On 04/02/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rehab1 said:

Once my friends at NASA have completed forensic work and stitched together some of their classified Beijing satellite imagery we just might have an aerial shot of you riding around.  ;) Given @Hunka Hunka Burning Love‘s resources he might have actual footage through a downlink from his personal satellite  HHBL 1.

That must be the reason why Beijing is still referred to as the forbidden city among drone pilots. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

:lol: I’m acting like the Z10 was never announced until April rolls around and @Jason McNeil / ewheels.com throws up their pre-order page for May delivery! *fingers crossed no production delays* *fingers crossed on the longer demo unit foot-shaped pedals*

April might just be perfect.

• Like 2

I located my back line phone to Ninebot USA and had a nice conversation with a representative on the availability of the Z6, Z8 and Z10. According to him it will not be available in the US until mid May. The UL certification process is taking time and is very expensive. The Z series wheels will be available in other countries but will not be able for import to the USA because of the UL certification. He has no idea how many units will be allotted for the US in May. Those that have submitted online requests for the units will be served in chronological order with emails going out to interested parties in spurts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why do they insist on this stupid certification to the detriment of availability and the very hardware design itself????:facepalm:

There are rejections of bulk orders from china that the distributors don't necessarily make aware to customers.

I gather this is a way to safeguard full rejection of shipments from happening, not to mention being able to list in stores with strict requirements like Amazon.

Just a bit of guess tho....

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why do they insist on this stupid certification to the detriment of availability and the very hardware design itself????:facepalm:

with proper certification, we, riders at least get some kind of protection, right? I'm not even sure can products with battery be imported to US without UL. Can someone help with this question? Is UL mandatory for products with Li-ion battery importing to US?

6 hours ago, cloudust said:

with proper certification, we, riders at least get some kind of protection, right?

Let's hope so!

6 hours ago, cloudust said:

I'm not even sure can products with battery be imported to US without UL. Can someone help with this question? Is UL mandatory for products with Li-ion battery importing to US?

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If it were mandatory, you wouldn't be able to buy any other imported wheels there?

Pretty sure all of the AliExpress / Chinese EUC co / distributor wheels crossing the US border are not being claimed correctly as lithium-powered devices, hence the, at times, quick turnaround....

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

They are trying to set a market safety tread in the US with the UL certification just like the hoverboards. Just think how many online stores like Amazon will be carrying these wheels. 

Yes, the stink and stigma of "hoverboards" catching on fire still remains. There is still a lot of work to be done to rehabilitate the image of anything remotely resembling a "hoverboard"

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I forgot to mention the US price tag will be around $1500. A very competitive price. This will be my new replacement wheel. I can easily wait until May. 

:clap3::clap3::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, the stink and stigma of "hoverboards" catching on fire still remains. There is still a lot of work to be done to rehabilitate the image of anything remotely resembling a "hoverboard"

I myself would rather have the UL certified version just for resale purposes. I have never sold a wheel but just in case.;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Good news everybody... We've received the original Ninebot Z Video posted on our www.youtube.com/WheelingAround channel, available for the  first time in glorious HD! :D

:cheers: :laughbounce2::roflmao:   :clap3: I cannot display enough emotion about how I feel right now watching that video. Hopefully May holds true for the US release date,

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1