KS18L and MSuper X

chunglam

I think white hides scratches the best. Especially if you look from a distance, white still looks all white despite the scratches, while on a black one they show better. A glossy black is going to be smudged by fingerprints (and the gloss fading) anyway, so it won’t look new even without scratches. Matte black is in the middle I think.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I think white hides scratches the best. Especially if you look from a distance, white still looks all white despite the scratches, while on a black one they show better. A glossy black is going to be smudged by fingerprints (and the gloss fading) anyway, so it won’t look new even without scratches. Matte black is in the middle I think.

I am afraid that if the matte black gets scratched the shiny color comes out??

I love my matte black 16s.  Holds up well.  I would  definitely choose the matte again. Plus when it does get nicked up it seems to just look rugged.  My shiny wheels...not so much.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 2

Any info on the Tiltback settings with the 18L?

I rode a 14s yesterday which was great, but tiltback near the beeper was nerve wrecking. I ride my MCM4 on the hardest setting with no tiltback. It makes the wheel very predictable at speed. Dunno if the same will be possible with KS wheels/apps

8 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I rode a 14s yesterday which was great, but tiltback near the beeper was nerve wrecking. I ride my MCM4 on the hardest setting with no tiltback. It makes the wheel very predictable at speed. Dunno if the same will be possible with KS wheels/apps

tiltback on my ks16 and 18s are very mild.  i have the pedal setting on experienced which is that hardest.  

45 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

A year ago I promised myself that I would never ever get myself a Gotway. But they just got so many things right on the Msuper X, I don't seem to have a choice on the matter!

I was the same, but I believe they have improved enough that I'm leaning to the MSuperX as well over the KS18L.  Also really interesting to see they are about the same width, I would've thought the Gotway was a lot wider.

Edited by Xoltri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Then the battery (extended to 1020Wh) cut the trip short.

How did you extend the battery? I heard that all S versions disengage the wheel when there is power on the charge port.

3 hours ago, andress said:

How did you extend the battery? I heard that all S versions disengage the wheel when there is power on the charge port.

I built in 16 more 18650 cells (from 16S4P to a 16S5P pack) and extended the battery bulges downwards on both sides to make room.

E2496DBB-D9D0-4D61-8506-4E18341F0152.thumb.jpeg.814765c46afc62eff766718eb555a8d2.jpeg

1 hour ago, EZhel said:

What about Z10 then? As wide as it gets.

I was dreaming about it, but as I swapped a few 2.5” tires around, I disliked the flatter ones the most, since they want to stay upright when cornering at speed. So far that seems to be the major issue with all reviewers on the Z10. Amplified because of the 4.1” tire of course. I was afraid it would be.

If only the 18L had more spare space for the tire... And a 1600Wh option. I’d be all over it right away.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, andress said:

@mrelwood Nice! Which BMS did you use? Do you have 8 extra cells on each side?

I connected the new cells in parallel to one set of existing cells, so it is using the original BMS. The mod originates from here, where @Slaughthammer has made a great job explaining the details:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dieterGRAMS said:

The speed, tiltback and riding mode of my KS18L

Screenshot_20180614-091717.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-091740.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, chunglam said:

The speed, tiltback and riding mode of my KS18L

Screenshot_20180614-091717.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-091740.jpg

What do the values mean? Are they in kph? 

I never understood why people have issues with tiltback, it’s there to tell you to slow down.  

Edited by Kael
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, chunglam said:

Yes, they are in km/hour

Better be hehe, ohh well let's just say mph and I would most def shout Hello KS, good buy Goway!

Seriously I think I cannot fight the MSX urge anymore, a KS18L would be nice otherwise but sucks to not be able to pick and choose, it's life for most I assume, priorities etc..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Seriously I think I cannot fight the MSX urge anymore, a KS18L would be nice otherwise but sucks to not be able to pick and choose, it's life for most I assume, priorities etc..

Why not? If you can afford a msX, you can afford an 18L, it's cheaper:

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/kingsong-ks18l-electric-unicycle (1715€)

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/msuper-x (2235€, 1650€ on Ali but the Chinese version may have the weaker pedal brackets, whatever that means)

Looking at the wheel per money ratio, ACM2 with 1300Wh is still good:

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/gotway-acm2-16-inch-electric-unicycle-1300wh (1600€, 100 less than 18L).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Seriously I think I cannot fight the MSX urge anymore

Join the dark side... We have 3"

p.s. bought a 500 gramms 700W 84V 8A/4A charger for my MSuperX already, tiny mighty thingy:

photo_2018-06-13_16-39-16.jpg

Edited by EZhel
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, EZhel said:

Join the dark side... We have 3"

Hehe indeed, think I will.

Yes meepmeep this is true and I may have been a bit unclear, sorry about that, what I am trying to say is that I do have an interest in the KS18L as well as the MSX but also the ACM2 after talking to Backe and Dan asking for opinions, help not being able to try in person. Tesla I also considered cause honestly just over 1000Wh could be enough for me, extra comfort of not having to charge constantly is appealing though and I admit I charge too often and soon cause I highly appreciate the torque closer to peak voltage. Been going round and round about model to choose for some week now and still not 100% but each time it lean more and more towards the MSX, would love some extra sense of safety that's true and have no doubt the KS18L is a very fine wheel but I can only choose one at very least for now. ACM2 I know 99% I will love cause I like the 67v I have so much, so agile and easy to hassle around for me, wheel enclosed give me great protection in any whether, my wheel only better, stronger for longer etc..  But pedals on MSX also appealing, no more constant scraping, big batt pack and I want to try a bigger wheel, feels like I must take the chance and enter the lottery, like or not? According to green fashion his MSX should be the version with improved pedal mounting to pedal arms, of course I cannot confirm just what he said on a direct question more or less.

• Like 3