13 hours ago, awol166 said:

hi guys,

yesterday i went on a 50km ride and when riding around 25kmh the wheel started shaking and i had to slow down to stabilize the wheel. i didn't fall or anything but i felt uncomfortable und unsafe riding like that. anyone experienced similar situations? i initially thought that calibration may not be alright or that the wheel itself had some damage. but since it hasn't behaved like that before it may could be also related to my riding technique. i am a little concerned though ?

Chances are it is your riding technique. After such a long ride your muscles stiffen and loose fine control. You shift one leg to a different more comfortable position and things like this happen. Last week I tried for over an hour to produce such wobbles and instabil riding conditions on purpose over and over again and then try to get out of such awful shakes. I am not yet there to present any results, but the idea is, when you learn how to contiously produce such situations you also know at the same time how to avoid them and get out of them if they happen due to external causes. At least that’s my theory! I follow up, if I get some reasonable results. Learning to ride on one leg and backwards and using the pressure and position of the tip of the other leg for fine control helps to better tame this beast. It will come with time. You will soon trust the Z completely, you will Z. ? 

PS: playing some dance music over the internal speakers of the Z and start dancing will help to relax while riding long distances.

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 7:18 AM, RoberAce said:

second day riding. Angelo cans ride trough pedestrian without troubles. The boy advance so quickly. it is wonderful that our kids can ride a huge a heavy machine like that

My son weigh 29 kg, and the Z10 weigh 25 kg... He can weave through pedestrian on the sidewalk or in the park, but the wheel simply weigh too much for a child to control at higher speed or perform emergency actions. So, I would suggest only let him play with it occasionally, but thats only my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lukasz said:

BIG time update! Thanks to developer Palachzzz we have support for Ninebot ONE Z in WhelLog now! Development was made by Palachzzz without the direct access to Z model, I took the small part in the development as tester as the logs provider. This is great unicycle software which offers very clean interface, a lot of trip data and Pebble watch support! I also mention two more safety features - bell and rear view mirror....

Wow, this is amazing. And just in time now that my Z10 is almost here. Where do we send the check :thumbup:

Nice video :cheers:

Those of you who have put on the soft paddings that came with the Z10, could you make them stick? I put them on yesterday on what I think was a clean surface put they are already coming off. Can anyone recommend a good way to attach them so that they stay on. I am not sure I would like to use glue, but maybe there is some heavy duty two-sided tape - this certainly wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Those of you who have put on the soft paddings that came with the Z10, could you make them stick? I put them on yesterday on what I think was a clean surface put they are already coming off. Can anyone recommend a good way to attach them so that they stay on. I am not sure I would like to use glue, but maybe there is some heavy duty two-sided tape - this certainly wasn't.

not sure what they sell where you are at but I use 3M spray adhesive for most stuff including velcro strips, etc... works great... on my Ks wheels, I have removed the tape they used as tape on pads does not remove evenly and just use this spray... works Great...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

I keep seeing this recommended for attaching items (including pads) to EUCs. It's pricey stuff, but apparently sticks to anything and is very effective.

3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener TB4575 Low Profile Black

51q78Sub96L.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Thanks, seems they even ship to Finland from the US Amazon.

I thought/assumed that Amazon has a local presence in just about every country now. Not Finland? :(

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I thought/assumed that Amazon has a local presence in just about every country now. Not Finland? :(

They are planning to go Nordic (not sure where) according to what I read in the papers. Currently, the closest is Germany or the UK, but the latter has greater VAT, so I usually order from Germany.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Amazon have a Us,Uk,German branch. They are not in any Nordic country as of now. There have been rounders to branch into Nordic due to domain registration, but I have not seen any confirmation.

So when you use Amazon international it is normally Amazon US that handles the order, which mean import tax to EU if you are living in EU. You can see this if you select settings in Amazon app on Android (I assume same goes for iOS app).

Not all items ships to all countries, due to laws or dealer selling via Amazon platform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziiten said:

I don’t have the paddings installed on my One Z but I’ve use this in industrial settings and it works great. If you apply it on the edges and corners of the paddings, it should keep them from peeling.

Edited by Rotciv
Fixed link
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As you surely know „Fin“ in French means „End“, so „Fin“-land will be by definition the last, the final county that Amazon will get their hungry claws on. So of course: „Not Finland? :(„ and in my unhumble opinion they can be proud of this unbending resistance.

2 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

As you surely know „Fin“ in French means „End“, so „Fin“-land will be by definition the last, the final county that Amazon will get their hungry claws on. So of course: „Not Finland? :(„ and in my unhumble opinion they can be proud of this unbending resistance.

We buy everything from Amazon. No driving, parking, crowds, etc. and just about everything arrives within 2-days. I don't know what I'd do without Amazon now. I'm not a Amazon hater :D

Just now, Ziiten said:

Did the search and found, I just wonder if I can find those products here; seemed targeted to American markets.

It’s common name is adhesive transfer tape. Check your region for it might be called something else. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

It’s common name is adhesive transfer tape. Check your region for it might be called something else. 

On the link you gave it is listed as hand dispensed glue on a roll.

Looks like good stuff, says it takes the place of hot melt glue and other types of adhesives, and is more easily conformable to uneven surfaces.

21 minutes ago, steve454 said:

On the link you gave it is listed as hand dispensed glue on a roll.

I guess...technically that’s an accurate description ??

I don’t have a roll with me at the moment but I’m quite certain it’s the 3M 300LSE

On 8/20/2018 at 2:23 PM, cloudust said:

I think yours doesn't have CE mark. Ian's will have and proper support from Segway-Ninebot.

Why wouldn't mine have proper support from Segway-Ninebot?

BTW CE mark doesn't mean anything. Anyone can stamp a CE mark on their product.

FYI I have mine here now, it's supplied with a power charger with EU plug, so I really don't know what you are talking about.

Does anyone know how long that "restrictive" mode is in place where your speed is limited? The manual doesn't tell anything about how many kms you need to do.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Amazon have a Us,Uk,German branch. They are not in any Nordic country as of now. There have been rounders to branch into Nordic due to domain registration, but I have not seen any confirmation.

So when you use Amazon international it is normally Amazon US that handles the order, which mean import tax to EU if you are living in EU. You can see this if you select settings in Amazon app on Android (I assume same goes for iOS app).

Not all items ships to all countries, due to laws or dealer selling via Amazon platform.

I always buy on Amazon Germany.