INMOTION V20 ??

Dan NYC

On 11/4/2019 at 2:39 PM, h3X said:

Range is the number one thing I'd change if I was in charge of designing a new v8. Closely followed by speed. I have no other complaints.

You probably will, after they increase the weight and price point of new V8 by adding more battery and a stronger motor into it. Honestly, it's already the best wheel in its category. If you want more, there are plenty of higher performing wheels around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They said some time back they were looking into making a suspension system. 

That would be very interesting if they are the first to bring that mass produced to the market. 

...just couldn't help myself...hype add-on :popcorn:

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of suspension. It will make the EUC more unstable and more sensitive to body movement. And center of gravity will be higher. Let the legs continue to act as suspension instead. Much safer and also better workout for the legs. 

An 18 Incher with fat Tire and Safe 50+Kph from InMotion would be great... Dont think they do a suspension. Hope they Go for really good Specs in WH and Kph / Power with nice build quality/Finish 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zzzzeke said:

I don't like the idea of suspension. It will make the EUC more unstable and more sensitive to body movement. And center of gravity will be higher. Let the legs continue to act as suspension instead. Much safer and also better workout for the legs. 

Well that depends on many things and how it is done. 

• Like 2

I have chiropracter knowledge i help people years.

51 minutes ago, Zzzzeke said:

Is it harmful to our knees and backs to ride EUC:s? I did not know that.

Is all about posture if you have bad posture every sport no exception can damage you body. EUC sport is very good for core balance ,deep muscles is not same type of muscles what you can "boost" in gym using heavy weight.EUC riding is good prevention against alzaimer diase.

Because is type of activity on fresh air ,what you can do smoked by canabis and not fall or have any ballance problems. Thats means is more instinct based thing what train deep brain nature programs.

Iam very excited about inmotion next release. I want buy on spring 2020 new unit i think about K16X or Nicola + actualy. Im scary of KS16X waterproof issues bluetoth patches and firmware problems.NIkola + I am  realy scary to use handle hole what i cant grap onehand almost 30Kg non upgrade FW nad assembly style.I know k16x and nikola+ be great after some time revisions batches all be great and fine. Question is how many things change to spring 2020? 

Is more complicated becuase in Czech Republic is not gotway/king song shop only inmotion. I like my V10F ride style silence "waterproofing" mobilty realy easy take to hand ang go stairs curbs shop etc.Cons for me and style i use V10F are batery capacity and strong maybee too agrresive safety limitations set by inmotion this is problem only because my 115KG i can enjoy my whell only because EUCWORLD exist and i can control my curent Amps realtime to avoid overload. 

Thats what i realy HOPE Inmotion release something epic what be perfect in my world filled unicorns and raibows.Something what be perfect in first release and i never hear overload/overheat please get off.

5 hours ago, Zzzzeke said:

All speculation until we get to try it out. I'm fairly certain it'll (suspension) be something new to acclimate and adjust riding style to. Like the Z10 came out and you had to "re-learn" riding due to it's unique characteristics. I think it's great to "unlock" a new skill which pushes us to learn and improve. They've been talking about this for a long while, and I'm certain that behind the scenes lots of testing is and has 🐝n taking place to really give us all something special, unique and new to look forward to in our niche. Let's wait and see, but I think they're going to nail this one outta the park. Excited for this:w00t2:

Oh, and to your point, I believe Inmotion should equip it with a hardware lock feature like on some full suspension mt bikes. You can lock the suspension for stiffer climbing. Then you'd have best of both worlds. 👽💜😎👊

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 2

I'm eagerly waiting for this new wheel.  For me, reliability/safety are the most important things in an EUC design, and so I've been wanting an Inmotion wheel which can keep their history of reliability (especially water resistance) with an 18" diameter wheel and longer range.  Maybe improve the handle.  No other big changes necessary.

To me, one of Inmotion's biggest strengths is their reliability and polished execution of the things we know work well.  I do NOT want them innovating new suspension systems - leave that to Gotway.  :)

Re: suspension - Chinese (especially small shops like segwheel manufacturers, which in some cases are literally garage shops) are terrible with electronics design/quality, but they are beyond words terrible with mechanical components. If they make a wheel with suspension, expect huge problems and lots of accidents. Suspension on all e-scooters is terrible and a constant source of problems. Simple quazi-suspension like on Rockwheel GT16 (with elastomer inserts that pedals push against, and rubber top on pedals themselves) works sufficiently well, and is reliable enough.

35 minutes ago, Aneta said:

Simple quazi-suspension like on Rockwheel GT16 (with elastomer inserts that pedals push against, and rubber top on pedals themselves) works sufficiently well, and is reliable enough.

Is the Rockwheel GT16 any good? I have to admit that suspension 'sounds' like a good idea, but I am gradually coming around to thinking a nice fat tyre provides better feedback and control. The only way to tell is to build a prototype and test it, so well will see if InMotion manage to pull it off.

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe instead of suspension (thinking springs and a complicated assembly and maintenance), one could have just squishy pedals with a soft, springy layer?

GT16 has exactly that, a thick rubber pad with a 3D-pattern that fits into pattern in the pedals:

HTB11LYFboOWBKNjSZKzq6xfWFXa0.jpg

HTB1I_eefaSWBuNjSsrbq6y0mVXak.jpg

And on flat top of the rubber pedal pad, you stick the grip tape:

H4cd1503cd8fd45ce8faa76a9740e2fc4m.jpg

Plus, the shock absorbing elastomer strips that pedals push against:

HTB1J90WfbSYBuNjSspiq6xNzpXaN.jpg

Simple and effective. It's because of many of such little "gem" engineering decisions that I chose GT16 and turned down any KS, GW, and IM offerings. The RW guy is genius, but unfortunately, very poor entrepreneur. I still hope that Rockwheel resurrects as a company.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aneta said:

Re: suspension - Chinese (especially small shops like segwheel manufacturers, which in some cases are literally garage shops) are terrible with electronics design/quality, but they are beyond words terrible with mechanical components. If they make a wheel with suspension, expect huge problems and lots of accidents. Suspension on all e-scooters is terrible and a constant source of problems. Simple quazi-suspension like on Rockwheel GT16 (with elastomer inserts that pedals push against, and rubber top on pedals themselves) works sufficiently well, and is reliable enough.

Party pooper...:roflmao:although I hear ya regarding the Chinese quality reputation, but I do own plenty of quality products from China.

With as long as they've been talking about it I think it'll be well tested, refined, and polished before we see it. From my perspective at least, it'll be a new experience in riding. Will probably have to alter riding style to master, like the Z10. And btw, the suspension on my Kingsong N1-D scooter kicks ass! 

Edited by Rama Douglas