THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

44 minutes ago, dpong said:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it and all who don't.   This video is a POV video of the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC decorated for Christmas.  Riding a Ninebot One E+ and filming with a Sony Action Cam HDR-AS30V mounted to helmet.  

Merry Christmas to you GeePonder, been following your progress from the start when you begun your first euc ride, you've inspired and convinced me, that this thing is actually rideable, lol, I'm still getting there slowly.

• Upvote 1

Very short POV video of me falling off the Ninebot One E+ on Christmas day, 2015.  I seem to only fall on holidays as the last time was US Independence day on the 4th of July, 2015.  

I analyzed what went wrong later and realized I rode up onto a stick parallel to the stick as if I were trying to ride the stick from end to end.  Once on the stick, it rolled taking my wheel off-center from my balance.  I sustained only superficial abrasions and small bruises.  No big deal, so luck was with me, except for the part about the stick. B)

Edited by dpong
  • Upvote 2

On 12/22/2015 at 3:16 PM, vee73 said:

I published just now in my latest video. Contrary to all beliefs, time constant, more or less sideslip.
Yes it is possible.

https://www.facebook.com/EUCExtreme/?ref=hl

Victory! Thank you, vee, for sacrificing your body for the pure excitement of our sport!

4 hours ago, dpong said:

Very short POV video of me falling off the Ninebot One E+ on Christmas day, 2015.  I seem to only fall on holidays as the last time was US Independence day on the 4th of July, 2015.  

I analyzed what went wrong later and realized I rode up onto a stick parallel to the stick as if I were trying to ride the stick from end to end.  Once on the stick, it rolled taking my wheel off-center from my balance.  I sustained only superficial abrasions and small bruises.  No big deal, so luck was with me, except for the part about the stick. B)

Sick! Happy you could walk away. All the handicap icons seem a foreboding omen in retrospect. Hope the rest of Christmas was Merry!

• Upvote 3

Oh no! No wrist pads? Why do you follow my footsteps? Merry Christmas! :lol:

Edited by SlowMo

7 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Oh no! No wrist pads? Why do you follow my footsteps? Merry Christmas! :lol:

Ha!  My favorite part is where the helmet falls off with camera attached so that it may continue to film me.  :blink:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dpong said:

Ha!  My favorite part is where the helmet falls off with camera attached so that it may continue to film me.  :blink:

Yeah, I was wondering about that shot.  Maybe a better neck strap is needed?  Hate to have you bonk your head...

• Upvote 1

I call this video: Dark Springwood Park. 

Springwood Park is a lovely little park, but here I re-imagine it in a darker mood.   Experience it first.  Figure it out later. 

Edited by dpong
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, dpong said:

I call this video: Dark Springwood Park. 

Springwood Park is a lovely little park, but here I re-imagine it in a darker mood.   Experience it first.  Figure it out later. 

Feels so surreal. It's like a scene from the Walking Dead. Don't get me wrong, the park is beautiful. Its just that there's no one around and the reverse movement made it more gloomy . At what time did you take this video?

P.S. Did you do the reverse camera trick like in this video at 3:30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2WEHySrq4

Edited by SlowMo
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Feels so surreal. It's like a scene from the Walking Dead. Don't get me wrong, the park is beautiful. Its just that there's no one around and the reverse movement made it more gloomy . At what time did you take this video?

P.S. Did you do the reverse camera trick like in this video at 3:30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2WEHySrq4

Yes, SlowMo.  My video just screams BUT WHERE ARE ALL THE CHILDREN!!???  Doesn't it?   I recorded this yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at about 1 or 2 o'clock.  It was overcast and threatening to rain all afternoon which kept people away.  This park is extremely beautiful in the Spring and Summer with all of the landscaping, flowers, etc.  It is a little bleak looking in winter. 

Oh, before I go on:  "the reverse camera trick like in this video at 3:30"!!!  What a hoot!  It literally did make me laugh out loud.  I was buying it right up until..  you know.  Too funny!

How I filmed it was this.  I didn't do the kind of reverse camera trick that they used, though I did reverse my camera.  POV videos are mostly boring to me unless something interesting happens and it rarely does.   So for the heck of it, I put the camera on my helmet pointing backwards.  Just to see what that would be like.  When I was watching the video I was remarking to myself how disorienting it is to see it like that.  I know that park like the back of my hand, and even I was getting lost.  The trees seem to kind of close in on you.  We have probably all seen this kind of shot used in movies.  It was so spooky.  So all I did was add appropriate music, and voila.  I didn't treat the footage in any other way.  It turned out plain spooky.  Boo!

Edited by dpong
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dpong said:

I didn't treat the footage in any other way.

I also thought it was playing in reverse, until I saw the cars in the background.  But I had to rewind a few times to be sure I was seeing it right.  Good job on the video.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2015 at 10:02 PM, dpong said:

Seriously?  Our sport?  Dude, vee73 invented his own sport and "our sport" has nothing to do with it.  No offense but I'm just saying.   

At least, speaking for myself, I do not include myself in the sport that vee73 has single-handedly invented.   He is great, and risks it all, while I just tool around on my bot. 

I appreciate what vee73 does, but I do not in any way think that what I'm doing and what he is doing are similar.  Vee is really inventing a new sport from scratch.  Me, I'm just cruising.  Watch what I say and judge it against history.  I predict that vee has started something new, something never seen before, that will continue. 

[And no offense intended simply because I get excited from time to time.  Eh, peace bro.]

Haha: no offense taken! You caught me trying to ride vee's coattails and bask in his glory!

On 12/26/2015 at 2:20 AM, Max said:

Hi there,

hope all of you had and still have some nice christmas days.

Wormest Christmas since they remember... I enjoyed it

Christmas ride supersunny Gotway

Nice ride! Can't help but wonder if a nice Gewurztraminer is growing in the background there... Yum!

• Upvote 2

it's just like after a nuklear strike and everybody had to leave quick... 

@SlowMo haha what a nice reverse ride video, also the dog is going backwards ... he had to train the dog a lot, good job mr. dog whisperer.

@Villac haha of corse we have Gewürztraminer. But I use to have some rieslingschorle while our tours, it rides so much better, you get the flow ... know what I mean ?

I allready wondered why nobody opens a thread about drunk driving :)

• Upvote 2

So it was nice and sunny today in Manchester and I got to go out for some fresh air this afternoon - time to 'try out' my new selfie stick (gotta love Christmas!) :P

This bit of road is closed off from the traffic by large concrete bollards - perfect for riding around without any hastle :D I must've driven past the end of it a hundred times but never realised it was there!

Nothing exciting here, just 'zooming' around hitting the limit of the E+ on several occasions - major tiltback on the pedals :), but no drama.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, DangerousDick said:

So it was nice and sunny today in Manchester and I got to go out for some fresh air this afternoon - time to 'try out' my new selfie stick (gotta love Christmas!) :P

This bit of road is closed off from the traffic by large concrete bollards - perfect for riding around without any hastle :D I must've driven past the end of it a hundred times but never realised it was there!

Nothing exciting here, just 'zooming' around hitting the limit of the E+ on several occasions - major tiltback on the pedals :), but no drama.

Nice shots,,,but did it happen on 30 Jan 2015 as the camera readings?

And what about the temperature, I can hear the wind....and still no hat, gloves..WOW..brrrrr :)

• Upvote 1