KS18L and MSuper X

chunglam

24 minutes ago, nte said:

So the MSX has an additional 4lbs in cells?

Maybe the carbon fiber texture is reducing weight the same way adding stickers to your car increases horsepower.

I think so, 60 on each cell for 120 in total.

It makes sense, don't quote me on this I have never even seen one but,  KS18L should have 20s5p though, no?

3.7v * 20 cell * 3500mah * 6p = 1554Wh (Gotway 1600Wh even though the GA cell is more like 3350mah I think?)

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1

nte Ok I see, then it is the same only 1300Wh version use the PF (2900mAh) cell instead of the GA from what I could find out, same number of cells only lower energy density.

http://www.omnitron.cz/download/datasheet/NCR-18650PF.pdf

https://www.orbtronic.com/content/Datasheet-specs-Sanyo-Panasonic-NCR18650GA-3500mah.pdf

King Song quite honestly I know nothing about and not how they reach about 1k Wh, houseofjob seams so have it figured out though in which case yes you had the KS18L batt nailed down and even harder to explain the small variation in weight. With time someone will crack it and know exactly why. ?

Anyway like the image of the KS18L controlboard, investigating myself to add more capacitors to a 67v ACM and there it is using more than just the 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joku said:

Anything new? Which do you ride more? Which do you like more?

KS18L. My daily trip is only a few km and mostly on pavement, I feel KS18L is less offensive to pesdestrian due to its smaller tire and outlook. Another reason is that my leg still feel hurt when mounting on MSX, guess my leg need more time to train the muscle adapting to rectangle shell shape of MSX

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, chunglam said:

KS18L. My daily trip is only a few km and mostly on pavement, I feel KS18L is less offensive to pesdestrian due to its smaller tire and outlook. Another reason is that my leg still feel hurt when mounting on MSX, guess my leg need more time to train the muscle adapting to rectangle shell shape of MSX

Could you add a layer of soft'ish material on the MSX, in case the hard shell is what create the discomfort? ..or just ride it everyday a lot and will go away right? ?

Could you please explain what you mean by "less offensive", perhaps my English is not good enough to follow some details but I cannot figure out if offensive in the way a big wheel come hurling towards them scaring some (just visually) or offensive to them cause harder to manipulate and therefor you not being able to be as agile around then as with KS18L, or any other reason..?  I realize you do say feel so possibly subjective, or? Just trying to understand and quite interested having bought it myself and never ridden the Msuper at all and any input on what to expect is nice.

4 hours ago, Electroman said:

Could you add a layer of soft'ish material on the MSX, in case the hard shell is what create the discomfort? ..or just ride it everyday a lot and will go away right? ?

I think the little bit curve surface of KS18L side pads help the comfort feel. Yes, you can add or replace the MSX side pads but that will make MSX even wider and the discomfort should go away if I ride it more. 

4 hours ago, Electroman said:

Could you please explain what you mean by "less offensive", perhaps my English is not good enough to follow some details but I cannot figure out if offensive in the way a big wheel come hurling towards them scaring some (just visually) or offensive to them cause harder to manipulate and therefor you not being able to be as agile around then as with KS18L, or any other reason..?  I realize you do say feel so possibly subjective, or? Just trying to understand and quite interested having bought it myself and never ridden the Msuper at all and any input on what to expect is nice.

English is also not my native language, what I mean is the big EUC may scare some pedestrians when I ride passing them   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Since most of them don't even know a unicycle exists, I really don't think there is a notable difference in the amount of scaryness between 18L and Msuper X... :roflmao:

True! I rode my Luffy around factory outlet at night the other day and everyone stare at me like I'm a warlock...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chunglam said:

I think the little bit curve surface of KS18L side pads help the comfort feel. Yes, you can add or replace the MSX side pads but that will make MSX even wider and the discomfort should go away if I ride it more. 

English is also not my native language, what I mean is the big EUC may scare some pedestrians when I ride passing them   

Cool, I understand now.

I cannot say cause not tried one but for me I think I will like a wider stance all the way up to knees vs a slim one, had and interest in the IPS i5 for commuting  but very worried about the stance? But then again I am sure I would like the KS18L too, will soon know for sure what I think about the MSX?

Hehehe, yeah don't want to scare the pedestrians, imagine storming around on a Monster then?

?

Edited by Electroman

22 minutes ago, nte said:

@chunglam Is there official documentation that lists the 18L IP Rating at IPX5?

Yes, I remember the user manual said so. I left the manual in my office, will confirm when I back to office. Or any other KS18L owner can confirm this?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nte said:

@chunglam Is there official documentation that lists the 18L IP Rating at IPX5?

No mention IP rating in their manual, I may got that impression from kswheel.cn overview of KS18(old model). 

1764836984_ks18iprating.thumb.jpg.d234f9c2864ea37ec62c36438ccbf476.jpg

So no official documentation regarding KS18L IP rating

4 hours ago, Tommy Le said:

Does anyone know how to disable alarm 1 and 2 in kingsong 18L? I’m using darkness bot on iOS, I disable 1 and 2 but it keeps beeping when I hit around 14-15 mph. 

Kingsongs 1st and 2nd alarm are normaly disabled by setting them to 0.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Congrats on getting two of the most anticipated wheels of 2018!

Are you going to post up a video comparison review?  Did you try this apk:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11932

What does this apk do? 

32 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It’s the older, non-social Gotway app for Android.   Apk’s are the app packages sort of like how exe’s are Windows executables.  You can set your alarms and tiltback settings using the app.

You know I am curious when you post stuff I can't see description of. ? usually it is funny stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 11:30 AM, Electroman said:

Cool, I understand now.

I cannot say cause not tried one but for me I think I will like a wider stance all the way up to knees vs a slim one, had and interest in the IPS i5 for commuting  but very worried about the stance? But then again I am sure I would like the KS18L too, will soon know for sure what I think about the MSX?

Hehehe, yeah don't want to scare the pedestrians, imagine storming around on a Monster then?

?

I recently got a chance to ride the IPS i5 at a meetup and recorded it. In case it helps:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pwbi2URwm8&t=1s

I just took my KS18L for a test ride. I only have ridden a Ninebot E+ before this, so I don't have much to go off of, but I kinda liked the groove on my E+ better. I like to ride with my legs  not really touching the shell and then kind of toss the wheel back and forth between my legs. With the 18L, it's tall and the pads rub against the inside of my legs and is a bit annoying.  It's bit sluggish, but I know it's an 18" wheel and expected, but hopefully I'll get used to it and not mind so much.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 8:54 AM, Kens said:

True! I rode my Luffy around factory outlet at night the other day and everyone stare at me like I'm a warlock...

Staring at and scared by are fundamentally different things, so I thought.

Edited by Mono