THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Colestien said:

You people are doing great stuff lie that, and I'm just trying to figure an easy way to post simple videos. :blink:

The hardest part is the video editing which consumes a lot of time and effort to make it look and sound nice.

• Upvote 1

If the weather holds out, I'll be taking my NineBot and my DJI Phantom down to Rancho Seco to ride and fly around the Nuclear Power Plant.  Hoping to get some fun video to post tomorrow.  You can get really close to the towers.

Rancho_Seco_Nuclear_Generating_Station.t

• Upvote 3

Nice shots SuperSport, you turned back my sweet memories when I visited these places back in April 2014. At that time I haven't seen even one euclist.

After 100 years of 4 wheels vehicle dominance, are we about to see the real transport revolution this time...just wonder.

Good job of video&sound editing, I know it is time consuming work but when passion is present everything is possible and rewarding :)

• Upvote 1

Nice video Michael David de Gans

The typical for Netherlands bikers are not many on your route in that good weather, they probably wait month of May.

The father is still unstable...common, he can do it, I'm also father of 24 years son :)

By the way, does your web page have English option?

6 hours ago, SuperSport said:

If the weather holds out, I'll be taking my NineBot and my DJI Phantom down to Rancho Seco to ride and fly around the Nuclear Power Plant.  Hoping to get some fun video to post tomorrow.  You can get really close to the towers.

Wow...nuclear, are you sure the security over there would be happy to make close shots? Better be cautious.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DSeucist said:

Wow...nuclear, are you sure the security over there would be happy to make close shots? Better be cautious.

It's now 6am. I got up a while ago and have all my equipment charged and ready for today.  Will be leaving after sunrise.  This is an abandoned Nuclear Plant.  No, I believe I would be in prison if it were an active plant. ;)  I've ridden my motorcycles to this place a few times, and there is never anyone there.  You can walk right up close to it.  Well, a couple hundred feet away...

5 hours ago, Michael David de Gans said:

16 KM ride on King Song 14B Switchable 500W 174Wh and KS-14C's 800W 680Wh in the (that special day) not so rainy Netherlands!

That is AWESOME guys!  I just lost my father, so enjoy your time with him.  If my DAD was not 92 when I got into this, I would have had him on the wheel too.  He was never afraid of anything like this, and always supported us 5 boys doing anything we enjoyed.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

@Michael Vu  What camera and Gimbal are you using?  The video came out very smooth, level, etc.  I'm still trying to figure out what to use.  I've tried two SJCam M10's, but both have had issues.

It is a Sony Action Cam FDR-x1000v with a feiyu tech gimbal. This is what my rig looks like.

6UcxsUCjvWAK2-8CQ1wBqQ8UfpL_cjF6pNX_N6qT

On 1/10/2016 at 3:04 PM, SuperSport said:

It's now 6am. I got up a while ago and have all my equipment charged and ready for today.  Will be leaving after sunrise.  This is an abandoned Nuclear Plant.  No, I believe I would be in prison if it were an active plant. ;)  I've ridden my motorcycles to this place a few times, and there is never anyone there.  You can walk right up close to it.  Well, a couple hundred feet away...

That is AWESOME guys!  I just lost my father, so enjoy your time with him.  If my DAD was not 92 when I got into this, I would have had him on the wheel too.  He was never afraid of anything like this, and always supported us 5 boys doing anything we enjoyed.

That would have been THE BOMB, a 92 year old on a unicycle.. I'm sorry about your loss, as I read it your dad sounds like he was a lot of fun to have around! I'm sure he's smiling somewhere when his sons are unicycling together!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Michael David de Gans.  I'm sure he's watching and enjoying the smiles the Unicycle gives me.

An update on the Nuclear Power Plant Ride.  It was scrubbed due to them closing the area to the public.  Looks like they are doing something to the plant finally.  It was built and run from 1975 to 1978 when it had a Major Malfunction and was shut down.  The site was closed by popular vote in 1989 due to fears of a Total Meltdown.  It has been vacant since.

This is a REALLY boring video, but it's the replacement ride for Rancho Seco.  It does show us pulling up and then turning around because it's closed to public.   I didn't want to abandon all riding after all this, so I found a road far away from most people.  I was going to video this ride from the Car Dash Cam, from the Wheel, and also from the Sky with my DJI Phantom Drone, but the Drone's Video Camera will not come online.  I'm really bummed. :(  Wanted to try flying while riding.  I've seen others do it and it looks cool.  Anyways, here's a small bridge and a group of Bird Watchers.  DOH!

• Upvote 1

I didnt dare riding, flying and filming at the same time with my drone yet... OTOH the phantom should get a "follow me" feature with one of the last firmware updates? But I havent found it on a whim and havent taken out my drone for over a month due to friggen cold weather and wind all the time.

I like the sky on your video, blue with lots of clouds, looks great! Also the ninebotting obviously ;)

14 minutes ago, Jag_Rip said:

I didnt dare riding, flying and filming at the same time with my drone yet... OTOH the phantom should get a "follow me" feature with one of the last firmware updates? But I havent found it on a whim and havent taken out my drone for over a month due to friggen cold weather and wind all the time.

I like the sky on your video, blue with lots of clouds, looks great! Also the ninebotting obviously ;)

Thanks.  Yeah, I haven't flown mine since Moon Rocks last year.

Then, when I take it out of the case this last time, it will not activate the camera.  I've read online that it might be the WiFi Extender that died after being stored for over a month.  Bummer, as it's $190 for a new one!

I believe I'm "Ready" to try flying while riding, so I'm sad it did not work out.  It would stink to crash and drop the Radio Controller while doing this though.  An expensive wheel rolling away, and a Drone Flying away...  :o

There are a couple Apps that give the Phantom 'Follow Me', but I have not tried them yet.

Here is the Video that got me Excited to want to try this.  This guy is an Awesome Pilot, and rider.  It's VERY Impressive flying...  If you watch his thumbs, you can see he's actually flying it backwards, which as all pilots know is the challenging part because all the controls are backwards.  And through the trees, etc, it's quite impressive!

• Upvote 3