INMOTION V20 ??

Dan NYC

So there was that rumor of a V8 refresh, but I have no insider info, only what I read on here and a few other random places online.

It's still hard to think what upgrades they could do to a V8 that wouldn't just turn it into the V10. Although I would propose a V8 with KS16S specs--decently larger battery/range with no more than mild bumps to motor and speed enabling it to get just a few more mph (20-22 mph) while importantly still staying in the 30's lbs. I think that size and weight of the V8 is crucial to its success so mostly adding range while not going overboard on the motor and things would be key. (If the KS16S can do 22 mph and 840Wh battery in a 38 lbs package, there's no reason an upgraded V8 couldn't do something similar without getting into the 45lbs V10 territory.)

Alternate options would be a refresh across the lineup, and/or a new high-performance option either in the 18 inch class or the new breed of larger 16 inchers like the Nikola/16X.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, uekarashi said:

There's a couple of new hashtags, #inmotionv12 and #inmotionvx, that's been showing up on inmotion_jason's instagram...

65367221_2503049503314841_5888807042247819264_n.jpg

Oh wow, excellent catch! That's /very/ intriguing.

12 hours ago, Eric Lin said:

aha, V20, what a good name. So you were hoping that we can jump straight to 20 and skip V11 to V19;)

Was hoping someone might have more info and thought that might attract attention hehe.

• Like 1

With Nikola GlueGate and 16X production delay, Inmotion could strike gold with a new 18” 1600wh wheel with suspension. Talk about stealing the thunder if they announced it with immediate availability. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

With Nikola GlueGate and 16X production delay, Inmotion could strike gold with a new 18” 1600wh wheel with suspension. Talk about stealing the thunder if they announced it with immediate availability. 

FTFY. ;-p I still think suspension on an EUC is a fantasy and irrelevant to your otherwise excellent broader point. In fact I don't even think 18" is a requirement here--a 16" InMotion in the vein of the Nikola/16x (with a higher top speed and larger battery than previous InMotion offerings) could also achieve the same.

Either way (16" or 18"), if InMotion enters the upper performance segment coupled with their already excellent production values and comparative safety record, it would be a very interesting development that could seriously shake things up.

Very excited. :-)

Edited by AtlasP

20 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Suspension on an EUC is a fantasy

I agree it is irrelevant to the point. But not complete fantasy. I only included in in this regard because it has been already hinted by InMotion staff member. At least been tested so it’s part of this rumor mill, like it or not  :dribble: