Gotway MSuper X arrived

10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Amen!

Baker’s dozen yet?  ;)

I'm done at 10 (11 if you include the $300 Chinese-Chinese knockoff that I still have for some reason).

I will resist all new wheel temptations :unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Do you have a time frame in mind? I am willing to wager, (if you don’t sell or give away any wheels) that you hit a dozen within 6 months. 

:popcorn:

I would wager that I'll have the same crop of wheels one year from now, but I don't want to take your money B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Omg how could you do that?  :thumbup: i hope it works awesome! 

There is a dummy on this forum that actually put spikes in his ACM pedals.... and then crashed!  :P

they are on the forum mate, if you have a look you'll find them. super effective 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

they are on the forum mate, if you have a look you'll find them. super effective 

Someone here is clueless @Rehab1, but we will forgive them their ignorance :laughbounce2:

Sorry @Jack Frost, just having a little fun at your expense ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

Sorry buddy. Just pulling your leg. I’m the big dummy that added the spikes to my ACM . I would not attempt this design as my feet were stuck like glue to the pedals when I crashed.

Acm studs

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Electroman said:

I still have that old 67v ACM but the pedals are at same height and equally flat right, as in no angle right?

I rode my ACM the other day for first time since I got the MSX, as weird and comfy as the MSX was to stand up on first time for me it just kept growing on me and when riding the ACM I found it totally disgusting to be honest. Pedals just so low and the lack of the angle made me feel uncomfortable, like I could slip off and the scraping came back right away, I realized I had changed the style and how I ride cause now I can actually lean at quite the angle and turning and feels so much natural after getting used to it.

Indeed apples to oranges, have to admit I probably been riding much faster on average than what is god for me in the long run, but this wheel is just glued to the road so stable I just keep forgetting about the speed I carry and just seem to end up there again and again. I think my ACM at least let me know when I carry too much speed this thing just swallow small holes, bumps + the height of the tire wall acts like a small suspension of sort. Love to try the Z10 at some point cause of the big tire and weight of the wheel.

I know I asked you some time ago and you told me the same (about ACM2), had some worries about Msuper at first but they all gone now. I am certainly not trying to justify making the right choice here, really happy I took the chance on the bigger wheel.

The ACM disgusting :wacko:? That's a strong reaction :D

Glad you're happy with the MSX though :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

I still have that old 67v ACM but the pedals are at same height and equally flat right, as in no angle right?

I rode my ACM the other day for first time since I got the MSX, as weird and comfy as the MSX was to stand up on first time for me it just kept growing on me and when riding the ACM I found it totally disgusting to be honest. Pedals just so low and the lack of the angle made me feel uncomfortable, like I could slip off and the scraping came back right away, I realized I had changed the style and how I ride cause now I can actually lean at quite the angle and turning and feels so much natural after getting used to it.

Indeed apples to oranges, have to admit I probably been riding much faster on average than what is god for me in the long run, but this wheel is just glued to the road so stable I just keep forgetting about the speed I carry and just seem to end up there again and again. I think my ACM at least let me know when I carry too much speed this thing just swallow small holes, bumps + the height of the tire wall acts like a small suspension of sort. Love to try the Z10 at some point cause of the big tire and weight of the wheel.

I know I asked you some time ago and you told me the same (about ACM2), had some worries about Msuper at first but they all gone now. I am certainly not trying to justify making the right choice here, really happy I took the chance on the bigger wheel.

i do like angled pedals, but the msuper X pedals are too much, i like them slightly angled, i made my msuper X pedals to about 7 degrees, i like them like this

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM disgusting :wacko:? That's a strong reaction :D

Glad you're happy with the MSX though :cheers:

:lol: Haha maybe a bit then, ok not disgusting per se, more like the contrast of stepping off the MSX and right up on the ACM.

If I was going to learn to ride again I think I would stick to the ACM, now though I do like the height and angle+ when EUC GUY pads come out I think it could possible be even better?

48 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i do like angled pedals, but the msuper X pedals are too much, i like them slightly angled, i made my msuper X pedals to about 7 degrees, i like them like this

Ok so you modified the pedal arms or the pedals, of course I get it we all have different preferences and glad you made it fit your needs.

