INMOTION V20 ??

Dan NYC

2 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

It has specs somewhere in-between a MiniPro and a Ninebot S.

I didn't even catch any notable differences to the MiniPro in the specs. Here we were hoping for a futuristic unicycle running at the very bleeding edge of developement, and instead they invented a Segway MiniPro (from three years ago).

That is quite funny.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kens said:

VX delayed which means it's not today.. see you in 2020? :(

The good thing is they get to see what everyone else did and hopefully leap ahead.  The bad news, i don't think many people will wait.

? They launched two or three products (E2/E3 and possibly a P3). Just because they're not products you want doesn't mean they have nothing to launch.

Edited by AtlasP

15 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

? They launched two or three products (E2/E3 and possibly a P3). Just because they're not products you want doesn't mean they have nothing to launch.

The they don’t need a “launch event” to introduce these slow-motion hover-boards! Who is it for? It’s embarrassing IMHO!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Check your premises. More hoverboards were sold in the past several years than EUCs in the past decade or for that matter than EUCs will sell in the next decade. The same is almost certainly true of the Segway MiniLite/MiniPro and its various versions. If anything the "who is it for?" question would be much more appropriate if they had only announced an EUC--no need for a press event as they're only for enthusiasts and the press/public doesn't care. This was a launch event for press/public announcing a product for the general public.

I get the disappointment of us EUC enthusiasts, but your criticism is completely false and unwarranted and totally ignores the broader context.

Oh ok. Now I know who this event was for. Which one are you going to get? E2 or the E3?

Neither, I ride EUC's now. But I had a MiniPro years ago which was my gateway to EUCs, and I would still consider recommending one of those devices to someone who was previously considering a cheap hoverboard because they're definitely better than hoverboards.

Edited by AtlasP

8 hours ago, GamingBarbecue256 said:

So what are the specs? Is this potentially better than the Minipro? That would actually be nice, IMO, as Ninebot doesn't seem to support those very well.

Link to Inmotion’s webpage with specs is on the previous page. The specs are pretty much identical to MiniPro. Although, the big issue with MiniPro is that it has been ruined by firmware updates. Inmotion’s version could behave nicer. Or worse.

23 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Check your premises. More hoverboards were sold in the past several years than EUCs in the past decade or for that matter than EUCs will sell in the next decade. The same is almost certainly true of the Segway MiniLite/MiniPro and its various versions. If anything the "who is it for?" question would be much more appropriate if they had only announced an EUC--no need for a press event as they're only for enthusiasts and the press/public doesn't care and the enthusiasts have their own channels for such information. This was a launch event for press/public announcing a product for the general public.

I get/share the disappointment of us EUC enthusiasts, but that kind of criticism is completely unwarranted and totally ignores the broader context. It is totally normal that a company that makes a range of scooters/hoverboards/etc would hold a press conference to announce a product targeting the general public in this way.

What is warranted, however, is pointing out how Inmotion is bashing on other manufacturers/riders who enjoy pushing the envelope. This was printed in the recent SF chronicle article on EUCs...And judging from the lingo contained therein, I'd be really surprised if it (the VX) has comparable specs to GW and KS...(which it seems about 90%+ of us experienced riders are hoping for)

Screenshot_20190624-164726.png

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 2:57 PM, AtlasP said:

Check your premises. More hoverboards were sold in the past several years than EUCs in the past decade or for that matter than EUCs will sell in the next decade. The same is almost certainly true of the Segway MiniLite/MiniPro and its various versions. If anything the "who is it for?" question would be much more appropriate if they had only announced an EUC--no need for a press event as they're only for enthusiasts and the press/public doesn't care and the enthusiasts have their own channels for such information. This was a launch event for press/public announcing a product for the general public.

I get/share the disappointment of us EUC enthusiasts, but that kind of criticism is completely unwarranted and totally ignores the broader context. It is totally normal that a company that makes a range of scooters/hoverboards/etc would hold a press conference to announce a product targeting the general public in this way.

What he said. Further I am not so sure re-introducing a Minipro clone is a bad idea. Rental scooters have captured the public's imagination and now disdain. Even traditional liberal places are banning or restricting any form of PEV because of the growing public out cry (note this means bureaucrat's interpretation not actual metrics). At 9-10 mph cruising speed the MiniPro/E2/E3 type devices may appeal to people as a last mile solution that doesn't required advance skills (not quite as easy to learn as an e-scooter but miles ahead of eucs, OW, esk8) and has a smaller foot print than  e-scooters. They just have to make sure they disassociate themselves from "Hoverboards". They are also slow enough that they might not be included in or effected by future draconian legislation. Enjoy your 30+ mph PEVs while you can because the clock is ticking. I plan on riding the hell out of my EUC, but I have an e-bike for when the bad news happens.

Edited by Jerome
  • Upvote 1

She is so Wong.  I didn't want to get into EUC for 12 to 15 mph. I can do that with my eSkateboards at half the price. The Performance of an EUC is half the price of the Highest tier of eSkateboards.

• Like 1

As a mostly content and happy InMotion V10F guy I have to agree with the latest comments here...

InMotion should really focus on keeping their existing customer base happy though firmware fixes and meaningful app upgrades while they develop products that capture enthusiast's and early adopter's imaginations.

They should not be wagging their fingers like scolds.  That is, as the kids like to say, "totally uncool."  

There is plenty of room in the EUC ecoverse for different types of wheels.  Put down one type and you're insulting the riders who favor that type.  If you want to ride 35 mph and do it safely and courteously nobody will think you're a maniac.  That kind of hyperbole doesn't pass the smell test with me.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 2:21 PM, AtlasP said:

So there was that rumor of a V8 refresh, but I have no insider info, only what I read on here and a few other random places online.

A lighter, better-calibrated V8 with Bluetooth speakers and a power button that wouldn't engage accidentally would be nice, but I suppose the market for a new-improved model will be soft as long as there is a robust stockpile of the original.  As a rule, the height of such a stockpile is not flaunted publicly.  But purchasers are still receiving "Solowheel"-branded units, which suggests that we are still depleting a mountain of stuff made-to-order for the over-exuberant Solowheel investors years ago.

On 6/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, Jerome said:

Enjoy your 30+ mph PEVs while you can because the clock is ticking. I plan on riding the hell out of my EUC, but I have an e-bike for when the bad news happens.

The bad news will be the speeding/reckless operating tickets for all PEVs in the near future. The officials will not cap speed if they can profit from fines. 

On 6/30/2019 at 9:33 AM, LZMutant said:

There is plenty of room in the EUC ecoverse for different types of wheels. 

I loved riding the v10 more than any other wheel I've tried, but I won't be buying one. If it could compete with msx and 18xl on range and top speed I wouldn't hesitate to get one.