THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

15 hours ago, DSeucist said:

Nice shots,,,but did it happen on 30 Jan 2015 as the camera readings?

And what about the temperature, I can hear the wind....and still no hat, gloves..WOW..brrrrr :)

Sorry, must have had a flat battery sometime in the last couple of months!  Yesterday afternoon - time was correct (more or less?) - Wednesday 29th December 2015 :)

Temp over here is unusually high lately - it's up to 15 today!  Cold when the sun isn't shining though ;) just making the most of it while I can.

I would have had gloves and hat if I was further away from a warm office just around the corner.  Can manage around twenty minutes or so before it starts to hurt :P

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

How dirty was the wheel afterwards with sand?

It wasn't dirty at all. Some sand on the pedals can be easily brushed off. The sand doesn't stick to the tire, so there was no sand inside the shell.

1 hour ago, Vanquiz said:

Found this video on YouTube, Istanbul PD is using EUC for transportation. 

Isn't it great, instead of banning them, use them. 

But, if it's like here in the US, they will ban them, and THEN use them themselves...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Villac said:

Here is a muddy trail ride with my pal:

Two highlights for me.  The water break (was a nice touch to keep in the film), and the sign that tells you where you can find bears (because everyone knows it's fun going to find bears :blink:).

• Upvote 1

@Vanquiz : loved seeing that police use of EU. Noticed one was using 2-wheel design, thought it was probably a good idea as officer might need to use arms for tasks other than balance: signal, whistle, bang on the side of a van driving down a pedestrian filled street :) . There's another video from England showing postal delivery, and they use 2-wheel EU. It might be the best design to use when doing a job. From a personal agenda, I did wish the police would use helmets, like bicycle police use in New York, if only for an example for children. Bottom line, it is good to see policemen as role models putting a stamp of legitimacy on EUs.

@viti : Thanks! I wear goggles as eye protection because the trail has lots of branches that cross at eye height. Basically I wear them because I am compulsive about protective gear!

@SuperSport : Thanks! The bears in central PA truly want to keep to themselves. I had one track me from about 50 yards for a quarter of a mile once, but besides speeding up slightly and taking inventory of what snacks I could throw down behind me, he didn't disturb me too much. (and it was laundry day anyway).

49 minutes ago, vee73 said:

Today, after approximately 4 hours EUC Extreme to send live video through the Periscope application.

(now at approximately 12:00 Finnish time). The place Rollohalli Rovaniemi, just near the Arctic Circle.

I once spent a week at Rovaniemi, a mystical place.....till  haf a dozen fighter jet planes come soaring over to pratice protecting Finnish airspace against a Russian invasion, it was a surreal experience, really :D

• Upvote 1

@SuperSport Thank you, mannn, I wish we got some people in Philly or around for a meetup like this.

EDIT : Tried to finish my dinner asap, then ran upstairs to start watching the video. Awesome, enjoyed every moment of it, not a single second skipped, feels like I was in the journey, haha. You guys are brave, I'm not sure I'm ready to go on the road like that anytime soon, with cars passing by, people everywhere, phewww.

Too bad the bots can't make it to the end, that makes me think, maybe if I ever go to this kind of meet up rides, might need to get an extra battery ... Or maybe a second euc, MCM4 maybe, lol, wifey gonna kill me.

Again, @SuperSport thank you for the awesome vid.

Edited by Vanquiz
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

...feels like I was in the journey, haha. You guys are brave, I'm not sure I'm ready to go on the road like that anytime soon, with cars passing by, people everywhere, phewww.

Yeah, I normally watch people's videos all the way through too.  I also feel like I'm on the journey.  I also love to watch flying videos as that's another passion.

Don't enter into traffic until you are very comfortable.  Also, be sure you have practiced Emergency Stops a LOT.  That's the second thing I practiced, and it should have been the first.

15 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

Too bad the bots can't make it to the end, that makes me think, maybe if I ever go to this kind of meet up rides, might need to get an extra battery 

We stopped for about an hour's charge.  I was able to ride back to the car ok after it leaned back, but it was at 4mph.  Any faster and it would lean WAY Back.  I think it would have kept going for a bit, but I didn't want to strain the battery any more than I had already.

The GotWays Kept going for another few miles, (I'm guessing).  I didn't ask where all they went after I peeled off.  One of the GotWays has a 35 Mile range.  Now that would be nice.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1