KS18L and MSuper X

chunglam

On 6/15/2018 at 12:44 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

@Jason McNeil is currently in detective mode, trying to find out details about the bracket issue (maybe it was a batch of bad material?).

The news is in, "first batch of pillars looks the same as second batch, just different in rigidity [alloy strength]".

36 minutes ago, chunglam said:

I spent more time learning Android coding in my last few days, downloaded/installed Android studio and Wheellog source code from Github. I am tired of those broken apps provided by Inmotion, Kingsong and Gotway. I have experience in Windows coding  but none in Android. I also want to use my LG Urbane watch(Google Wear OS) with Wheellog, currently Wheellog only support Pebble and Samung Tizen Watches.

I've been in touch with the original Developer, Kevin, about helping to enhance the Development of WheelLog. Sorry, I don't have his forum alias, but one of our dexterous Customers, who happens to be coder on his day job, has offered to help out with the project. The first phase objective is to integrate a 'One-Button Unlock' function for the KS/GW Wheels, similar to how Darknessbot has implemented it. If you're able to port over the Pebble code to Google OS, I be happy to help support this effort with a modest bounty prize.  

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

I've been in touch with the original Developer, Kevin, about helping to enhance the Development of WheelLog. Sorry, I don't have his forum alias, but one of our dexterous Customers, who happens to be coder on his day job, has offered to help out with the project. The first phase objective is to integrate a 'One-Button Unlock' function for the KS/GW Wheels, similar to how Darknessbot has implemented it. If you're able to port over the Pebble code to Google OS, I be happy to help support this effort with a modest bounty prize.  

@Jason McNeilThanks Jason, I think I have enough self-motivation to start the porting effort and actually my ultimate goal is a stand-alone Wear OS app  that directly connect to wheel and show real-time information from it independent of any other app. I am not sure whether it is possible but that's my target, and certainly it will take more time and the fact that I still learning Android programming didn't help?. But we definitely need more coders into our beloved EUC community and more collective efforts to make Wheellog a prefer app for different brand EUC.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@chunglam I think you're the only one that has tried both. Please keep giving us more information! It would be nice if you post your daily experience and thoughts, because it's almost time for a lot of us to decide on which we want and we would be thankful for more information.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joku said:

Check out the build quality of the msuper x 

Not sure if that is quality.  Looks the same as older GW products.  The wiring is still a mess, the cover looks really flimsy.  Probably thicker than the Tesla shell.  Still using dabs of silicone for what?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Not sure if that is quality.  Looks the same as older GW products.  The wiring is still a mess, the cover looks really flimsy.  Probably thicker than the Tesla shell.  Still using dabs of silicone for what?

Are you talking about that white or grey stuff they put all over connectors?

Cause if you are I would love to know exactly what it is called, most silicons don't get exact consistence and a lot softer to the touch.  Being China it is most def also a very cheap option just looking after it to order some, it sure hold the connectors in place for me and than some.. ?

I took Tec 7 (Relekta) from work last time but want more and want it cheap too, I want what they are using just not sure what to search for online?

43 minutes ago, Electroman said:

I understand some may have use for (or at least want) the KS speakers, personally I could only see potentially when standing still, for ex barbecue with friends or whatever, I hate any disturbing noise around me including the wind itself when hard headwind cause I want to fully pick up on potential warnings?

Tesla, ACM2, KS18L and MSX was all interesting to me and perhaps for different reasons, just 10 minutes ago or so I clicked buy!

It's a decent size wheel, MSX it is.

:cheers:

• Like 2

MSX has lots of empty space inside (at the opposite side of control board), it can probably be upgraded to 2+ KWh. If someone will ever be crazy and rich enough to replace both batteries with LG MJ1 and fill all empty space with additional cells, that whould be close to Monster 2400 in range... And close to it in price.

3 hours ago, EZhel said:

MSX has lots of empty space inside (at the opposite side of control board), it can probably be upgraded to 2+ KWh. If someone will ever be crazy and rich enough to replace both batteries with LG MJ1 and fill all empty space with additional cells, that whould be close to Monster 2400 in range... And close to it in price.

Is there a reason for Gotway using GA cells in top models, I mean other than being a great all round cell with proven performance and available at decent cost (all things relative right?)

I understand Gotway is not going straight to for ex NKON for their cells like I sometimes do when in need, but to me as a private person I could choose MJ1 at same cost or close enough to be of little importance, I have no idea if these companies take all parameters into consideration down do internal resistance etc or just gunning for whomever can offer a boat load at best cost?  Pure speculations from my side, however as a private person rebuilding a pack the chemistry, performance, energy density etc parameters could all be very interesting considering the cost building big packs.

I have the MSX coming (soon I hope), lot's of spare room you say? ?

15 hours ago, chunglam said:

Today I took a little time to measure the weight of KS18L and MSX, suprisely only small different: 48.2 lbs vs 49.6 lbs. MSX difinitely feel heavier than the nos.

That's surprising considering how many more batteries the MSX has and the bigger tire. Wonder where the extra weight in the 18L is coming from?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's surprising considering how many more batteries the MSX has and the bigger tire. Wonder where the extra weight in the 18L is coming from?

Shell?  Seen the video of the MsuperX tear down, the shell when removed had lots of flex. Like it was too thin.  

Batteries are in a hard shell for 18L, Msuper and all others still using shrink wrap.  Could be better quaility motor with more copper windings.  Motor is the heaviest part.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1