On the News Today - US to Ban Certain Chinese Electronics

gon2fast

The national news was on the background earlier tonight and I heard that the US is preparing to ban certain electronics from China. Cell phones were specifically called out, but I wonder how far it will go, as in I hope it does not affect EUCs.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:16 AM, gon2fast said:

The national news was on the background earlier tonight and I heard that the US is preparing to ban certain electronics from China. Cell phones were specifically called out, but I wonder how far it will go, as in I hope it does not affect EUCs.

The US chip ban on China is for advanced semiconductor, stuff like the most advanced 3nm chips currently only made by TSMC & Samsung (thus mainland CN needs to import these), so that's the most small and powerful stuff used in like current cell phone tech and military applications (remember, the majority of daily electronic devices do not use the most advanced chips, far from it), and I highly doubt our EUCs are using anywhere near close to 3nm, as my EE friend once told me that our EUCs are largely using cheaper and older tech components. Also note, CN mainland can already manufacture older chip tech like 14nm.

22 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

@MetricUSASegway... But I don't think they make Ninebots anymore.

Which is a shame because they are the company that holds the patent on EUC.

Segway was bought a ways back by Ninebot in China, which is a XiaoMi-backed company, largely because they were being sued by Segway for self-balancing. And they are not the only ones holding a patent on self-balancing one wheel IP, which was a large drawn out years of dueling lawsuits vs Shane Chen / Inventist.

• Like 1