21 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

I was lucky enough to own MSX and tried Z10.  For me I prefer MSX, seems more practical with even smoother ride than Z10.  Z10 is just cool wheel no dout about it.  I  don't know if I will buy one though.  :cheers:

Interesting, I am clueless to how Z10 rides can only make guesses, sure look good though and must be quite different I suspect.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 2:16 PM, egiljo said:

IMG_20180818_134249.thumb.jpg.b72edada6ee815807b291b79c48c2eef.jpg

The new extra foam is going over the edge and it also has addesive against the old ones, as this was my issue area regarding my sized legs.

When I banked the bot hard and quickly to escape big rocks or dampening bigger bumps.

The new foam is also higher (thicker) than the original pads.

Only had a test drive with this mod, so looking forward to the evening to really test them (when it's supposed to be clear weather again).

Bit uncertain about durability when crashing, but this is luckily seldom so time would tell.

Also the hard edge issue was a much less issue for me after adjusting to the wider stand.

The @EUC GUY pads is a bit different than my mod.

For me the original pads are good in thickness, so the wheel could stil float between my legs when I ride.

My new padding is just around the original pads to soften the top edge.

IMG_20180818_120415.thumb.jpg.dba16f0fc41bb9631cba174d064fa14d.jpg

I never had a need to have a push edge to speed up, but then I weight almost 100kg so I use my weight ?

For those who look for thicker pads or use the pads for leverage, I recon @EUC GUY mod is very good.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2018 at 8:15 AM, egiljo said:

The @EUC GUY pads is a bit different than my mod.

For me the original pads are good in thickness, so the wheel could stil float between my legs when I ride.

My new padding is just around the original pads to soften the top edge.

IMG_20180818_120415.thumb.jpg.dba16f0fc41bb9631cba174d064fa14d.jpg

I never had a need to have a push edge to speed up, but then I weight almost 100kg so I use my weight ?

For those who look for thicker pads or use the pads for leverage, I recon @EUC GUY mod is very good.

Yeah I don't understand some who said this wheel is so thick, I can free ride it too without trouble but just prefer to use a lot of knee/calf to control the wheel, heck I even use the heel and all kinds of weird parts of the leg and foot but so again I suppose I am quite aggressive as a rider and I think it's the backbone since old days cause on the dirt track I also used lot' on body (part) input to manipulate the bike where I want it, also for some reason so far have been a lot in tight city environments so?  But me too is 90.something kilos and I have not felt any trouble either in terms of acceleration, or braking for that matter as well as going up hills with no problem, so you might be correct and the rider weight just make it a lot simpler for us? Weighting this much we have a lot of disadvantages for sure, great should we also have at least some advantages too hahah? :)

On 8/23/2018 at 8:42 AM, Shad0z said:

i actually think i like the pedals rather flat, i filed the pedals, the pedals arms you would have to tinker with the axle if something went wrong, very straight foward mod, its just about getting it precise,

i rode a z10 and an msx, together, i rode the z10 for extended period also, i would say the z10 is a more jumpy wheel at all speeds, but at the same time as soon as you get into 25kph+ you really have to do an exercise to turn, a feel some people may prefer,

where as the msuper X is somewhere between that feel and an acm2 or tesla, the z10 has really been hyped up to be the ultimate offroad wheel,

but to be honest, i think the msuper X does better with bumps and roots, the msuper X tire sidewall is very tall and absorbs all the bumps, the z10 is just wide, but not as tall, the z10 is more of a fun wheel with a unique twist, but just because its "unique" doesnt mean everyone will like it, i definetly prefer my msuper X, it has more torque and is just a smoother ride,

the msuper X is like a luxury SUV, the z10 is like one of those big racing trucks, but overall theyre both great wheels that i could reccomend,

the z10 tire is approx 17 x 4,5 inches, while the msuper X is 19,5 x 3.0 

i hope this also gives you a perspective of the ride feel, the msuper X diameter is noticably larger, one mistake is calling them both "18 inch wheels"

they are so different, share some of the same qualities, but in different ways, and the tires are definetly NOT the same diameter! 

this is my perspective from trying the ninebot one z10 for about 20 km, and the msuper X for 270km :) 

Yeah I get it and we all have different styles and needs, than for providing the details always the interested one hehe..

Thanks also for more MSX vs Z10 input, appreciate it a lot and even though I have still not tried the Z10 I do get a lot of input from multiple sources who all together just paint a image, it's amazing how so many different people can have so similar views.

