Trail Ride Video Thread

ZenRyder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Robse said:

Why no spiked pedals ?

They're there, went with the DIY spiked pedal approach - easy to miss though looking exactly like stock pedals. I've been meaning to do a simple How-To video on them, just haven't been as motivated on YT lately as it's been fairly unrewarding after a certain point, for me anyway. Gradual improvements in editing, filming, and such haven't really translated into anything resembling success over the summer/fall or even a hint of momentum.

I don't think the content's that bad, but I don't see how the platform could reward my fledgling channel any less, so it must not be all that interesting. Haha oh, well doesn't take away from having a blast on the trails. Accomplished what I wanted for the most part which was get a fair grasp of the video editing basics.

17 minutes ago, Vanturion said:

They're there, went with the DIY spiked pedal approach - easy to miss though looking exactly like stock pedals. I've been meaning to do a simple How-To video on them, just haven't been as motivated on YT lately as it's been fairly unrewarding after a certain point, for me anyway. Gradual improvements in editing, filming, and such haven't really translated into anything resembling success over the summer/fall or even a hint of momentum.

I don't think the content's that bad, but I don't see how the platform could reward my fledgling channel any less, so it must not be all that interesting. Haha oh, well doesn't take away from having a blast on the trails. Accomplished what I wanted for the most part which was get a fair grasp of the video editing basics.

Oh - i did not notice the spikes, i had also considered a little diy on my stock pedals (RS19) but ended up in buying a pair of custom made pedals with spikes all the way to the outer edge of the pedal, really nice, except that at some point these pedals will crack the shell on my wheel because the outermost spikes hit the shell when you flip them up...   Well - i like your work :)  just a little sorry for all the beating the RS19 must take :D

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Robse said:

except that at some point these pedals will crack the shell on my wheel because the outermost spikes hit the shell when you flip them up...   Well - i like your work :)  just a little sorry for all the beating the RS19 must take :D

Everything's held up surprisingly well, but I give most of the credit to all the TPU armor, bumper, and pads sticking to the shell.

You know, with the Grizzla-type pads, you can get 'em to hold up the stock pedals (possibly others too) on their own so they don't even touch the shell as the velcro/tpu combo allows some conformity. Just a friendly suggestion if you aren't locked into a different pad solution. At some point I think I even removed magnets from either the pedal or shell (can't remember) since the pads I use are always holding them up fine. Oh and speaking of, I currently have a set for sale if you like orange, lol...

Appreciate that, thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Demargon said:

We are back with some nice new EUC (not mine 😢)

Nice route and I dug the music too. You are lucky to have such a big group to trail ride with!

Side note: guy with the ski-poles, interesting choice...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I haven't been active on this forum in awhile but I finally got around to uploading some footage I've had to youtube. Just a couple of shorts for now, more to come in the future. This is a stock S22.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...