Trail Ride Video Thread

ZenRyder

9 minutes ago, General Principle said:

my tire slipped and slid.

You need a tire with some grip. Try a dual sport tire if possible. It can give you confidence and you can also ride a little slower on the trails. 

19 hours ago, General Principle said:

Great vids!

I want to love trail riding (like I enjoyed riding single track MTB) but I took a fall when ridding over soft/wet earth and have been scared ever since.

my tire slipped and slid.

i think in general, you are going to be much more cautious on an EUC with only one wheel. I used to MTB these trails I do now, and I was much more balls out back then. I have no problems walking the wheel over something I can't do or if a fall looks like it will cause me damage. Maybe it's age??!!??

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bearlife said:

Mont Saint-Bruno QC Quebec Canada

🧐😨😱🤧😷🤮🤢

Screenshot-20200320-193420-01.jpg

https://www.sepaq.com/pq/msb/nouvelles/nouvelle.dot?id=37374830-131a-4371-a026-45151e4d5c1c

"March 20, 2020

COVID-19: closure of access to territories until further notice

We know that we can count on a clientele that has everyone's health at heart and who wants the exceptional situation related to the context of COVID-19 (coronavirus) to be behind us so that we can start to connect with others and the nature.

For security reasons and in order to avoid public gatherings, we must close access to the national parks, wildlife reserves and tourist establishments of Sépaq. You will therefore no longer be able to access it from March 21, 2020 and until further notice."

https://www.sepaq.com/pq/msb/nouvelles/nouvelle.dot?id=37374830-131a-4371-a026-45151e4d5c1c

@travsformation several times this week I've travelled to a Boston hospital. Each time , in order to gain entry to the hospital to pick up prescription meds (running out in a staggered fashion), I was required to be screened by answering several questions about COVID-19 and then issued a green visitors sticker. Rather than wait till running out of one med later next week I made and early request on Friday in order to avoid whatever crisis might be looming as time went on in the virus crisis. I was in and out by noon. At 2 pm this batch email was dispatched.

"Dear Patient Gateway User,

As part of Mass General Brigham's (Partners HealthCare) COVID-19 response efforts, all scheduled non-urgent appointments and procedures will be deferred or shifted to a virtual appointment for the duration of the State of Emergency in Massachusetts. 

All urgent and essential appointments will remain as scheduled, however, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call your health care provider before your visit. For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. As always, if you are experiencing a medical emergency please continue to call 911 or go to your closest Emergency Department.

Your provider's office will contact you regarding any modifications to upcoming appointments.  Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients."

On a different note 'Harvard University's commencement will be held online in 2020 and their students (and some other schools) have been asked not to return from spring break....working in classes online instead.

Strange times indeed for 2020 so far. 

I have an appointment in May that seems to be affected by the email message....not sure what to make of it yet in terms of compliance.

Someone I used to work with used to vacation in Barcelona...it must be nice! And another managing coworker (from Toronto) would travel frequently to Italy for vacations.

Speaking of Canada...the nightly news says that the US/Canadian border is now closed except for specific types of traffic.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

Better to be the ant than the grasshopper, indeed.

As to cancellations, I had an appointment with the traumotologist + an MRI scheduled for this week, which have been cancelled. Nothing serious that can't wait. I feel for people who actually need treatments (not for life-threatening situations, but that severely impact their quality of life) but can't receive them or stay clear of medical facilities out of fear of contracting the virus

• 3 weeks later...

I'm impressed with people who are riding in the snow and some of these colder climates. It's been a while since I went on this ride during my lunch and before all the trails were closed. But I've got more time on my hands now to do some video editing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just a road, but for my newbie ass its all the trail I have tried so far... does this count?

Cool video! Nice landscape! Looks like you have no shortage of trails in your area! And looks like you're getting more acquainted with the GoPro Max! Glad the editing workflow worked out well with PD! And that you were able to run that off! You know, you should really gear u-..... :P Just kidding (but not too sure about fastening the Lemfo to the trolley handle...I destroyed an action camera like that...)

Bumpy uphills are challenging...I find that knee flex, and putting some conscious effort into using my legs as shock absorbers helps a lot:  Flex your knees and press down hard on the pedals right before the bump, then ease the throttle as you hit the bump and release the downward pressure, relaxing your knees and allowing the wheel to bounce up, then grip hard and hit the throttle again :D

(It took a while to figure out what the hell I actually do when I encounter a bump going uphill....I had to act it out in my living room [in my PJs], caught my girlfriend just as she was reaching out for her phone to record me) :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

@mrelwood nice editing, :roflmao:

Thanks man! In all honesty, my riding looked so lame and completely different  from the action packed adrenaline rushing excitement that it felt like, so I wanted to spice it up a bit... Warning!!! Do NOT watch without sound! :lol:

24 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

@mrelwood every time I see your wheel there's a different tire on it :D

Actually it isn’t! The looks are deceiving, but that is the H-666! Slightly modified though, following EUC Extreme’s example. Knife and an EUC tire, what could go wrong...

24 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Holy cow! That trail was incredible! A perfect MSX trail, as you said. I was glued to the screen the whole time. I do hope I’ll find something like that somewhere around here as well. And great riding guys, both of you!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

@mrelwood every time I see your wheel there's a different tire on it :D

Those trails look smoother and more maintained than a Pennsylvania highway. Some great riding out there for sure! Leaf blowing off the trails... go figure. lol

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Since I haven't been at all active on the vide scheme, I decided it's time to make a short video to show just a few spots and trails nearby. The V11 stays on my mind continuously, which can probably be guessed from the spots I ride and the way I edited the video... :roflmao:

The sound FX are so lame. I love it :)

• Like 2