Absolutely agree and I came to same conclusion about the height of the tire wall on here after I got mine, even above the width but at least in combination with it is what is making it so comfy and smooth, that smoothness of the MSX is something else it's like it's almost flowing on top of the surface at times and comfort is something to behold, but I have so limited experience riding different models of wheels always curious and hard to say anything definite until I actually try one.

Besides I notice a new phenomena since I got my MSX somewhere in beginning of August (cannot remember exact date in my head and too lazy too check now), I know it is stupid, it is dangerous and I really. really, should not do it, but still even after getting these thoughts about "what if I blow a mosfet in this very moment" I still keep doing it daily now...  I keep accelerating into the range above the 50km/h mark, heck I keep it a just a bit under top speed for too  long time covering a transportation bit between where I live and the next suburb in the outskirts of Stockholm, not sure but I used to aggressive before too but always rode within the limits of the wheel by some margin and those speeds of the ACM was not the same, so I changed somehow without thinking about it and I think a lot has to do with this wheel feeling so stable and smooth even at surfaces not smooth and above 50km/h, I want a even faster wheel now, is this insane? Give us redundancy already, please!!

Either way it might just take the Z10 out of the equation by speed default does it not?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I agree, the stability at full speed is dangerously inviting! I creeped up to 50km/h as well when I was not checking the speeds for a few days. I now have the tilt-back set because of that, and because it’s too hard to hear the beeps because of the wind.

But yes, it is insane!! It was a bit hard at first to slow down, but it didn’t take long to learn to appreciate the stable ride at slower speeds as well.

I think we have gotten used to the wheel’s unstability at top speed in setting a kind of a barrier not to cross. MSX doesn’t have that barrier, so we have to control our top speed by a different measure.

It is, weird thing is I never had any plans of using this kind of high speed when buying it, I knew it could reach them and like you say I just end up there and later I see it in the app that I crossed 50km/h, whether app is 100% correct about km/h or not it is close enough I think cause I know what roads are 50 here and roads where police stand with laser at that at times and people (including myself when driving there) often follow the speed limit to a tee, both yesterday and today I followed these roads on bike lane to the side of it to check and before I know it I am riding at same speeds as the cars, at times I started to pass them although slowly and later app say 54.8km/h???  I am a bit heavy too so I can imagine for the lighter guys they must surely be pushing closer to 60 than to the 50 limit if doing the same?

I have to honest though and I know I should not it goes against my normal thought processes, but I kind of like the speed it is addictive for sure, but also not totally brain dead I do understand what can happen if I fall and when the though cross my mind on it I am usually aware and lower it a bit anyways, still I am what I am so if 2 gens from now a wheel like this came with 75km/h top speed I would buy that as well with a smile on my lips, telling myself I will never use it I just want the wheel for some cool feature... :lol: hahahaha. All jokes aside, full redundancy would be sweet and my biggest fear outside the standard scenarios like hitting something, getting hit, falling off etc is just that dreaded cut out. For now I will control myself better and keep being amazed at how stable this thing is at speed but also in general, I do suspect this was the best way they could have gone despite the cool looking Z tire, it's just something else this wheel.

5 hours ago, egiljo said:

I understand it's easy to get carried away by the hovering/floating and stable feeling of the MS.X @Electroman and @mrelwood.

I don't usually like tiltback, but on the Ms.X  i set the tiltback to 45 to limit myself.

I'd rather not think about crashing in higher speeds than this, I usually cruise in 35-40 using sports mode.

I don´t like the tilt back + never got perfect confirmation if it is or is not pulling extra juice out of the batt packs, if it is I am afraid I step over and take a dive? If it is not however, sure I will try to cause absolute it could signal that important information to me, the wind is often killing the signal but if wind is from the speed itself and not blowing hard outside I just tilt my head a bit or cover the front of 1 ear so the artificial opening from my hand is downwards and back and voila I hear it well enough. But today I started using my new downhill helmet and while it is not one of these heavy motorcycle helmets it is covering my ears to a point where started hating on it immediately, we are all different I respect that but I could never put on a heavy motor bike helmet myself, unless some suicide run testing top speed to the max? it may be better if I crash but my philosophy is very different all together, the point is not to crash and try to avoid with everything I have got, hence the audio signal and my last barrier between my face and the asphalts I take deadly serious and I need to hear it. Simply life the wheel and free run it to the max and see how many seconds one can push into last warning before cutting off?   2 very different philosophies all together, I am also fully aware of cars but I try not to ride among them, I can trust myself but I cannot trust all drivers out there, to me that signal is everything! But yeah I will consider the tilt back too and put it enough under the limit so that I should be safe.

