so I've done it lately: Bought myself a new wheel
(via aliexpress): a new KingSong KS18A (Y+) the latest version with the fan. (1200 W, 1360 Wh Battery, Firmware V 1,25, App-Version Android 1.4)
I have it for about a week now and have ridden my first about 25 Km with it.
As there was only a chinese version booklet in the package and the available Info at the KingSong Website does not help I have a few questions
that I hope the forum members can help and give there comments.
1) In the offer the seat was NOT included. - Is it due to the new 'fan version' that a seat does not fit or is a seat still possible?
2) In older KS18 Versions there has been the option, that the light mode could be switched not only by the App, but also through the on/off Switch.
Does this still work? (and how?)
3) In older KS18 versions there has been the option that the wheel could be used as a 'flashlight' when switched off via a button on the wheel.
This is no longer possible with the newest version (KS18Y+ - fan version) right?
4) Only from the sense of the tyre I suspect the 'front' of the wheel is the side with the LED-bar battery indicator and the back side is the side with the USB-port and the on/off switch, right?
If this is right, that would mean, that the slots of the fan on the upper side of the wheel look into the moving direction. - Into my mind comes: water will be pressed right into the slots when driving in rain? Ugh
5) On the App/wheel? of my wheel the total mileage count does not seem to work properly: It now shows 4 Km but I'm quite sure I did already much more than 10 Km probably 20 to 25 Km. Any ideas?
Thank's for your thoughts/input.
Although the KS18A is not a new wheel now I want to give you a short 'first impression' from my first week - especially in comparison to my beginner wheel IPS Zero (240 Wh).
I thought for a while which wheel to buy as a second wheel as my beginner wheel the IPS Zero has it's limits as a 14" wheel with it's small battery.
Do understand me right: The zero is a good wheel. Perfect for city, short commutes and as a 'last mile wheel' you have with you in the bus or underground. (only 10 KG)
But more than once I found myself looking for a possibility to charge the wheel during a ride.
So I wanted another wheel with a BIG BATTERY
I also think that the zero with nominal 800 W motor has practically to less battery reserve when going up/downhill. Especially as I'm on the more heavier side (about 100 KG). So I wanted also a higher wattage.
The 'golden mean' would have been probably a 16" wheel with a big battery. - I had an eye on the KS16S. (Gotway ACM also, but reports on the forum have not been so good in the last few weeks.) - Now Rockwheel GT-16 gets good reports also but was brand new, when I decided to buy.
What was the final reason to get the KS18 instead of the KS16S was: The price. For nearly the price of a KS16S or ACM with 840 Wh I would get a KS18 with a battery of 1360 Wh!
So I bought the KS18.
This wheel is tall! You have to get accustomed to it when coming from smaller wheels ...
As I plan to go on longer trips away from cities a big 18" wheel will fit this purpose well.
The weight of 23 KG is a lot. (I hope not to be forced to carry the wheel much EVER) but strong motor and battery have it's weight.
First impression: My expectations are satisfied - I have a powerful wheel with a big battery now. ... Ready for further trips.