THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

35 minutes ago, stephen said:

With wheel log i get 95% with gotway app I'll have to check it again i think it says 100 but gotway app doesn't go up in increments of one if I'm correct🤔 , I'll message Ian and see what he says ,, also my battery goes down to 80-84% after about 5-7 miles that's always puzzled me also .

If that's ~80% under no-load, that's way too low.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, US69 said:

Look at the exact voltage number the app is telling you. 

A fully charged Wheel should show -at least- 83,5 Volt...and can  be up to 84Volt or even 84,1.

I dont know if the GW in England have a reverse Diode for protecting the charge port? Wasn't it that this was made special for ewheels in the US??

it's only ever 81.6v😍

Edited by stephen

17 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yeah that's 80%no load . How many miles do you get when it reaches 80% please 

I don't have any hard numbers, but it's certainly in the low to mid 90's. I can think of a recent ride where the battery level under load was ~75% at ~15-miles.

Have you ever done a range test on your wheel? That's one of the first things I always do. Three MSX riders did a 51-mile ride last weekend and we all had at least 25-percent battery (no-load) remaining.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stephen said:

it's only ever 81.6v😍

My voltage (from WheelLog) is something like 82-1/2 volts, yet the battery percentage is 100-percent. I'm not sure I believe the voltage readings from the app. I do trust my battery percentage levels because they match the range that I get with the wheel.

45 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My voltage (from WheelLog) is something like 82-1/2 volts, yet the battery percentage is 100-percent. I'm not sure I believe the voltage readings from the app. I do trust my battery percentage levels because they match the range that I get with the wheel.

For Gotway, 4.1125V per cell is full (see here), so that would be 82.25V for 100%. So keeping the charger in after 100% to get to 84V can make a multiple mile difference on a big battery wheel.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gotway, 4.1125V per cell is full (see here), so that would be 82.25V for 100%. 1V is ~4% battery so you do the math how much range you're missing by not going to 84V. So keeping the charger in after 100% can make a multiple mile difference.

From 4,112 on is shown as full-100% on the app( so from 4,112 to 4,2 shows up as 100%) .but actually on all our wheels a full cell is 4,2 Volts. And thats not only on our wheels, its just the cell sppecification.

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, US69 said:

From 4,112 on is shown as full..(so from 4,112 to 4,2 shows up as 100%) .but actually on all our wheels a full cell is 4,2 Volts. And thats not only on our wheels, its just the cell sppecification.

The 4% number you quoted from me is wrong (math error) but everything doesn't seem to be too exact anyways. But it's significant. I always noticed having less range starting from 100% than when the charger was in overnight, that's the explanation. If the reverse diode makes  it worse AND you can't even charge to 84V (or can you?), that's a bummer.

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The 4% number you quoted from me is wrong (math error) but everything doesn't seem to be too exact anyways. But it's significant. I always noticed having less range starting from 100% than when the charger was in overnight, that's the explanation. If the reverse diode makes  it worse AND you can't even charge to 84V (or can you?), that's a bummer.

Even if I'm losing a little bit of range because of the diode, I still get 55+ miles from the MSX. For me it's not enough to worry about.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Even if I'm losing a little bit of range because of the diode, I still get 55+ miles from the MSX. For me it's not enough to worry about.

I get 40+miles but i think I have more hills in the uk maybe, or  maybe I'm just hoping mine is right lol... Can't do that many tests as I'm moving in with my girlfriend so i can afford more wheels😁😁 don't tell her that 😆 plus the weathers 💩

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stephen said:

I get 40+miles but i think I have more hills in the uk maybe, or  maybe I'm just hoping mine is right lol... Can't do that many tests as I'm moving in with my girlfriend so i can afford more wheels😁😁 don't tell her that 😆 plus the weathers 💩

I think the question is, "are you happy with the wheel?" If yes, put all this behind you and enjoy. If not, work with Ian to become satisfied. He's really big on his 2-year warranty, make use of it :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I think the question is, "are you happy with the wheel?" If yes, put all this behind you and enjoy. If not, work with Ian to become satisfied. He's really big on his 2-year warranty, make use of it :)

Yeah ofc im happy with it and i love it , when I'm out i cant bare to come home unless the battery's run down and then i could go more ,, it's the best feeling ever 😊 im deffo a big ranger😊  the msx is probably every thing i wanted in a wheel 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephen said:

Yeah ofc im happy with it and i love it , when I'm out i cant bare to come home unless the battery's run down and then i could go more ,, it's the best feeling ever 😊 im deffo a big ranger😊  the msx is probably every thing i wanted in a wheel 

That's great!

But if your wheel just gets charged to some 8x% there is some charger/battery/motherboard problem. Ian knows about all this quality issues at the moment and will provide you with a solution for this - so imho no real need to discuss lengthly about various possibilities here?

... although i like to talk about ifs and whens too ... 😎

6 hours ago, Edddeus said:

@Marty Backe, I am starting to think your Z10 is your go to wheel of choice. You rarely ride the other wheels as much. 

:lol:

The vast majority of my rides are not filmed. I rotate through all of my wheels, but I will say that I still grab the Z10 more than any other wheel :thumbup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

Well. here it is. if anyone was waiting. haha. idk. :D 

What an ordeal, you had to do everything twice!

Disassembling the motor was scary and cool. Very interesting, and you got it fixed!

Those pedal brackets, that must have been an especially attentive worker putting together your wheel. Gotway build quality:rolleyes: They must have some special skill in making two errors cancel each other to build a working wheel this way, that's impressive on its own:D

To be fair, Gotway service seems to be responsive and non-stingy to make up for the lack of quality. I hope that's not just because you're a YouTuber.

"Not fun at all. I mean they're fun to ride, but not work on." Haha very true. Though other manufacturers aren't fun to work on as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2