Ninebot One Z In-Depth Review by houseofjob

houseofjob

Nice review!

Overheating problem seems solved, I’ll have to test it when I get my production Z10 to be sure.

For the trolley handle, Try turn the wheel 180 degree and push it backwards, much easier.

Mudguard does not block all the water if you are going fast... it’s ok at low speed

17 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Nice review!

Overheating problem seems solved, I’ll have to test it when I get my production Z10 to be sure.

For the trolley handle, Try turn the wheel 180 degree and push it backwards, much easier.

Mudguard does not block all the water if you are going fast... it’s ok at low speed

Wouldn't it just collapse if you trolley it and hit something? Even more concerning when the handle start to get loose because there is no substantial locking mechanism.

Kingsong solution for trolley handle is the best but it takes to much precious battery space..

20 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Nice review!

Thanks!

And thanks for all the updates from the China side!

Will do, although my anal retentiveness usually won't allow me to roll things backwards as not intended LOL ?

Cool, thanks for noting. Better than nothing!

12 minutes ago, Kens said:

Wouldn't it just collapse if you trolley it and hit something? Even more concerning when the handle start to get loose because there is no substantial locking mechanism.

Kingsong solution for trolley handle is the best but it takes to much precious battery space..

Once you try it you will get it. Just press it down a little bit. I thought it was a stupid idea when I first heard about it, turn out it works

Thanks for the in-depth review @houseofjob!?

I haven’t rode an euc in ny, but ri has some pretty bad roads, I hope the Z can handle them while going fast. 

Someone mentioned magnetic pedals on the Z, is this on the demo which ultimately be on the release version?

29 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Thanks for the in-depth review @houseofjob!?

I haven’t rode an euc in ny, but ri has some pretty bad roads, I hope the Z can handle them while going fast. 

Thanks!

And yes, I was just in RI too! (shot a ride on my MTen3)

Same degree of crappy roads there yes (at least Providence, though much nicer than my college days!), Z should be one of the best available for that now!

32 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Someone mentioned magnetic pedals on the Z, is this on the demo which ultimately be on the release version?

Yes, they were on the demo (can see once my Z teardown vid is finished), and pretty sure they’ll be on the final.

32 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@houseofjob thanks for your work reviewing the Z10, I like what I hear/ see more and more....

Thanks!

@houseofjob great review!

too bad about the headlight but this is gonna be my pasture maybe beach someday wheel, so not a deal killer. probably could change out the led if one felt industrious.

did anybody look at the sidewall tire loading? air pressure range?

31 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Anyone else getting a server error where there should be a review video?

The Tube was down *grrrr

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@houseofjob great review!

too bad about the headlight but this is gonna be my pasture maybe beach someday wheel, so not a deal killer. probably could change out the led if one felt industrious.

Yeah, would really be nice if they fixed / improved pre-release, I hate after-market solutions. But me not being a big night-rider david hasselhoff, guess it’s ok, buying a Z10 regardless.

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

did anybody look at the sidewall tire loading? air pressure range?

Per NB1Z stock Tire:

18” x 4.1”

Max Load 190kg at 32PSI

4 Ply Rating

nFlvN7u.jpg?1

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

Per NB1Z stock Tire:

18” x 4.1”

Max Load 190kg at 32PSI

4 Ply Rating

wow, this will be my only euc with a tire rated to carry my weight. 

what tire pressure is 9bot recommending? 

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

what tire pressure is 9bot recommending? 

Tire pressure is always based on weight FWIW. No recommended I'm seeing in any NB1Z literature.

And of note, the riding under-inflated creating tube & tire rub is no longer valid here with tubeless [I think]! .... although when I pulled too much air from the demo Z10, it had the familiar pull-y thing going on, so achieving a balance based on your rider load is probably best.

In the Onewheel world, we use tubeless tires, and recommend startung the psi at 10% of your weight(in lbs.). When riding off road, lower it a few psi and when on fairly smooth pavement increase it a few psi.

4 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

@houseofjob, that might just be the best and most detailed EUC review I've seen! A lot of honest details well explained. Very well done, thank you!

Thanks! Means a lot coming from this community / forum!

:thumbup:  Nice job on the review, and hey I spotted the elusive @Cloud!  :w00t2:  What did he think of the wheel?  He's a pretty aggressive rider.  Also, nice fancy iFinger phone/ring/cup holder/viewfinder ring!  Bling bling!  Ya don't want to get that caught in something when riding, that's for sure.  ;)

22 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Thanks! Means a lot coming from this community / forum!

ya, i agree. some of these video reviews seem like they are trying to replicate reality tv shows which i don’t watch.

time is of the essence. and K I S S.

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:thumbup:  Nice job on the review, and hey I spotted the elusive @Cloud!  :w00t2: 

YES! that was the only point in my making this video

What did he think of the wheel?  He's a pretty aggressive rider.  Also, nice fancy iFinger phone/ring/cup holder/viewfinder ring!  Bling bling!  Ya don't want to get that caught in something when riding, that's for sure.  ;)

Well FWIW, according to him, he's slowed down some these days ?

His reaction / opinions  was one of the one's I was most curious to hear, so I made sure he had a good go! 

@Cloud surprisingly warmed up to the Z after I brain-washed showed him all the technique stuff I was trying to make up in an effort to combat / learn the Z's high speed, wide turning. 

But I'll let him speak for himself on this... (might've changed his mind too after the fact...)

Also, nice fancy iFinger phone/ring/cup holder/viewfinder ring!  Bling bling!  Ya don't want to get that caught in something when riding, that's for sure.  ;)

Haha! ?

Well, I adopted the same FDR-X3000 Sony Action Cam that @Marty Backe did (and loving it, thanks!), so that thing is the included self-view remote from the package on an optional Finger Grip pistol thing-y also made by Sony, just with no camera attached.

Maybe I should get it studded with rhinestones? ?

sony_akafgp1_finger_grip_1463688334000_1

Stick a small remote vibrating doohickey on there and enlarge the ring portion :whistling: ,and then you've got yourself a real high def multi-purpose POV action cam.   :efef2e0fff:  Although the camera angle would be all wrong... hmmm back to the drawing board!  :w00t2:

...For hamsters!  Hey, we all like hamstercams!  :innocent1:  Trigger the vibe to signal the critter to move along...

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, joku said:

Can you do me a favor and go buck wild on some grass and dirt? Try and go up and down curbs and stairs. I wanna see what that thing is capable of

Sorry, not my thing personally. Plus, the demo Z10 is now with @Duf now.

Archived