Inmotion V12 announcement May 2020-MORE SPECS RELEASED

Electric Dreams

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Battery size speculation now that we know they will use 21700s (assuming 5000mAh cells):

• If 84V: 1480Wh (4p) or even 1850Wh (5p) seem most realistic.
  • If 100V: 1776Wh (="1800"Wh) (4p) seems most realistic.

Liking all of these:efefe00999:

Wells it seems they are gong to use 21700 cells. On a question today the reply was not dismissing it. Yet not confirming it either though. 

If they want to compite it seems more likely to do a v84 5p to me. As I understand it, this should be the favourite combination to make less stain on the individual cell. (Or did I miss something in basic battery school?)😁

Edited by Unventor

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

it seems more likely to do a v84 5p to me. As I understand it, this should be the favourite combination to make less stain on the individual cell. (Or did I miss something in basic battery school?)😁

Yes. And if they choose the 21700 cells Gotway uses (LG M50T), the rated maximum per-cell discharge current is actually very low.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LG 21700 M50T 5000mAh (Gray) UK.html
Max discharge current: 7.275A

More parallelism please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

Can't see there being enough room for a motor and shocks for starters.

And can't see the system dealing with motor torque.

They will be working on a different solution I am sure.

Bingo. It can't handle torque and there's no room for a motor.

Suspension would have to be between the axle and the pedals. But then again, it would make seated riding dangerous. If you suspend the whole euc you'd need to raise it 10cm which would make most of them look grotesque, but I'm sure there's a smaller market for that too.

Edited by alcatraz

41 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Bingo. It can't handle torque and there's no room for a motor.

Suspension would have to be between the axle and the pedals. But then again, it would make seated riding dangerous. If you suspend the whole euc you'd need to raise it 10cm which would make most of them look grotesque, but I'm sure there's a smaller market for that too.

Let's just see what they have made before dismissing it. None really knows at this point. 

If everyone were as conservative as your view then none could develop anything new.

Sometimes someone have come up with solution none have thought about before. 

Yes you need room for suspension to work. But it all comes down to how much play does it need to give an effect without compromising control and space of construction.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong. It's very innovative.

It needs to fit euc usage though and that means lots of torque and load, unlike wheelchairs.

I can also guarantee you that the outer rim is made out of steel which is heavy.

I wonder if the future of extreme euc riding really means 50kg machines going offroad? Maybe...

Lets see some carbon fiber eucs. That would be cool. With a limited pedal suspension of like 30-50mm.

Euc specific shoes would be good too, with a side profile that fits into the side panel and locks you in.

Edited by alcatraz

It seems plausible that they'd choose a sprung seat (shell, controller, pack, etc) isolated from the rigid motor and pedals.

This keeps the 'standing' riding dynamics the same as a no-suspension EUC, and adds the option to sit and cruise with additional shock absorption. (This would have little appeal to us offroaders, unfortunately.)

"Full-suspension EUC" has a lot of challenges, so I'd be shocked if it appears in the first production model.

I hope they're rigorous in their validation of the flexible wiring to the motor...

• Like 2

They use something like this.

Inmotion say suspension. No say hydraulic suspension.

Be realistic.

This solution is simplest and no problem for heavy riders. Easy mainterance too. 

For me is leaf springs most timeproof solution.

Listove-pruziny.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

For me is leaf springs most timeproof solution.

Listove-pruziny.jpg

Leaf springs are just springs, and cars with leaf springs still need shock absorbers to dampen the bounce. They also take a lot of space by themselves, and are heavy. I’m confident that the solution Inmotion cane up with is quite different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dancer said:

Quite smart of you to check the patents! This is perfectly in line with what I’d hope to see, but would surely settle for less as well.

Did Onewheel ever equip the board with the above patent?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 4:50 AM, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, but if their V10F marketing says it's a 60-mile (100-km) wheel, and it has a ~1000wh battery, then that's what I'm expecting with this new wheel.

We don't have any evidence that they know how to build a longer range wheel or that they think their customer base desires one.

Call me skeptical.

But I wonder....does the average buyer in their customer base really want a genuine 100 mile range, or is it only the really hard core enthusiast minority who do? In an ideal EUC world it would be nice if some models were sold with optional battery pack sizes to offer either the heavyweight max range version, 100 miles +, and the lighter weight mid range version..50 miles+.