THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

I got both, but the shin stuff was minor.  The calf stuff took me out for a month and there are still scars.  Trying to find gentler pedals isn't easy either  For some reason the equipment peddlers cater to experienced riders and there is more or less nothing provided to protect beginners.  It's not even talked about.  

Grats on the 4 hours.  That is great by any standard, young person or old.  Sounds like some of your EUC practice helped prep you for regular unicycle riding.  Good news for EUC riders looking to transfer over.  The whole reason I became interested in regular unis at all was because I read that the skill transferred over to EUC riding very well (with relatively little risk of injury).

Then I saw some Kris Holm videos and realized one isn't "just" a stepping stone to the other -- both regular uni's and EUC's were very challenging and exciting and, importantly to me, both could be ridden into old age, a condition I might one day aspire to achieve.

Unfortunately skill transfer is one way only.  Knowing EUC has zero advantage.  Though learning manual gave me an edge on EUC, especially for going slow.  Yeh, I have pedal bites on my lower calf that still haven’t faded after a year!  Good news is no new ones!

That's what I've read, yet your testimony is the first thing that gave me any doubt - four hours to learn a regular unicycle is extraordinary!  If EUC gave you no edge, then it must have been something else.  Prior experience skateboarding? Skiing? Rollerskating?  Slipping on banana peels?  I don't even know what to guess. 

You are the first person I've heard about learning so fast who also has EUC experience.  Very few on the most popular unicycle forum testify to learning anywhere near as fast ... though some say their kids do.  But, ah, you know, kids ... the little monsters!  Always showing us adults up! :D

22 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

That's what I've read, yet your testimony is the first thing that gave me any doubt - four hours to learn a regular unicycle is extraordinary!  If EUC gave you no edge, then it must have been something else.  Prior experience skateboarding? Skiing? Rollerskating?  Slipping on banana peels?  I don't even know what to guess. 

You are the first person I've heard about learning so fast who also has EUC experience.  Very few on the most popular unicycle forum testify to learning anywhere near as fast ... though some say their kids do.  But, ah, you know, kids ... the little monsters!  Always showing us adults up! :D

I follow mike Boyd, check out his YouTube channel, who learned it in 2.5 hours.  So me having the cheap I unicycle did hinder my progress.  Because once I bought the nimbus it was definitely quicker improvements.  I did it over a few weeks at 20 minutes a time.  Think I had some sessions that were over. But gave the body rest to develope the muscle and brain pathways.  

I only had biking and blazing background.  Nothing else.  No skating boarding , snow boarding, or anything else. 

The thing I learned from following mike Boyd is you can learn anything, just have to put fear aside and try over and over again. The brain is an amazing thing!

Edited by eddiemoy

9 hours ago, winterwheel said:

One of those why-the-heck-not moments.

You used the wrong wheel Batman.  You should ride the Z10 (with its tire exposed) and link the bluetooth to play the Batman movie theme song and ride that mini Tumbler around the streets of Gotham to turn heads.

Edited by SanDiegoGuy
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

You used the wrong wheel Batman.  You should ride the Z10 (with its tire exposed) and link the bluetooth to play the Batman movie theme song and ride that mini Tumbler around the streets of Gotham to turn heads.

I was going to use V8 which would have been a bit better, but the gathering was too far away. I promise to do better next year.:)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, z3n said:

Had so much fun capturing 100% head turns of people around! :w00t2:

Fun video. I'm surprised that so many people were looking at it. I thought EUCs were all over the place in Indonesia?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

Nice :thumbup: Some great riding locations.

I'm not trying to be a safety cop (I really don't care how people choose to ride). But I do find it fascinating how not a single person had any safety gear, and lots of riding with hands in the pocket. This must be cultural? A Holland thing? Maybe it's because of the great health care system :confused1:  Don't get me wrong, I periodically ride with people that wear nothing, but usually most of the riders are wearing various levels of gear and the 'naked' guy is an outlier.

P.s. I did see one guy had wrist guards :cheers:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Fun video. I'm surprised that so many people were looking at it. I thought EUCs were all over the place in Indonesia?

Thanks man! Me too, I would've never noticed them if it were not a 360 camera. :efefa6edcf:

Unfortunately no, real deal EUCs are so rare here. But the good thing is, no regulations at all too. All freedom to the fullest! :clap3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

But I do find it fascinating how not a single person had any safety gear, 

The date when the move is done is 2nd January 2016. Probably it is before the safety gear is invented. 

Edited by Ch.Eng.62
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, z3n said:

Had so much fun capturing 100% head turns of people around! :w00t2:

That was great! I literally ordered a 360 camera two days ago to do the exact same kind of video! Haha

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not trying to be a safety cop (I really don't care how people choose to ride). But I do find it fascinating how not a single person had any safety gear, and lots of riding with hands in the pocket. This must be cultural? A Holland thing?

Riding a bicycle in The Netherlands is much safer than riding a bicycle in the US, despite that virtually nobody wears a helmet on a bicycle in The Netherlands, while many (or even most) people do in the US. Go figure. At least, evidently, Holland culture seems to be a healthy culture.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, Marty Backe said:

Nice :thumbup: Some great riding locations.

I'm not trying to be a safety cop (I really don't care how people choose to ride). But I do find it fascinating how not a single person had any safety gear, and lots of riding with hands in the pocket. This must be cultural? A Holland thing? Maybe it's because of the great health care system :confused1:  Don't get me wrong, I periodically ride with people that wear nothing, but usually most of the riders are wearing various levels of gear and the 'naked' guy is an outlier.

P.s. I did see one guy had wrist guards :cheers:

Meeeeee!! ??

• Like 1

Gotway M Super V3 in the Caribbean - Trinidad & Tobago 

The only EUC rider on his way to work.

Credit: Salad Bowl

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Winter coming ....  please have a look on our summer EUC meeting in Wrocław, Poland...

@LanghamP, they are doing your teaching method.  Barefoot!  starting at 1:15.  I tried on a few people so far no success. But method makes sense.