Will try to set a tilt back speed at about 45 too, thanks.

• Like 2

@Electroman blowing mosfets was an issue with past gotway wheels, their previous models like the tesla and acm2 use snaller mosfets that can withstand up to 170 amps, going fast doesnt make the amps go up, but doing a fast jolt and shiftig all your weight it was possible to blow them, if you really tried, or you went up a steep hill very slowly and just jolted fowards, the msx mosfets can withstand up to 300 amps and 1000amp peak, same as kingsong, you will never reach the limit unless you do some crazy experiment maybe, but its practically impossible.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

@Electroman blowing mosfets was an issue with past gotway wheels, their previous models like the tesla and acm2 use snaller mosfets that can withstand up to 170 amps, going fast doesnt make the amps go up, but doing a fast jolt and shiftig all your weight it was possible to blow them, if you really tried, or you went up a steep hill very slowly and just jolted fowards, the msx mosfets can withstand up to 300 amps and 1000amp peak, same as kingsong, you will never reach the limit unless you do some crazy experiment maybe, but its practically impossible.

Yes Shad0z I know about the to247 package, my old ACM indeed got the to220 package too. I think you are correct and not heard about any burnt mosfets on the new board designs yet but must always remember all it takes is one and if not healthy from factory etc..? It's a stretch sure but there is also other electrical components that could go out, there is 0 redundancy here, on my ACM I de soldered the big capacitors and added 4x new caps of a selected model from well established manufacturer.   I just listed a mosfet but really if something brake and I take a nose dive at 50km/h I honestly could care less what the cause is if you know what I mean, the end result would be the same, me really messed up. :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

I don´t like the tilt back + never got perfect confirmation if it is or is not pulling extra juice out of the batt packs

The tilt-back pulls as much juice from the battery as you would if you’d start to brake in a similiar fashion. I’m on a mobile so I won’t search for the relevant threads right now.

Highest tilt-back setting on the MSX is 48km/h, and as it is a slow and gentle one, you can still ride at a steady 51km/h without even fighting it. Try it at a lower speed as you watch the speedometer, to learn how it behaves.

I don’t worry about the lack of redundancy with the current wheels. I’m sure the major risks of falling are outside the electronics, be it the rider, other people, animals, or surface conditions. Or even the tyre.

The first pitch black night ride I did on the MSX was a scary one. Twice I had a deer (and once a rabbit) start running across the road from right next to me. The default MSX front light beam is way too narrow to be usable in the dark. I replaced the light with a bigger cree led, and was able to find a position for the reflector where it now illuminates the sides of the road somewhat as well. Not that I’d ride 50 with it, but I think I was happy going atleast 35 on the dirt cycleways.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

I rode my MSXena to my company family lunch party at a park.  It was a chance for my colleges to show what they've been telling their loved ones about EUC.  I love MSXena what a wheel with 3" wide tire and the height of the tire gives it a such a smooth ride as if it has a suspension.  Anymore I air up my wheels at the max and sometimes even little more.  I'm finding out that for whatever the reason even with the tire sealants my tire pressure goes down over time.  In my ACM2, Tesla and MSX I now pressure it to 50-55 psi at the time of inflation. YMMV of course, but with recent rim damages being reported on this Forum I will not chance it anymore.  It's quite amazing how fast I get adjusted to the higher pressure and like it.  Advantages include less tire wear and longer range. :thumbup:

I have had very slow leaking tires before. Try tightening the valve core. It's amazing how just the tiniest looseness in the core can let out air over time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I have had very slow leaking tires before. Try tightening the valve core. It's amazing how just the tiniest looseness in the core can let out air over time.

Thanks Marty, you've advised me of this in the past and I do tighten it as much as I dare.  I also have 100 spare core that I replace the old ones if I have any doubt.  It's what it is I don't really know why but @Marcglider has similar issues with his wheels... 

• Like 1