THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

7 hours ago, davek said:

After the first month of riding, this is a demonstration of my King Song while on a short trip around a reservoir.

Looks fun!  You are pretty close to me.  We should meet up for a ride sometime.  Maybe around Folsom Lake or so?

Also, be careful of the beeping and tilt back.  People are getting pretty broken when the wheel throws them, especially at those speeds.  You are doing well for a month...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, trya said:

have you tried a sand beach ride yet?

I was SOO tempted to try it because of your videos.  But no, I didn't try it.  I was staying in a hotel and didn't want to make too much mess in the bathroom washing it off afterwards.

I WISH I had tried it...

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Egbert said:

I like that sign in the beginning:  "Motor Vehicles prohobited"

This makes the difference to "good, old Germany"...

Yes, I think those signs are just suggestions.  hehe  Kind of like speed limit signs. ;)

Actually, I know I'm allowed on this trail, because there are Segway tours on this path each weekend.  The local Segway dealer is in the buildings near where I start this video.

Also, California just passed a law that allows us in the same paths as bicycles.

1 hour ago, Kells said:

@SuperSport That is one NICE Taco Bell!  

Yeah, never seen another like it. They even have an order window on the back deck so the surfers can order while still in their wetsuits. That way, the sand mostly stays outside. 

Not sure how they scored that spot. I bet they do really good business though. Stoners and surfers are both known for big appetites.  There are normally LOTS of both around there. ?

1 minute ago, Tyred said:

That video just makes me want to travel to wherever it's shot and ride that track. Love the view, the peaceful surroundings.

If you are ever in the US, let me know.  I'd love to ride that trail with you.

• Upvote 1

@Tyred - I got my first wheel (Airwheel X8) in late August. It took me about a month to get all the basic moves and some more advanced stuff (one-leg and backward riding). I think I spent around 30-60 min almost daily on the wheel at that time. Since then - it was more about riding than training and acquiring more skills - but I like to learn new stuff and to push the envelop, so I periodically spend some time training more advanced moves. There is one thing which I actually never tried yet - jumps, I kind of scared of jumping on the wheel :)
My (and my wife's) progress is actually quite well documented in the videos on my YouTube channel - check it out since Aug 30, 2015 , if you are curious :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikWindsurf/videos

• Upvote 3

@trya have You ever tried how Your wheel responses airborne? My generic reved up immediately and I always felt down it I jumped over curb too high. RW GR16 was just crazy, but my current wheel behaves so well I could even try some small jumps on mini MX track.

@THA- I tried a few small jumps on X8, but once it just turned off in the air (I think) on a slightly higher jump I attempted - and since then I abandoned these attempts. On IPS A130 - I will not even try, there are definitely not enough power in it. However I feel that my MCM2s will handle jumps well, so probably one day I'll get back to this on the Gotway :)

Yeah, Airwheels rev up as generic, so quick, and then cut off. Lhotz has obviously restricted acceleration loaded or not, so there is something like 2 seconds to get back to ground before it reaches it's max revs (which becomes from voltage, subracted by factors from resistance/number of pairs/armature current) which means that controller restricts to armature current max. gradient. So if Your speed is 50% of max. when airborne, You'll probably have something like 1s flight time and exceeding that ends up to cut off. But I think less power is safer, since near the limit there is quite a lot angular momentum to settle when landing.

• Upvote 2

On February 18, 2016 at 0:40 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Here is my video filmed in Portland Oregon during my first month riding an EUC. Friggin love it yo!! This is my original music (production, vocals guitars etc.) in the video as well. Lemme know what y'all think. Peace Fo'real - Sidestreet reny

P.S. Hey dude from Seattle holler at me if y'all come through Portland and anytime we come to Seattle for my band to play I will let ya know.

Great song!

• Upvote 2