Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Dedicated
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. @UnbalancedMathematician Awww man, sorry to hear about incidents like these, hoping you heal up quickly. I agree with @Funky, not remembering how you fell is suspect. Did the hospital take any brain scans for signs of a concussion? (or did any of the nurses/doctors note signs of a concussion when you were admitted?) Remember, helmets do not guarantee not getting a concussion with the right amount of force trauma to the head, there is no such thing as 100% decoupling of such force, and the human brain was absolutely not meant to take blows. (I was alongside a fellow local rider friend who was concussed despite wearing a helmet, from random cutout) That said, I don't think there's any way to get clarity whether you had a random cutout, had a run-in with a vehicle etc, if there is no first-hand recollection or eyewitness report. Do you ride with pads and/or spiked pedals that lock you in? Being able to dismount from your wheel quickly for such events is pretty damn important IMHO (similar concept in skiing), and those wheel additions tend to prevent or hinder you from doing so, which can result in awkward landings that prevent you from using your legs and feet as natural springs (ie. not landing on the heels which will transmit the force up your leg bones, instead of your front balls of the feet which coupled with the ankles and surrounding muscles, acts as a shock absorber)
  2. argh, this is the much earlier/older 2016 M50 Datasheet, not M50T (see the date year is 2016 on the PDF header), EUC wasn't even remotely wide scale using 21700 back in 2016, and the battery manufacturers usually release revisions every 1-2 years for the same model cell. Ugh, so confusing with all these yearly revisions but same/similar cell model names, so let's put this debate to rest with actual facts here (not directed specifically at you here @Pingouin, just this argument gets frustrating without hard fact comparison): 2016 LG INR21700 M50 (https://www.dnkpower.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/LG-INR21700-M50-Datasheet.pdf) Max Discharge Current: 5-45ºC: 1.5C(7,275mA) (page 4) 45-60ºC: 1.5C(7,275mA) (page 4) 2018 LG INR21700 M50T (http://queenbattery.com.cn/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=111) Max Discharge Current: 10-25ºC: 3.0C(14,550mA) (page 7) 25-55ºC: 1.5C(7,275mA) (page 7) 2020 LG INR21700 M50LT (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0481/9678/0183/files/2020-21700_M50LT_datasheet.pdf?v=1650029106) Max Discharge Current: 10-25ºC: 3.0C (14,400mA) (page 5) 25-55ºC: 1.5C (7,200mA) (page 5) 2021 LG INR21700 M50LT (https://f.hubspotusercontent10.net/hubfs/6584819/Cell Spec Sheets/LG/Lithium Ion LG INR 21700 M50LT 2021-LSD-MBD-b00002_21700_M50LT_PS_Promotion_V1.pdf) Max Discharge Current: 10-25ºC: 3.0C (14,400mA) (page 5) 25-55ºC: 1.5C (7,200mA) (page 5) Also, to add to the confusion, EUC distributors, from what I remember last research, are all over the place referencing which exact cell is being used, the circa 2016 LG M50, circa 2018 M50T, or more recent M50LT. I'm not even confident they themselves indeed know which exact cell was used in these fire incident wheels now, and what with the demand for batteries, I highly doubt an 2018-2019 produced Gotway wheel is utilizing some kind of ancient storage of the 2 year old 2016 LG M50 cell, as that would have been all used up on 2016 PEVs (I also remember stuff like the Z10 couldn't even source proper 3.5Ah cells, having to resort to like ~3.2Ah max, due to battery shortage somewhere around this time). All that aside.... Unless there is some magical vastly improved 2022 LG M50LT cell whose data sheet I couldn't find, I don't see any vast difference between M50T vs M50LT, unless someone can dig that magic 2022 cell revision data sheet out, or can produce someone's battery review testing that contradicts the Mooch 2022 M50LT testing report which clearly aligns with the various M50T & M50LT spec sheets stating max discharge dramatically reduces in half the farther you get above 25ºC. And I am not inclined to, again, believe that, what with all the supply shock demand of lithium batteries that still exists even today, that these circa 2018+ manufacture fire incident wheels were using 2-year old circa 2016 LG M50 cells, unless someone can prove that as well, backed up with actual proof.
