THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Very nice Eddie. And using the old KS18S no less ;)

Hey, could you do me (some of us) a favor and post this (or a similar X video) as a 360-degree video. I'm curious to see how the X improves over the general crappiness of the One when published as a 360-degree.

I don't know if you've done this yet. After exporting as a 360 you have to run it through a tool that adds the 360-degree meta data to the file so that YouTube will display it properly.

I can't do 5.7k, so it will look like same usual garbage.  I use FCPX not Premiere.  :(  Also X doesn't support 5.7k export from phone.  TBH, the workflow is clogging my phone.  I have 256GB and a few of these 30 minute 5.7k videos takes up almost all my storage.  ONEX also downloads the file before you can work on it unlike on the ONE it is left on the ONE.  :P

35 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I can't do 5.7k, so it will look like same usual garbage.  I use FCPX not Premiere.  :(  Also X doesn't support 5.7k export from phone.  TBH, the workflow is clogging my phone.  I have 256GB and a few of these 30 minute 5.7k videos takes up almost all my storage.  ONEX also downloads the file before you can work on it unlike on the ONE it is left on the ONE.  :P

That sucks. I've been doing everything on my iPad Pro which works beautifully. You seem to have the latest and bestest of most things - get yourself a new iPad :whistling: You deserve it :D

I ...

• Plug the Insta in the iPad and download the video
  • Use the Insta iPad app to set up all the shots
  • Export the finished video and transfer it to one of my computers where I color correct and add titles as necessary.

Would have been nice to see a a 5.7k 360 from the X :(

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That sucks. I've been doing everything on my iPad Pro which works beautifully. You seem to have the latest and bestest of most things - get yourself a new iPad :whistling: You deserve it :D

I ...

• Export the finished video and transfer it to one of my computers where I color correct and add titles as necessary.

I have an Ipad Pro, I use it with the ONE, works good on the 4K content.  LOL

If you want to see some 5.7k footage, the 360 rumors guy has some.  Looks good!   unfortunately I can't use it yet on FCPX.  sucks.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I ...

@Marty Backe this is what it says using a phone maybe the same for a tablet ?

Screenshot_20181105_220128_com.arashivision.insta360one2.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I have an Ipad Pro, I use it with the ONE, works good on the 4K content.  LOL

If you want to see some 5.7k footage, the 360 rumors guy has some.  Looks good!   unfortunately I can't use it yet on FCPX.  sucks.  

I'll checkout 360rumors to see a sample and maybe learn what software they're using.

You could still just export the 360-video, add the meta data, and then post to YouTube. At least for a little test you don't need to use FCPX, just the Insta desktop app.

I want to see you riding an EUC not some random video from 360rumors ;)

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Marty Backe this is what it says using a phone maybe the same for a tablet ?

Screenshot_20181105_220128_com.arashivision.insta360one2.jpg

Interesting. I guess it's just clicking now that for 360-degree video from the X you actually have to process 5.7k video.

I'm not even sure if my my video processing software can consume those files.

These hi-res 360 cameras really do need leading edge hardware/software to show their full glory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll checkout 360rumors to see a sample and maybe learn what software they're using.

You could still just export the 360-video, add the meta data, and then post to YouTube. At least for a little test you don't need to use FCPX, just the Insta desktop app.

I want to see you riding an EUC not some random video from 360rumors ;)

Interesting. I guess it's just clicking now that for 360-degree video from the X you actually have to process 5.7k video.

I'm not even sure if my my video processing software can consume those files.

These hi-res 360 cameras really do need leading edge hardware/software to show their full glory.

I tried it with the beta desktop software a few weeks ago. It messed up the splicing.  I haven’t checked if they have another one.  Will check and then try do an upload of a short clip if it works.  Took a while last time on my pc.    

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jorge RT said:

Just starting to play with an iPad Air 2 (1080)... :blink1:

:thumbup:  If nothing else, I love the easy slo-motion that you can get with the X

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

@Marty Backe, here as requested.  Sample 5.7K 360 Video from our recent group ride.  Unedited, unretouched.

Thanks! It's not overwhelming, but I think it's an improvement over the ONE for sure. Looks pretty good on a phone or with VR.

Worthwhile to post periodically IMO.

:thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks! It's not overwhelming, but I think it's an improvement over the ONE for sure. Looks pretty good on a phone or with VR.

Worthwhile to post periodically IMO.

:thumbup:

yes, acceptable quality, but really need 8K to be really good.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

yes, acceptable quality, but really need 8K to be really good.  

Had another better look at this video when I got home. It's definitely much better than the ONE. I look forward to upgrading my camera eventually.

It's the stabilization that really matters. If it isn't stable and level, sharpness literally doesn't matter. Hats off to Insta with the X. And to Rylo, Garmin, and GoPro for keeping the marketplace competitive. My X should be here any day, can't wait. I've shot 360 photos and video for 20 years and I can't be happier to see the tech be able to live up to the vision. Keep shooting everybody!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, who_the said:

It's the stabilization that really matters. If it isn't stable and level, sharpness literally doesn't matter. Hats off to Insta with the X. And to Rylo, Garmin, and GoPro for keeping the marketplace competitive. My X should be here any day, can't wait. I've shot 360 photos and video for 20 years and I can't be happier to see the tech be able to live up to the vision. Keep shooting everybody!

Can you post one of those videos from 20-years ago? The quality must be glorious :lol:

4 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Everytime I see these group rides... I so wish I could go for one, tired of riding alone, ha ha.

everyone is welcome to join our group rides.  We usually do a pit stop to eat after a few hours.  Gives us a chance to recharge both the wheel and ourselves and a chance to relax and get to know each other.  Common bond is our love for the EUC hobby.

• Like 1

Chooch Tech tests his 100V MSX!  Best EUC yet ???

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2018 at 12:49 PM, Alex_from_NZ said:

It's interesting. It seems, looking into it, the differences can be summarised as follows. 

Better infrastructure for cycling. Separated cycleways and dedicated lanes. Looking at a few videos the pathways seem super good quality. Must be nice to ride! 

Training kids to ride safely, and drivers to be aware of cyclists. 

Different bike styles, more utility bikes than sport with an upright sitting position leading to greater spacial awareness and a slower general speed. 

Culture. There are no helmet laws, something the cycling Union advocates for under the belief enacting a mandatory law would reduce the overall cycling health. (im guessing less people would ride, meaning less exercise and greater health problems, costs etc. I could believe the numbers work out on this considering how frequently people use bikes over there.. Still doesn't stop a crash from hurting like hell thou lol) 

And I think (aside from infrastructure) the biggest difference is simply frequency. Over a quarter of all trips taken in Holland are supposedly by bike. People are better riders by the fact they simply ride so often, and drivers are better drivers because they are used to encountering cyclists so often. 

60% of Hollands fatal bicycle accidents occur at intersections, and 40% of those are as a result of the driver. But either way its predominantly where cars and people mix that is where the worst accidents happen (not so surprisingly). 

I do look up some odd stuff at midnight after a couple Chivass.. ? Apologies for the ramble. 

Her are 2 video's that shows the bike  cycleway infrastructure in the Netherlands.

that shows we used to bikes in traffic. Not more different or dangerous if you ride an EUC here.

Edited by gotmotion2016
delete