Fire History

Asphalt

58 minutes ago, EternalEnigma said:

Gotway/Begode RS

Text copy from reddit: (it´s not my RS ;-) )

This afternoon, my house, whilst my whole family was inside, almost completely burned down from a battery fire. The wheel wasn't even plugged in, I hadn't used it since the night before, and have been using it almost daily since I got it in November 2020(with a few issues, I've had to replace the motherboard twice and motor once). The fire brigade were close by and said if they had gotten there even a few minutes later it could have been too late. The video only shows downstairs were the wheel was located and the fire started, but there is soot and smoke all over the house. Absolutely terrifying incident, if anyone has any ideas on how to contact Begode and get some kind of compensation or anything , your help would be greatly appreciated. Fortunately our house insurance will cover most of the repair costs but they suggested we should try contact the manufacturer/supplier. Stay safe guys, really disappointed and still very shook up, I had absolutely fallen in love with this hobby but this has pretty much ruined most of the love I had for it.

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Robse said:

This afternoon, my house, whilst my whole family was inside, almost completely burned down from a battery fire. The wheel wasn't even plugged in, I hadn't used it since the night before, and have been using it almost daily since I got it in November 2020(with a few issues, I've had to replace the motherboard twice and motor once). The fire brigade were close by and said if they had gotten there even a few minutes later it could have been too late. The video only shows downstairs were the wheel was located and the fire started, but there is soot and smoke all over the house. Absolutely terrifying incident, if anyone has any ideas on how to contact Begode and get some kind of compensation or anything , your help would be greatly appreciated. Fortunately our house insurance will cover most of the repair costs but they suggested we should try contact the manufacturer/supplier. Stay safe guys, really disappointed and still very shook up, I had absolutely fallen in love with this hobby but this has pretty much ruined most of the love I had for it.

Is there any chance that gotway will give some kind of a "compensation"? I think they would give two ducks about house being burnt down, or someone losing their life because of their product..

Am i the only one who thinks that?

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

Is there any chance that gotway will give some kind of a "compensation"?

You can add IM, KS and Veteran as well. None of these companies are going to take responsibility for their products until we stop buying them (said the guy that just bought a new wheel, DOH).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Funky said:

Is there any chance that gotway will give some kind of a "compensation"? I think they would give two ducks about house being burnt down, or someone losing their life because of their product..

Am i the only one who thinks that?

Dude had the wheel since November of 2020 .he knows those are the faulty batteries and chose not to replace them as recommended.I have the litech batteries but I still choose to not keep my wheel inside my house at any time charging or not 

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

You can add IM, KS and Veteran as well. None of these companies are going to take responsibility for their products until we stop buying them (said the guy that just bought a new wheel, DOH).

True, but at least they don't burn as much. :D 

17 hours ago, Robse said:

This is terrible.

I think the wheels must be stored in fireproof environment all the time when not in use.

Some day we'll have solid state batteries and peace of mind.

• Upvote 2

Another RS fire, posted on facebook in the EUC and pizza group. The link won't work unless your a member of the group so I downloaded the video and uploaded it to my photos account:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z79GAGaSgvCwi5yt7

https://www.facebook.com/1399337095/videos/360231749565716/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, sevin7 said:

Another RS fire, posted on facebook in the EUC and pizza group. The link won't work unless your a member of the group so I downloaded the video and uploaded it to my photos account:

Thanks for sharing. At first I said hmm doesn’t look like a fire and then … 🔥

20 hours ago, sevin7 said:

I saw this a week ago, it's actually a msp I believe

IMG_20220930_140827_052.jpg

IMG_20220930_140823_025.jpg

IMG_20220930_140820_700.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fire while riding :furious::shock2:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/a-riders-family-is-in-deep-need?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

Around 4 minutes into the ride, I notice a chemical smell and seen some smoke. I dismissed it as I was on a busy road and sometimes smoke comes from below. Not even 10 seconds later, my temperature on the app was through the roof and my pants were melting. Literally melting. The app said I was going 72mph! when I obviously was nowhere close. Something went VERY wrong. I couldn't stop, could do anything as it cutout and threw me across 3 lanes of traffic, I slid to a stop over a hundred feet from where the initial incident occurred.

