THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

From our ride yesterday. We wanted to make sure we got a bit of video riding on something other than pavement before the season ends.

Nice! Remember the season never ends. The conditions just change. ;)

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yeah, I'll be going all winter (the wheel cuts my commute time by more than half) and as a group we already have mapped out a massive indoor location for when the weather is too hairy outside.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Yeah, I'll be going all winter (the wheel cuts my commute time by more than half) and as a group we already have mapped out a massive indoor location for when the weather is too hairy outside.

Love the enthusiasm! What sort of location for indoor use have you got in mind? Sports hall, warehouse? 

18 minutes ago, adampj said:

Love the enthusiasm! What sort of location for indoor use have you got in mind? Sports hall, warehouse? 

There is a fairly new underground parking lot that extends almost a city block under a shopping center. It is brightly lit, wide open, has sufficient overhead clearance, and will have very little activity on Sunday mornings when we normally meet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

There is a fairly new underground parking lot that extends almost a city block under a shopping center. It is brightly lit, wide open, has sufficient overhead clearance, and will have very little activity on Sunday mornings when we normally meet.

Great idea! Will have to see what's around me locally. Have entered into the EUC game late on in the year, just as the weather starts to turn, but am determined not to be defeated! Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I think 'the season" didn't get that memo here in Sweden....the dreaded and very evil...black ice spots...that 'sneaks' up underneath you out of the dark in the morning. 

Very evil indeed ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Nice. How long is that selfie stick. Looks like it's at least 3m.

It is 2,70m long. The insta360 One X is 30 g heavier than the Insta360 One. When held horizontally, it bends more and the stick is a bit visible.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 3:45 PM, Steph Bussière said:

Hey that's a cool ACM cover you have on it.  Very military looking.  Where did you get it?

du3P7nb.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

10 hours ago, trya said:

totally inappropriate :)

Wow congrats with nice progress!!!!

Such classic unicycle must come into upgrade path for all of us EUC owners.

How much time did it take to lear this?

I saw many classic unicycles on ebay. Any recommendation for wheel size and brand?

16", 20", 24". Which one is easiest to start with?

40 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

Week 1 of riding the Z10; speculation on the wheel wobble racing the eboarders here in NYC. Let me know what you think!

I believe most  Z10 riders have experienced wobbles at some point including myself. I find that any irregularities in pavement induce a wobble more often at higher speeds that is why my Z is mostly used off road. For an inexperienced rider this oscillation can be ominous. 

Curious: what is your tire pressure are you running on the streets?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kva said:

How much time did it take to lear this?

I saw many classic unicycles on ebay. Any recommendation for wheel size and brand?

16", 20", 24". Which one is easiest to start with?

It took me 5-6 weeks to get to this point, although I trained irregularly and not more than 15-20 min a day. As to the recommendations - I'm not an expert and Google can get you a lot more info and better answers :) My 20" uni came in the mail from a friend, who couldn't think of a better present for my 62-nd birthday :)

Now I know how my EUC controller feels when it keeps me rolling and when it drops me on the ground :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I believe most  Z10 riders have experienced wobbles at some point including myself. I find that any irregularities in pavement induce a wobble more often at higher speeds that is why my Z is mostly used off road. For an inexperienced rider this oscillation can be ominous. 

Curious: what is your tire pressure are you running on the streets?

I have a cheapo kmart pump that aren't very accurate, I think I am around 65 which might be on the higher side for me. I am planning on dropping it down to 60 and see if it feels any different.