THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Hsiang said:

Week 1 of riding the Z10; speculation on the wheel wobble racing the eboarders here in NYC. Let me know what you think!

65psi?! Most people seem to settle around 30psi with the Z10. I also noticed that you stand further to the back than most. Generally you line the rear end of your shoe to the rear end of the pedals. Both of these factors have a big effect on the wobbles.

Regarding the video, great job! It was a good watch. One thing though, the music sections were a lot louder than your speech. I would lower the volume of all music quite drastically, at least 6dB or so. Other than that, pro edits and totally enjoyable to watch. Thanks for making and sharing it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hsiang said:

I have a cheapo kmart pump that aren't very accurate, I think I am around 65 which might be on the higher side for me. I am planning on dropping it down to 60 and see if it feels any different.

65 psi ?  I have 17 psi on my z10.  Either buy a new and more accurate psi meter or you are riding on a balloon.  In fact, I think that on the Z10 tire, the max psi recommendation is 35 psi,  I cannot remember for sure.

• Like 1

I have a cheapo kmart pump that aren't very accurate, I think I am around 65 

22 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

65 psi ?  I have 17 psi on my z10. 

43 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

65psi?! Most people seem to settle around 30psi with the Z10. 

@Hsiang 65 psi would defiantly cause wobbles when hitting bumps at high speeds. Are you trying to gain a membership into @Hunka Hunka Burning Love‘s 60 Plus PSI Club? :)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Not all riders or wheels can handle the pressure.  B)  Go high or go home.  :ph34r: Said the guy who crashed his Tesla ultimately.. :crying:

Ah... maaaybe don't do as I say, and don't do as I do!  :whistling:

But @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I thought you were going to swap to exoskeleton and stormtrooper armor once you get a new EUC that can handle the extra weight. And of course with even faster speeds.

Or did I miss something here..As it is Halloween?? 

I had been looking forward for a fancy t-shirt and movie with you.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Got my Insta360 one x ordered today; we shall soon see which is better for wheel videography...at least the kind that I do.

i am now XXX ? i got my msuper X , insta360 X and just bought huawei mate20 X ,,,,,, will be a good phone to do all my insta360 videos on??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You mean kinda like this?  :w00t2:

I knew it...?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Hsiang 65 psi would defiantly cause wobbles when hitting bumps at high speeds. Are you trying to gain a membership into @Hunka Hunka Burning Love‘s 60 Plus PSI Club? :)

it was 35psi! sorry trying to covertly browse EUC forum at work and getting shoot out response and getting my wheel pressure mixed up!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

it was 35psi! sorry trying to covertly browse EUC forum at work and getting shoot out response and getting my wheel pressure mixed up!

That’s better. I was getting worried. So it appears there will be no @Hunka Hunka Burning Love exclusive 60 plus psi club membership for you. Don’t be disappointed as you would have been only the second member to join and his annual dues are outrageous. ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

That makes me feel better. I can't imagine what would happen with 60+ psi in the Z10 tire :blink1:

On 10/30/2018 at 2:55 AM, Kva said:

Wow congrats with nice progress!!!!

Such classic unicycle must come into upgrade path for all of us EUC owners.

How much time did it take to lear this?

I saw many classic unicycles on ebay. Any recommendation for wheel size and brand?

16", 20", 24". Which one is easiest to start with?

Most everyone recommends adults start with 20.  16 is possible, but more for kids unless you're very short.  And someone over six feet tall can still ride the 20 easily by simply raising the seat post.  I have a 20 and still can't ride properly, but it's much easier than the 24 I bought first.

It takes anywhere from a few hours to a few months to learn to ride, depending on how old you are and what kind of experience you have with balance sports.  And also, people are just very different from each other in that respect.

I got this 20 incher by Nimbus from unicycle.com and think it's a great deal.  So did the guys at my local bike shop.  Great components and its nice fat tire helps to learn.  The skinnier the tire and the bigger the unicycle, the harder it is to learn.

https://www.unicycle.com/nimbus-ii-20-triumph-unicycle-custom/

Throw something extra into the order so it reaches $300, and you get free shipping.  You're going to need shin guards if you don't already have them.  Maybe something for the back of your lower leg too, as pedal bite can be fierce.

That site has highly regarded ones, like the Club line, that are half that price or less, though.  That will be ideal for lots of people, who would only use the 20 for learning and find it too small for trail or street riding.  20 is more for learning and for doing tricks.  At any rate, stick to the 20 inch plus fat tire theme if you can, for learning.

Look up Kris Holm and Lutz Eichholtz (sp?) for some inspiring videos with different size uni's.  Plenty of good unicycle videos out there on the net.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Most everyone recommends adults start with 20.  16 is possible, but more for kids unless you're very short.  And someone over six feet tall can still ride the 20 easily by simply raising the seat post.  I have a 20 and still can't ride properly, but it's much easier than the 24 I bought first.

It takes anywhere from a few hours to a few months to learn to ride, depending on how old you are and what kind of experience you have with balance sports.  And also, people are just very different from each other in that respect.

I got this 20 incher by Nimbus from unicycle.com and think it's a great deal.  So did the guys at my local bike shop.  Great components and its nice fat tire helps to learn.  The skinnier the tire and the bigger the unicycle, the harder it is to learn.

https://www.unicycle.com/nimbus-ii-20-triumph-unicycle-custom/

Throw something extra into the order so it reaches $300, and you get free shipping.  You're going to need shin guards if you don't already have them.  Maybe something for the back of your lower leg too, as pedal bite can be fierce.

That site has highly regarded ones, like the Club line, that are half that price or less, though.  That will be ideal for lots of people, who would only use the 20 for learning and find it too small for trail or street riding.  20 is more for learning and for doing tricks.  At any rate, stick to the 20 inch plus fat tire theme if you can, for learning.

Look up Kris Holm and Lutz Eichholtz (sp?) for some inspiring videos with different size uni's.  Plenty of good unicycle videos out there on the net.

@Kva I bought a few crappy unicycles from Amazon before splurging on the nimbus from unicycle.com.  Night and day.  Although I started o learn on the budget unicycles, when I got my nimbus, it made learning much easier.  I think I would have learned in half the 4 hours it took me if I started on the nimbus 20”.  

If you don’t have proper leg protection, you will get pedal bites.  My pedal bites were in the back of the leg, not front.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

@Kva I bought a few crappy unicycles from Amazon before splurging on the nimbus from unicycle.com.  Night and day.  Although I started o learn on the budget unicycles, when I got my nimbus, it made learning much easier.  I think I would have learned in half the 4 hours it took me if I started on the nimbus 20”.  

If you don’t have proper leg protection, you will get pedal bites.  My pedal bites were in the back of the leg, not front.   

I got both, but the shin stuff was minor.  The calf stuff took me out for a month and there are still scars.  Trying to find gentler pedals isn't easy either  For some reason the equipment peddlers cater to experienced riders and there is more or less nothing provided to protect beginners.  It's not even talked about.  

Grats on the 4 hours.  That is great by any standard, young person or old.  Sounds like some of your EUC practice helped prep you for regular unicycle riding.  Good news for EUC riders looking to transfer over.  The whole reason I became interested in regular unis at all was because I read that the skill transferred over to EUC riding very well (with relatively little risk of injury).

Then I saw some Kris Holm videos and realized one isn't "just" a stepping stone to the other -- both regular uni's and EUC's were very challenging and exciting and, importantly to me, both could be ridden into old age, a condition I might one day aspire to achieve.

• Like 1