Fire History

Asphalt

22 hours ago, Funky said:

I'm thinking about building new PC now. Than buying new euc. Can't waith Ryzen7000, RTX4000 release. ~4k$ budget. Also getting new 32" 1440p screen. <3 My FX-8120 cpu and GTX660 gpu is starting to show AGE. :D 

Not sure why you're spending so much on the PC, $4K is hell of a lot especially considering you're currently getting by with an FX 8120 and GTX660. Wouldn't you do far better just getting current gen stuff like the i7 12700F processor and an RTX 3080 and obviously make sure you have enough SSD and RAM. You'd get a system that's way better than your existing system for $1.5K and almost the same as the $4K system you described. You could then spend the left over $2.5K on a nice new wheel!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Not sure why you're spending so much on the PC, $4K is hell of a lot especially considering you're currently getting by with an FX 8120 and GTX660. Wouldn't you do far better just getting current gen stuff like the i7 12700F processor and an RTX 3080 and obviously make sure you have enough SSD and RAM. You'd get a system that's way better than your existing system for $1.5K and almost the same as the $4K system you described. You could then spend the left over $2.5K on a nice new wheel!

Pc will be closer to 3k. +other nice things +that screen. I'm thinking about getting RTX4060, it should perform like RTX3080 if not 4070, but be same, or even cheaper.

I build pc once 5-10 years.. It's been 8 years, time to upgrade - when i do that, i get best things you can for money. Even if i would build pc now, Ryzen 5800x/RTX3080 it would cost 2500euro here.. In my country. For example Ryzen 5800x cost 350euro and 3080 cost 1100euro. That already is 1500$ that you mentioned. Add psu, case, ram, mobo.. It's easy ~3k +500$ screen. Also not buying the cheapest parts.. Mobos that i like - wi-fi, bluetooth also cost near 250-300..

It has gotten expensive... My original system costed 500euro. :D Of course i will spend as much as i only need.. Cheaper the better. My budget is max 4k i meant. :D 

It's expensive also, because i'm going from 1080p to 1440p screen. Meaning i need more expensive gpu to run most games, etc.. If i kept 1080p gaming i could easy go 3060.

Edited by Funky

1 minute ago, Robse said:

Yes, and ready for some new paint.  ohh  I see fine kickstand to ! ;-)

Meh, if you don't get another v11 it's useless.. Good keeps sake doh, for good memories. - Like that amazing bonfire on last ride.

Begode riders (like me) are used to hearing fire jokes (we often laugh along) but considering the latest reports are of Kingsong and Inmotion, I fear there could be some backlash coming. :rolleyes:

Do many Inmotion and Kingsong riders have a sense of humor? :D

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Robse said:

Always carry a pack of this in your rucksack

firefire.jpg.ae1eba2a60a7158b6ed3d864240920fe.jpg

i'm finding my way out by myself..

That post belongs in a gear topic, when it's in your rucksack it's a back protector.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

INMOTION has just released a new firmware aiming to enhance battery safety. 

This is ridiculously funny, are the owner supposed to sit and wait for 3 hours ore more, to monitor the charging process, because the hardware design is so unbelievably bad that if an errors occurs, the sh*t can not even figure out to end the charging process by itself?

1221734649_Screenshot2022-06-01111401.jpg.83c1cf6c6f74779b7a1a160f14fde7e1.jpg

3 hours ago, Robse said:

This is ridiculously funny, are the owner supposed to sit and wait for 3 hours ore more, to monitor the charging process, because the hardware design is so unbelievably bad that if an errors occurs, the sh*t can not even figure out to end the charging process by itself?

1221734649_Screenshot2022-06-01111401.jpg.83c1cf6c6f74779b7a1a160f14fde7e1.jpg

At this stage the batteries are imbalanced from each other severely and are an actual fire risk. So yes, they expect you to keep an eye on it.

Mods: Perhaps this needs to be split off to keep the Fire History thread on topic?

Edited by Brendan "nog3" Halliday
mods are gods
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

At this stage the batteries are imbalanced from each other severely and are an actual fire risk.

Doh to that happen it would take like 1 year of not using euc? Or even more time.

If you use wheel weekly, it should not happen. I presume of course..

Edited by Funky

• 2 weeks later...

New fire reported.  :efee96588e:

Wheel: Begode RS HS.  "RS with over 5600 miles and countless jumps and falls"

Description of incident: "I was riding like normal, then I got pre mature tilt back and came home because it wouldn’t go over 5mph. I figured it was a firmware issue or something because I wasn’t doing anything at the time to break it. I didn’t have time to research the issue, so I left it sitting for a few days and went along with life. Woke up for work at 5 AM on a Monday and heard explosions. Checked the garage and sure enough everything was on fire in there.
I got it from eWheels. It was one of the first models that was shipped."

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/5174067029357885/

fire3 Capture.JPG

fire2 Capture.JPG

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(added 1st batch quote)
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

Metal trash can is an awesome idea.  In case of combustion, it will be loose enough not to build pressure.

Batteries may fly like rockets.. :whistling: Some kind cover is needed still, with air holes.

12 hours ago, Wolverine said:

The report is available here, please take a look at it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b4sLAKincR0dr6TnWbMKPjE152Cqn5Ti/view?usp=sharing

This is how I hope all manufacturers respond to problems about their products.

• Like 2