THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

10 hours ago, Jag_Rip said:

Like the foowear, cam angle and the turning heads after you passed.. :D Even for NYC it happened often enough

Yeah EUC and puppy are prob the number 1 conversation starter lol.

7 hours ago, DSeucist said:

Quite brave inside the traffic @logos122

I was looking in your video to see the police car trying to chase you :P

Hahah yeah but I don't think they could catch a Gotway ?

• Upvote 1

@DSeucist Nice vid man. Can't see in the vid, do you use your arms to hold onto something or stop yourself from falling?
If not, very impressive. Been practising for a while (I've had my NBO for a month and a half now) and can't manage to do sth like that yet..

@logos122 Cool boots and a pretty cool vid! Very agile!

Thank you @Tyred :)

I held my arm once only in the beginning of the video...the rest is my hands flapping for balance, the moves that I try to diminish.

Holding to something while riding is the first phase. Next is to try not to hold more and more times....practice, practice, practice...and next is you feel confident and not looking to grip something stable anymore.

Also, that start/stop way that I show helps me when I loose balance just to stabilize for a  while my head (the signals to the muscles are coming from there:) and go on again.

Now I'm mastering sharp backward turns (without wheel tilt) in that way: going backward-full stop-sharp turn in intended direction-continue backwards. Because of the limited space in my room I usually combine them with forward sharp turns which I learned already some three weeks ago.

A lot of practice is usually enough, but if you are frustrated with no progress (slow progress is OK), you may have to analyze the movements and the body control...and also asking for advice :)

Edited by DSeucist

18 minutes ago, DSeucist said:

Now I'm mastering sharp backward turns (without wheel tilt) in that way: going backward-full stop-sharp turn in intended direction-continue backwards. Because of the limited space in my room I usually combine them with forward sharp turns which I learned already some three weeks ago.

Lack some time to practice, but will sure take any opportunity I have to try and master the skills of backwards riding and idling.
Looking forward to a vid of more of your skills. ;)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tyred said:

Lack some time to practice, but will sure take any opportunity I have to try and master the skills of backwards riding and idling.
Looking forward to a vid of more of your skills. ;)

Yeah, I also don't have much time having full time job. Usually some 40 minutes on evening, for the weekends more.

For vids, I'm looking to order better camera, this one on smart phone is not good as an action camera and too narrow angled.

22 hours ago, Kells said:

Riding on lake with thin layer of snow for traction on LHOTZ IPS191.  Stock EUC, no wheel mods / studs / chains etc...  I bailed a few times this night, and i'm putting up a video of the falls :D

Cool Video.  I'm always too afraid to step onto frozen lakes, but I guess ours don't freeze as thick as yours do.  I just imagine the wheel breaking through and holding onto the edge of the ice.  Seen to many movies I suppose... :wacko:

17 hours ago, trya said:

We had a very nice beach ride... The next one will be apparently through the snow if we are not flooded by Jonas

I really admire you guys.  Looks like you have fun together.  Thanks for the videos.

1 hour ago, Luiz said:

Nice video on lake Natoma . Beautiful place. Have you used a 3 axis gimbal ?

No, that was holding my iPhone 6s Plus in my hand.  It comes out pretty good that way.  The phone has Optical Image Stabilization, and your body absorbs a lot of shock too.

I just received my replacement Action Camera (SJ5000x) yesterday AFTER I got home from these two rides, so am anxious to try it on the next ride as it also has Optical Image Stabilization.  Unfortunately, it's going to be quite wet for a few days.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Kells said:

@SuperSport Great video from an iPhone!  You got me thinking about returning my actioncam now!  Did you also use Youtube Shake Reduction?  It looks awesome.

No, that's straight from the phone.  It's actually cleaner before uploading to YouTube.  YouTube compresses it quite a bit, and their Shake Reduction REALLY Compresses it.  It's really blurry after YouTube Shake Reduction.

I considered only using the phone too, but at $800, I'm too afraid to drop the phone.  The Action Cam I just got was $150, so that would not kill me to lose, NOT that I want to lose it either.

Edited by SuperSport

3 hours ago, Kells said:

@Ecko This is with the Sony ActionCam... it records the GPS by default, and when you use their software it will overlay this as an option... I thought it was pretty cool to do that, but I may give Garmin Virb XE a shot as well. 

The Virb XE would be my next choice, and I'll likely start saving for it ($399 - OUCH!!!).  I really like having the Overlays, and the XE would just make it SO much easier.  Just so you know, you are able to use their Desktop Software to overlay your GPS data on your videos from other cameras as I've shown here:

Previous video using Virb Edit to Overlay.

(Using Runtastic to capture Data, Cheap Action Cam for Video, and Virb Edit to Overlay.  It's a free download.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

IPS Lhotz vs. generic 14" - Because of that snow You can't distinguish all the lumps and holes on surface, but there is a lot of packed snow under, app. 2 inch fresh light snow on top. Afterwards we traded wheels and she had now problems at all to handle Lhotz. IPS tire has actually almost 80mm bigger OD. It's really stable and now when only -5 Celsius outside, range is already around 15k, including a lot of accelerations and brakings, in run with the dog in leach about 8k too, imagine the sudden stops, pees, etc. :D

Edited by Jag_Rip
vid link + embed
  • Upvote 2