INMOTION V20 ??

Dan NYC

40 minutes ago, h3X said:

I loved riding the v10 more than any other wheel I've tried, but I won't be buying one. If it could compete with msx and 18xl on range and top speed I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

All signs point to InMotion working on an 18" V12. That release will be an interesting day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h3X said:

I loved riding the v10 more than any other wheel I've tried, but I won't be buying one. If it could compete with msx and 18xl on range and top speed I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Hey H3X - I totally get it.  That said, here's a real-world stat-shot from from today's ride.  I traveled almost 9 miles over city streets and bike paths with a top speed of 23mph and an average of 15.  I was left with 80% after the ride concluded.

If your needs are more then by all means wait or go for the Gotway or Kingsong.  I'm only posting this to show that, out on the streets, the V10F does pretty well and it's worth a look.  

As I suggested earlier all wheels have their fine points and their quirks.  V10F is no different - but it's a lot of fun.

Cheers!

IMG_2257.PNG

Edited by LZMutant
Grammar.
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 11:39 PM, AtlasP said:

It appears someone (ahem) is just making stuff up. Every V8 sold in the US now and in the foreseeable future will be branded as Solowheel due to legal/licensing reasons and a resulting agreement between InMotion and Solowheel. It has nothing to do with stockpiles. Every new V8 made to be sold in the US today, tomorrow, whenever will roll off the assembly line branded as Solowheel, period.

With an InMotion dust cover?  Sold as "InMotion Glide3/V8" by ewheels.com?  While the vacant "solowheel.com" redirects to another site that's selling the Classic, Extreme, and Scorpion? 

;-)

18 hours ago, h3X said:

Well, I think that most of us would be very disappointed if it isn't a 1600+ Wh wheel. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 2:48 AM, Liamfind said:

It's not fantasy, my friend. We have made it in our prototype model. The VX will surprise you guys for sure. Stay tuned for more info coming in.

I can’t wait to see this. I’ve been dreaming about suspension on an EUC. Not even for off road- I know many users here want that- I just want to be able to safely ride in downtown San Francisco without the constant fear of the horrific road conditions ejecting me from the wheel. Or, in the best cases, my knees and back nearly collapsing from riding through the surprise chasms they charitably and inaccurately call “potholes” here.

I bought a V10F as an upgrade to my V5F. I hope it helps, but I’d give anything for a suspended wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, Liamfind said:

3.Battery. Sorry to let you down. The inside design is too complicated to put a bigger battery in. 

How many Wh is the battery? I think it's more about keeping the chassis narrow, than it is about complexity. If manufacturers would use something other than 18650 cells they could fit more Wh in a narrow form factor. Another solution would be a taller chassis.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:46 PM, Liamfind said:

3.Battery. Sorry to let you down. The inside design is too complicated to put a bigger battery in

It’s most ridiculous excuse I’ve ever seen in my life!

as now I’m riding modded v8 with 3P battery configuration I can state that all you need to do to fit 33% bigger battery inside current line v8 is to get rid of plastic battery casing as you did in v10.

Also, there are 1000+ wh mods in the wilds with minor case modifications. 

Edited by WaveCut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They'll probably want to re-use their existing batteries instead of having a new assembly to deal with. Also to keep the price (and weight) down. The V8 is still the default <$€1000 wheel because they're the only ones doing any marketing. For more, there's the V10.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
grammar

2 hours ago, WaveCut said:

there are 1000+ wh mods in the wild

I'd love to see some of those if you don't mind posting some links! Maybe they'll even sway me back toward the v10.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

For more, there's the V10.

For more than the V10F though, there's currently nothing with comparable riding comfort. :unsure:

On 7/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, Liamfind said:

It's not fantasy, my friend. We have made it in our prototype model. The VX will surprise you guys for sure. Stay tuned for more info coming in.

I am excited! "Updated V8" coming, I can't wait for more updates about this 😮

• Like 1

What I’d like to see is a V10F with a 3 inch tire, 2000whr battery, properly designed and aimed headlight, a much larger heatsink with active cooling on the outside, battery and all electronics waterproof and designed with redundant critical components. Do away with all those fancy side lights which are useless to serious riders. 

Also, solid aluminum pedals that won’t crack and a weight capacity of 300 pounds. 

The design shape similar to the V10f with the same handle and trolly but with a latched release of some kind. 

40kph limit is fine with the 2000watt motor. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

What I’d like to see is a V10F with a 3 inch tire, 2000whr battery, properly designed and aimed headlight, a much larger heatsink with active cooling on the outside, battery and all electronics waterproof and designed with redundant critical components. Do away with all those fancy side lights which are useless to serious riders. 

Also, solid aluminum pedals that won’t crack and a weight capacity of 300 pounds. 

The design shape similar to the V10f with the same handle and trolly but with a latched release of some kind. 

40kph limit is fine with the 2000watt motor. 

All sounds good to me, but I’d add a minimal suspension system to better deal with gnarly city streets. 

I’d agree that during the day, side lights aren’t purposeful, some semblance of side lighting is absolutely critical for night riding. I’m much less worried about getting rammed head on or from behind- we can wear torches for visibility- but from the profile view, we’re invisible at night. The side lights help tremendously.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2019 at 8:56 AM, WaveCut said:

It’s most ridiculous excuse I’ve ever seen in my life!  as now I’m riding modded v8 with 3P battery configuration I can state that all you need to do to fit 33% bigger battery inside current line v8 is to get rid of plastic battery casing as you did in v10.

But I don't want my V8+ to catch fire whenever it rains!