Trail Ride Video Thread

ZenRyder

This ride has some trails in it. But most notable is the steep grade that I found. I did not tilt the camera to make it look steeper. The Insta360 GPS keeps it level and you can see by the horizon that it is just an insane road that goes to the top of a mountain. I also used the 2k resolution to guarantee the vp09 codec playback. This format get the most bang for the bits. Do you agree?

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, ZenRyder said:

This ride has some trails in it. But most notable is the steep grade that I found. I did not tilt the camera to make it look steeper. The Insta360 GPS keeps it level and you can see by the horizon that it is just an insane road that goes to the top of a mountain. I also used the 2k resolution to guarantee the vp09 codec playback. This format get the most bang for the bits. Do you agree?

Very nice video, your voice-over commentary makes it very engaging! :thumbup:

I agree, 2K (1440p) is the sweet spot between quality and not-ridiculous file sizes. For the content we produce, and with the gear we use, I personally think 4K is overkill but 1080p gets us the crappy Youtube compression...

BTW, the way you've integrated Relive into your videos has come a long way since the first time you included it, it's very apparent you've been tinkering and perfecting it! 

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

Hi guys, i got the cam but the invisible selfie stick is still underway. I hope you enjoy this little clip, anyway.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, btl said:

Hi guys, i got the cam but the invisible selfie stick is still underway. I hope you enjoy this little clip, anyway.

Nice, chill video! And a very nice trail to ride on, through the forest! Makes me envious to see such lush shades of green, Mediterranean forests are dryer, made up mostly pine trees, so a much duller green compared to what you have there

Posting here to promote trail rides. I love my TSG Pass helmet, but when it gets hot in the summer, I was wanting a full face helmet that gives me more air flow. So I went with a TLD Stage helmet (sans the visor) which is very light weight (around 700 grams, 1.5 lbs), but still protects the chin in case of a full face plant. Plenty of air makes you feel like you're one with the road. No commentary this time, just the ride with some classic rock and roll.

• 2 weeks later...

Mission Trails loop from the Mission Gorge near Kumeyaay Campground through the canyons and over the North/South Fortuna saddle, down through Tierrasanta and then back on the 52. A 14 mile loop of trails, bikepath, and a little bit of street. Would this be a good San Diego Group Ride??

• Like 1

Posting on this thread to keep the trail ride continuity going. I was up in the Mt. Laguna area and said to myself, it would be a real shame if I don't check out some of the trails while I'm up here. I've hiked and rode a mountain bike at up here, but no wheel rides yet. 'Nuff said.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Michigan...

The good news is we figured out gopro settings that stabilize the video quite well.
The bad news is it makes the ride look smooth and slow. We were hustling our wheels through there... didn't really come through in the edit.

• Like 3

@ Alienrides- Thank you for putting together an honest review- warts and all.  Much appreciated from an end user perspective.  Looks like a great attempt by KS at a potentially awesome wheel.  I'll be sticking with the V11 this time around. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sentient said:

@ Alienrides- Thank you for putting together an honest review- warts and all.  Much appreciated from an end user perspective.  Looks like a great attempt by KS at a potentially awesome wheel.  I'll be sticking with the V11 this time around. 

You got it, good to have some critical feedback for King Song to improve the quality of their wheels. I totally just realized that this was the trail ride thread and not the video thread, oops... Oh well there's some trail riding, so I'll leave it, but maybe I'll cross-post it to the video thread as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't much of a trail ride because a lot of it is paved. But it's not exactly smooth either. Posting here in case anyone wants to comment on the area or video format. If you have not seen the infamous Potato Chip Rock, this gives you an insider view on the way to get there and what's it's like standing on the top of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Wilson said:

How do you guys put the youtube video in your post?

You just copy/paste the YouTube URL right here in the body of the message. Technically the browser automatically identifies it as a YouTube video and embeds a wrapper around it which makes it play in the forum. But you don't need to know that, just copy and paste. Maybe hit the space bar after you paste it, but it should show up magically...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

You just copy/paste the YouTube URL right here in the body of the message. Technically the browser automatically identifies it as a YouTube video and embeds a wrapper around it which makes it play in the forum. But you don't need to know that, just copy and paste. Maybe hit the space bar after you paste it, but it should show up magically...

Note that if you paste the YouTube URL into the post and immediately save the post, the video will not auto-magically appear in the page. You must paste the URL and then pause a handful of seconds before the video image will appear.

Edited by Marty Backe