Trail Ride Video Thread

ZenRyder

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Too bad no one posts anything to this thread anymore, it used to be one of my favorite places to find EUC videos. Anyways, in an attempt to bring it back, here are a couple of videos that I found browsing youtube: (neither of these are mine, just sharing)

A cool pov shot: 

A high skill-level rider on some technical terrain: 

I don't know either of these people but both channels are new and still pretty small - show your support!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

First video and first YouTube debut.

Decided to post halfway into the trip since I got more comfortable using a selfie stick at about this time. Still got a lot to learn, but having a good time.

Hope it's a good watch.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vanturion said:

Hope it's a good watch.

Fun watch! Does your left foot ever feel like it's going to come off the pedal? When I started filming myself I discovered that my stance is very wide as well—made me think about pulling everything in. Just because, you know, the unexpected bounce…

1 hour ago, Vanturion said:

First video and first YouTube debut.

Decided to post halfway into the trip since I got more comfortable using a selfie stick at about this time. Still got a lot to learn, but having a good time.

Hope it's a good watch.

Bummer you must have not gotten your wheel from ewheels because they give you the new begode spiked pedals for free and they are awesome 

A144BA9E-B4AC-466C-9D02-E01C4B72FAAA.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Fun watch! Does your left foot ever feel like it's going to come off the pedal? When I started filming myself I discovered that my stance is very wide as well—made me think about pulling everything in. Just because, you know, the unexpected bounce…

Thanks Tawpie. No, no problems there, but I did discover another problem running the wide stance, particularly on the tarmac at speed. I'll talk about it in my next video, but long story short is this type of stance gives more side-to-side control which is great for <25 mph technical trails, but the downside is it allows space for wobbles to become uncontrollable at high speed. Gotta adjust for conditions. Maybe already known by some here, but I had to learn the hard way.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Bummer you must have not gotten your wheel from ewheels because they give you the new begode spiked pedals for free and they are awesome

It's good to see another eWheels fan. I didn't know they were doing that now, nice. I actually went with them for the LiTech battery.

Not too worry though pedals are DIY-spiked. Had some extra #4 SS screws, so I cut them to length, removed the grip tape, made a rub template of the pedal casting ribs using pencil+paper and carefully drilled and tapped a grip pattern. They actually hold ridiculously well, maybe too much at times, but it's better to have too much than too little for what I've been doing.

• Like 1

Sneaking up n peds is bad form. I always give a vocal warning such as “On yer left”.

P.S. Also good form to slow to walking speed. if they have dogs or kids, a dismount is sometimes necessary for everyone’s safety.

P.S.P.S. Guy, almost hit an old dog at 11:38,  riding on public trails at speed barely in control (14:30) 

Disregard for others on parade in the euc community. 

Edited by OldFartRides
P.S.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OldFartRides said:

Sneaking up n peds is bad form. I always give a vocal warning such as “On yer left”.

P.S. Also good form to slow to walking speed. if they have dogs or kids, a dismount is sometimes necessary for everyone’s safety.

P.S.P.S. Guy, almost hit an old dog at 11:38,  riding on public trails at speed barely in control (14:30) 

Disregard for others on parade in the euc community. 

Good advice for sure, always slow for peds - particularly those rear-facing. I use the riding music strategy which usually helps, but it's usually something understated and atmospheric and some people will get started regardless, even if it is a unidirectional mountain biking trail where they would be better served to hike it in the opposite direction to face the traffic. Just the other day I virtually crawled up on a couple and she still got started because turning around "she thought she saw lucifer" in all my gear. LOL.

That said, kids and pets are the most unpredictable. In this case, the dog went from the far right of the trail to heading into my path which I wasn't expecting, hence the juke and reactionary tree grab. Should've slowed down more here.

In any case, I plan to leave my mistakes up for public consumption too. Plenty of videos coming for you to critque Old Fart :lol:

• Thanks 1