  3. not sure, I was just re-posting, but the overall theme seems to be this cell was never meant to be put under such amp load & vibrational stress as a PEV application, even though the cell is highly regarded by most reputable battery authorities, but more for it's more applicable usages, say, in a stationary hundreds-of-cell low amp powerwall, etc.
  4. Segway was bought a ways back by Ninebot in China, which is a XiaoMi-backed company, largely because they were being sued by Segway for self-balancing. And they are not the only ones holding a patent on self-balancing one wheel IP, which was a large drawn out years of dueling lawsuits vs Shane Chen / Inventist.
  5. The US chip ban on China is for advanced semiconductor, stuff like the most advanced 3nm chips currently only made by TSMC & Samsung (thus mainland CN needs to import these), so that's the most small and powerful stuff used in like current cell phone tech and military applications (remember, the majority of daily electronic devices do not use the most advanced chips, far from it), and I highly doubt our EUCs are using anywhere near close to 3nm, as my EE friend once told me that our EUCs are largely using cheaper and older tech components. Also note, CN mainland can already manufacture older chip tech like 14nm.
  6. Thanks, but while I can appreciate all of this, OP was asking specifically peak with the specific configuration of the stock MTen4: ... and I don't like to do the old Uncle thing of answering with an answer to a different question, so was only talking within OP's original constraints of "peak".
  7. But the battery is the source of the power in the chain, no? So shouldn't the battery peak rating be the max potential of what the controller and motor can receive in said configuration? Even if they can accept more, or on the flip side, if they cannot and have to throttle or cut off.
  8. It's simple math, no(?) 50E spec sheet says "Maximum pulse discharge current: 14700mA", so 14.7 Amps * 2 parallel packs * 84V = 2470 Watts peak (someone correct me if I am wrong here thx).
  9. Seems like the common goto method for these solid tires is to soak them in hot water for 5-15 minutes, then apply the typical methods like soap over all the contacts plus levering via tire irons. But yeah, that looks like a huge PITA.
  10. Exactly what I suspected, thanks for the input. All the online YouTube vids trying to make like this wheel is the next coming of Baby EUC Jesus, that's all just hype to sell wheels. The main thing is, it's still a 2P 84V wheel, so back in those 84V days, all those wheels you could still over-aggressively overpower the wheel regardless of wheel diameter/size. It's only when we got to the 100V days, esp over 6P, where we started seeing you can go ham on the accel, do aggressive leans that we could never think of doing in the earlier EUC days of lower voltage 2P wheels, sub 1K nom motors.
  11. The MTen3 first came out with no kill switch, but it was always live on the board on one of the 2-pins, probably gonna be the same way on the MTen4. So if you're handy, or know someone who is, you can easily wire any 2-way switch into your MTen4 and gain that function, which is basically what they did on the later MTen3's.
  12. I just go my Junior PMT in, it's pretty meaty / dense compared to CN tires, just like how a Michelin etc feels, like it's the tiny R6.5 version they don't make *smh (BTW high recommend on wyrdrds, they sent this thing stupid fast almost next day, and made sure I wasn't scooter buyer wanting a pair LOL) Typical CN tires (albeit all models are slightly different) tend to be lightweight and more plastic-y feeling, not a very hug-the-road feel, and this matters because that means it's not generating enough grip on the pavement to make the maximum leverage to push off with. I think the CN tires being Bias and not Radial has an effect on this(?) Albeit, I have felt 2 CN tires, one older 14" Chao Yang that I did a swap on my old V5F+ with, and the 16" Kenda(?) that came stock on the V10F. Those tires felt much denser and more planted, if that makes sense (lesser the 16" Kenda). Dunno the model numbers, and back then I didn't know about the whole Bias vs Radial implications.
  13. I think this might be more due to inflation and/or supply shock, in the current macro economic environment. I'm sure as a manufacturer or distributor, the MTen series sells more units when it's under the $1k USD threshold.