Inmotion V12 announcement May 2020-MORE SPECS RELEASED

Electric Dreams

17 minutes ago, KiwiRoller said:

Suspension. If they nail it, it could be a really awesome innovation.

The only problem I see is increased EUC weight and decreased rigidity that may cause entire system to be less sensitive and responsible to rider input. Actually, one of largest advantages of EUCs is simplicity and lean design. Suspension adds to complexity, mass and EUC size.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seba said:

The only problem I see is increased EUC weight and decreased rigidity that may cause entire system to be less sensitive and responsible to rider input. Actually, one of largest advantages of EUCs is simplicity and lean design. Suspension adds to complexity, mass and EUC size.

Depending on how this is done, It might take away some of the spikes in current when hitting a pothole or obstacle. So, we will see when they present their wheel. I have more confidence in Inmotion pulling this off that most of the other brands.

But it is rather pointless to debate this back and forth since we are so close to an announcement now.

But on the bigger note on where to move forward for EUCs....

One thing is for sure I hope they have signed patents on it so GW just can’t copy the solution. I wouldn’t buy a new wheel for extra speed as this is pointless to me. Suspension on the other hand with me having a busted knee…now we are talking, that holds my interest no mater how hard people say it is to do.

Even better this would bring something useful rather than talking 100v or battery physical size change. To me that is minor changes that matters not at all for me. But somehow GW managed to blind people with this.

• Like 2

i feel like the suspension is the most interesting thing on the new wheel... faster, moer range, etc - its the same... but this small thing is one more thing that can actually make it very amazing

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ddolik said:

i feel like the suspension is the most interesting thing on the new wheel... faster, moer range, etc - its the same... but this small thing is one more thing that can actually make it very amazing

This. Improved speed and range would bring Inmotion more in line with competitive wheels in the market, but it will still lack that “USP”.  Thing that comes to mind for me when brand is mentioned:

Gotway: Speed/Performance

Kingsong: Reliability/Safety

Ninebot: Build Quality and “Feels”

Innovation could be the game-changer that will differentiate Inmotion. 

Fingers crossed!

Edited by FullTilt
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Bring it on. My body and wallet are ready.

:cheers: Both my body and wallet agree with you 100% but my wife may have different feelings! ;) 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

:cheers: Both my body and wallet agree with you 100% but my wife may have different feelings! ;) 

And as a master distract or and chamer like you @Rehab1that's should not be any issue at all. 😉😇🍻

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Unventor said:

And as a master distract or and chamer like you @Rehab1that's should not be any issue at all. 😉😇🍻

That’s why God created pole barns. My wife hasn’t visited my man cave in 6 months. :ph34r: :)

Edited by Rehab1

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s why God created pole barns. My wife hasn’t visited my man cave in 6 months. :ph34r: :)

That you know of.

And that is why you can't find you skydio 1 drone. Your wife is tracking you 😁

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

^ There is no way it's going to look like that, I would be shocked.

Also how does that suspension do ANYTHING?! The pedal arms are still directly connected to the hub motor/wheel.....which would make those struts useless.

The pedal brackets would have to be able to telescope or slide up and down also....seems like a maintenance nightmare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

The pedal brackets would have to be able to telescope or slide up and down also....seems like a maintenance nightmare.

IM’s prototype appears to depict some type of channeled telescopic pedal hanger. 

Unfortunately with this set up the pedals would not able to be stowed due to the rigid structure required to mount the struts. 

49645050188_6def8858fb_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Finally becoming real I hope...

(2 year old concept image below)

Loving the 3D work, but I like EUCs for portability. That looks like a monster truck :P But if built, I'm sure it would have its market. 

• Like 1

This concept design comes up from time to time in discussions and its awful cargo-cult motorcycle design. Unpractical, bulky as the piece of crap and even dangerous. Suspension in pedals is not a way to go as you'll polish your inner leg skin whats not sexy :D

• Like 3

Guys, calm down. That old image was just a marketing concept. Nothing to do with real technical solutions and the future wheel will not look like that. No reason to analyze it in detail. (Other than fun)

The story behind the picture is here: https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/insights-inmotion-v10

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

Maybe it will be just a dampened housing for the seated riders? :rolleyes:

On the WhatsApp group Liam said the suspension will be inside the wheel IIRC. Could mean inside the housing. But somehow it must be transferred to the pedals. 
It’s a big risk for them and so many things could go wrong. It could feel horrible or break down easily. Definitely one of the most interesting developments happening in this industry at the moment. 

• Like 1