The fire department arrived on scene as a police officer was trying to extinguish the wheels fire.
Edited by RagingGrandpa
(quotation suggestion)
  • Sad 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Don't think this was posted? RS Fire in august:

Transcript of English subtitles for above video.

Hello Unicycle fans!  We had a problem.  We had a fire.

At half past eleven in the evening, the wheel caught fire.  Begode RS with old bearing on 50T elements.

How did we find out about it?  That the wheel caught fire.  We have an Ajax security system.  This system also has a fire safety module.

And it worked.  Looking at the cameras we can actually see smoke.  Then the fire started.

I arrived in ten minutes from another district of the city, from the Troyeschyna district.  I was driving 120km per hour.

When I arrived here, I saw that the firefighters were already there.  They ask me "Where is the fire?"

There was nothing to breathe at all.  I tried to turn on the light and I didn't see the light turn on.

We warned the firefighters that the fire was caused by lithium.

When the firefighters went to put out the fire, they knew that lithium was on fire.

Long story short, it was a complete mess and I was trying to find the chief fireman.

I tried to help them somehow, I wanted to take their mask and go put out that fire.  And in the end, the firefighters sent me somewhere far away.

In one word, the firefighters asked me not to interfere with their work.

Many thanks to the firefighters.  They localized the fire.  They were able to bear what was possible.

Our workshop consists of three rooms.  And this fire that happened in one of the rooms did not spread to the other rooms.

In other rooms there was only a lot of soot from the fire.

Firefighters extinguished with foam and still used water.  Elimination of the fire took about one and a half hours.

When the firefighters left, we went into the room that served as a reception.  We had a lot of unicycles there and there was also a shop window and saw water in that room.

About that much.

We spent the whole next month making repairs in the workshop.  We started washing everything, called the cleaning service, repaired everything that needed to be repaired.  Many thanks to our community, the people who ride mono wheels.  Thanks to our customers, partners and our friends for helping us.

It was not an easy time and a huge amount of work fell on us.

On the first day, I couldn't even disassemble at least one wheel to get the battery out of it. 

In the first two weeks after our fire, we received calls from people whose Begode MSuper Pro unicycle also burned down.  People did not know what to do.

We also got a call from a girl who is the owner of the Gotway Begode Monster Pro unicycle and she couldn't fully charge her device.

I had to go to her house.  Near her house was a large wasteland type plot. 

We disassembled her wheel and it turned out water got into it.

I think that everything is ok with these batteries, and this battery should be stored somewhere safe.

Part of the battery was normal and the other part was flooded.  It's good that she reported it.

The girl was very scared.  She thought that her unicycle could also cause a fire.

Conclusion. 

The wheel that caught fire in our workshop was not charging at 100%.  LG M50T batteries were installed in this unicycle. 

These batteries have such a problem that they leak.  Most likely, these batteries leaked.

They must have been in this condition for ten weeks or two and the unicycle caught fire.

When this may happen is difficult to predict.  We did not charge this unicycle.

Also, the unicycle may not charge for some reasons.

If the unicycle charges, for example, only at 70%, then this is some kind of problem with the battery.

It can be such problems as a problem with the BMS board, with individual battery elements, the tape securing the battery has come off.

Also, the elements can flow and thereby close the contacts.  So there can be many reasons.

The most dangerous problem with a battery is when the elements of this battery have leaked.

Your unicycle is like a living organism.  You should know that this is a very dangerous thing.

You must understand that a unicycle can catch fire at any moment.

Be careful.  Make sure the charging process reaches 100%.

And also if you drowned it and you know that water got into the middle of the unicycle.

Don't ignore this problem. Disassemble it yourself or take it to a service center.

Friends, thanks to you, we are open again and waiting for you and your devices.

Remember that your unicycle needs periodic service.  I hope I didn't scare you too much, but still be careful.

Thank you for watching this video.  I hope you watched it till the end.

Subscribe to the channel to support us.  I want to make videos for real fans of unicycles.

I hope that you will subscribe and we will be motivated to continue shooting our videos.  Like, comment.  See you in the next videos.  See you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2