THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 2/18/2016 at 0:40 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Here is my video filmed in Portland Oregon during my first month riding an EUC. Friggin love it yo!! This is my original music (production, vocals guitars etc.) in the video as well. Lemme know what y'all think. Peace Fo'real - Sidestreet reny

P.S. Hey dude from Seattle holler at me if y'all come through Portland and anytime we come to Seattle for my band to play I will let ya know.

Hey there @Sidestreet Reny - Awesome video and skills! I don't know if you were talking to me or not since there are a few Seattle fellas on here, but I will let you know next time I am down. I took my wheel down there in ~August and had a great time riding around downtown - you guys have a great sidewalk system for riding because of the way the intersections are generously ramped down for wheelchair access and such. It's very EUC-friendly. :)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, davek said:

Took a ride down to the river on my unicycle today.

The whole time I'm watching this, I'm thinking "That's in my Back Yard!".  Then I noticed the description in YouTube, and it is...  Hey Neighbor!  Nice Ride.

33 minutes ago, Philfree said:

Last vidéo from Hirsute : the game of the day was riding with hands in the pockets...

Perhaps it will be fingers in the nose for the next one :D

Those are snake feet! I want one! :lol:

Just now, SuperSport said:

Not boring at all.  Where is this?

It's in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. :)

53 minutes ago, Philfree said:

the game of the day was riding with hands in the pockets...

Well, there must be someone to show us new riding horizons... :)

23 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Here's another boring video

Not boring, I'd say easy and peaceful.

Sooo much pedestrian space for riding....

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

Now you know why I ride that slow! :lol:

I know now ;)

What to say.... just BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

Do not go faster than 10kph!  I know i wouldn't in a place like that! 

Safe ride for you and your family. 

• Upvote 1

I got a   Garmin VIRB XE video camera a couple days a go, and I'm testing it out for the first time. I'll be checkingout the various modes and the VIRB editing software, and I can give my thoughts on its performance later, if anyone wants. So far, so good, though. The integrated GPS and the ease of adding speed and location data is what makes this thing so cool.

I should have put the camera into low light mode, though, since the sun was abut to set. Anyway, for your enjoyment at about double speed, last night's ride around the neighborhood.

(It's also on sale now on Amazon, and Garmin stuff almost NEVER goes on sale.)

Edited by dbfrese
Added link to Amazon
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

using their camera is probably 10x easier.

Absolutely -- when importing into the VIRB editing software, both video and GPS (and other data you record on the VIRB like pulse, temperature, etc from other bluetooth sensors) data are aotomagically imported as well. Just select the template that includes what you want on screen and "boom"! it's done.

Just now, dbfrese said:

Absolutely -- when importing into the VIRB editing software, both video and GPS (and other data you record on the VIRB like pulse, temperature, etc from other bluetooth sensors) data are aotomagically imported as well. Just select the template that includes what you want on screen and "boom"! it's done.

Yeah, there are more steps when I use my own hardware.  Including converting the video to a different format that VIRB will use.  That's why I don't do a lot of it.  It takes a lot of time.

@SuperSport, Have you used the VIRB software to both speed up and slow down the video? I tried to add markers for different playback speeds, including slow-mo but it turned out it was all double speed. How do you get it to vary playback speeds within one video. Do they have to be separated into different clips?

5 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

@SuperSport, Have you used the VIRB software to both speed up and slow down the video? I tried to add markers for different playback speeds, including slow-mo but it turned out it was all double speed. How do you get it to vary playback speeds within one video. Do they have to be separated into different clips?

I have not done that in VIRB.  I do a complete video in VIRB, then do the different speeds in different software after the overlays are included.  I use Camtasia Studio to cut the video and speed up the parts I want.