thank you for supporting EUC World project, even if your only intention was to get AVAS working.

I am now donating. Only to thank @Seba for his time, amazing App and continues support of our community. I don't need the premium featured, but will donate anyhow. Than you @Seba LOVE EUC World

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Seba for developing and maintaining such a needed app for our unicycles. Gotway couldn't give a rat's ass about a functional app. When I got my unicycles there was no app on the Google play store. The linked app from EUCO didn't work for me and I don't understand Chinese. I think they have a new one but I'm not going to bother with it. EUC World works excellent. I only have Gotway wheels. It I get other brands I will make sure they're compatible with EUC World.

• Like 1

I tried to pay for the premium version, not because I need any of the premium features, but because I wanted to support @Seba. But when I selected PayPal for payment method, I received a warning that by submitting payment I would be authorizing a third party company "Dotpay.pl" to process my payment and track my personal data and payment history. I do not like this and will not give any authorization to my money other than Paypal and Sebastian. 

I'm out of the loop, what is AVAS?

I use wheellog, haven't bothered switching apps because i use an older wheel and dont care about route tracking or maps and so dont know what the difference is otherwise... different watch support maybe. Wheellog works for monitoring speed and setting alarms for me so...shrug

30 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

I'm out of the loop, what is AVAS?

Different sounds changing pitch and volume according to different wheel parameters like speed, current, ...

Quite cool if nicely setup.

Afaik nice setups do be stored, exchanged and used with the next version about to come.

32 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Wheellog works for monitoring speed and setting alarms for me so...shrug

Yep! Perfect solution if it fits!

33 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

use an older wheel

I'm not too experienced with actual wheelog versions but imho it's very up to date with newer wheels?!