Trail Ride Video Thread

ZenRyder

21 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

This video is Day 2 of Marty's LA tour Mt. Wilson.

Wow, how many miles was this and how much elevation change? Do you have a Relive video? Love seeing those totals at the end to get the overall trip specs. Awesome!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZenRyder said:

Wow, how many miles was this and how much elevation change? Do you have a Relive video? Love seeing those totals at the end to get the overall trip specs. Awesome!!!

Marty has multiple videos on Mt. Wilson rides with LA Crew.  He answered most of the questions. Negative on Relive video. :(

Great fun been on that trail 2 times. On the second trip Mario found a prescription glasses he lost on this video where Ray burned out on the Nikola. 

On the second trip Marcus's 16X stopped balancing at the spot where Ray and Jeff burnt their board. 

We've named the spot "Dead wheels pass"... :unsure:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Is is a 4000+ foot climb over ~8-miles. Takes 2+ hours to accomplish.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, travsformation said:

@ZenRyder Thread moved to the new "video" section :)

Yesss!!!!! We have our own Video Forum!!!

Now we can subscribe to the whole video Forum and get notified anytime a post is put in the entire forum. Or we can subscribe to a specific topic or thread post we are interested in.

Thankyou.png

So, add to our Topics in the Video forum with new posts and category style threads. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ZenRyder said:

Here's my latest trail ride. Still fine tuning the Insta360 One R, but I think I have it dialed in now. This is a great little loop by my house.

Do they stock EUC's? ;)

You need a Pebble watch. Digging out the phone for ride stats is so 2016 :P

Looks like Insta360 still hasn't figured out how to get rid of the "red dot", even with the new R model. Bummer. See 6:25 if you don't know what I'm talking about.

It's amazing by just going a bit south of Los Angeles, much of the trees disappear. On all the mountains near me, there are so many tall trees.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Here's my latest trail ride. Still fine tuning the Insta360 One R, but I think I have it dialed in now. This is a great little loop by my house.

Nice, I really enjoyed that! The voice-over really keeps the viewer engaged and gives it a much more personal touch ! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Do they stock EUC's? ;)

??? I'm sure I'm missing the humor on this... :blink:

You need a Pebble watch. Digging out the phone for ride stats is so 2016 :P

So true! I thought Pebble watch died, I'll need to research this. Thanks for the tip. Several people use the Apple watch and I cannot bring myself to buy anything from that company so I'll look into the Pebble.

Looks like Insta360 still hasn't figured out how to get rid of the "red dot", even with the new R model. Bummer.

Exactly. Yes the red dot is still there. I knew they had not fixed it yet, but bought the Insta360 One R anyway. There are several issues with the R that have not really been addressed by any of the blogs that I read about it. But they are improving the firmware almost monthly, so I'm hopeful that there will be some additional improvements.

It's amazing by just going a bit south of Los Angeles, much of the trees disappear. On all the mountains near me, there are so many tall trees.

Yeah, yeah, brag on about your LA mountains. 

When you're riding through the Los Angeles flood channels I'm not exactly seeing many trees along that route! :roflmao:

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Nice, I really enjoyed that! The voice-over really keeps the viewer engaged and gives it a much more personal touch ! :thumbup:

Thank you!!! I try to keep it interesting and break up the footage with different angles and information too. Appreciate the good words @travsformation

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

??? I'm sure I'm missing the humor on this... :blink:

So true! I thought Pebble watch died, I'll need to research this. Thanks for the tip. Several people use the Apple watch and I cannot bring myself to buy anything from that company so I'll look into the Pebble.

Exactly. Yes the red dot is still there. I knew they had not fixed it yet, but bought the Insta360 One R anyway. There are several issues with the R that have not really been addressed by any of the blogs that I read about it. But they are improving the firmware almost monthly, so I'm hopeful that there will be some additional improvements.

Yeah, yeah, brag on about your LA mountains. 

When you're riding through the Los Angeles flood channels I'm not exactly seeing many trees along that route! :roflmao:

Thank you!!! I try to keep it interesting and break up the footage with different angles and information too. Appreciate the good words @travsformation

Near the beginning of the video, when you are climbing the hill and looking back down on Walmart, you say, "They really sell everything", or something like that. So, do they sell EUCs? ;)

I guess you don't follow all the EUC World activity here on the Forum. Sure, Pebble is technically dead, but we continue to buy them on EBay, etc. and use them with our wheels. They only work with Android.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Did a nice quiet peaceful ride up an alternate route to Mt Wilson yesterday on the historic Mt Lowe Railroad trail. There was only one 100ft section where I had to dismount because of too many loose rocks, otherwise totally rideable. The panoramic viewpoint I think is one of the best in Southern California IMHO. Here's the route I took  https://goo.gl/maps/YAgKEVskNbQAAU376

If those shots are representative of the entire trail, it looks to be in much better condition than the Toll Road. Can't wait for next Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If those shots are representative of the entire trail, it looks to be in much better condition than the Toll Road. Can't wait for next Wednesday.

TOTALLY rideable. 1st 2 miles paved, next three miles all the way to pano point hard dirt. about a mile of the next 5 or so miles to the cave is on and off rocky but rideable except for that one small section where loose rocks are just flying out under the wheel.  You can ride it down, but up is another story.. If you don't stop, 2h up to tunnel (with 3 mile pano detour), 1h down. easy breezy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

TOTALLY rideable. 1st 2 miles paved, next three miles all the way to pano point hard dirt. about a mile of the next 5 or so miles to the cave is on and off rocky but rideable except for that one small section where loose rocks are just flying out under the wheel.  You can ride it down, but up is another story.. If you don't stop, 2h up to tunnel (with 3 mile pano detour), 1h down. easy breezy.

Great. I'd like to eat a packed lunch at the top, if there's time :D

• Like 1