Saturday Morning Griffith Park Ride - 29Jul2017

Marty Backe

980313_img3044.png

Join me for an Unexplored Trails ride of Griffith Park. In addition to some of the trails that we are familiar with, today we will journey to the upper trails far above the Griffith Observatory. Be prepared to see Griffith Park like you've never seen it before.

IMG_20170723_103132225

It's going to be a hot day, so let's meet at the usual spot (Greek Theater parking lot) at 8am. This is mostly trail riding today, covering between 15 and 20 miles over a 3 hour period.

If you want us (me) to wait for you, then please respond to this post so that I know you'll be joining us.

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou   @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sven said:

Sounds fun! My monster is down. Unfortunately,  I will have to pass group ridings until @Jason McNeil helps me with the... jerking issue.

Crack open that KS16 box and get riding :)

1 minute ago, Sven said:

I gave it to my friend from Pennsylvania when he visited me a weeks back. For $0.00   <BFF!>

You really need to get a backup wheel :D I think I'd go crazy if I had nothing to ride. Hope you won't be out of commission for too long :(

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

118352_img3043.png

Ok, I need to hire you to make posters for all of my upcoming rides :cheers:

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

And don't forget about the optional drone footage!;)

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

And don't forget about the optional drone footage!;)

Good point, Steven.  Yes, you already have @Sven on staff to do the after-ride souvenir take home DVD's.  Now you just need to commission Rehab to fly his Mavic overhead for the aerial points of view.

And at the end of the ride, a second drone rises, and then descends at the end of the tour.  Because a drone can't fly for more than about 25 minutes.  To get air footage of a one hour ride is almost impossible.

11 minutes ago, steve454 said:

a drone can't fly for more than about 25 minutes.  To get air footage of a one hour ride is almost impossible.

It's not necessary to fly the drone for the entire ride. Just launch it at the best times for highlight footage.

24 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

It's not necessary to fly the drone for the entire ride. Just launch it at the best times for highlight footage.

I had that idea, too.  But to find a drone pilot that could do it without stopping down the ride would be difficult.

29 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Now I get it.  Just entertwine some drone footage, with short shots of the principals!  Drone footage is overrated anyway.  What I like is helmet cam footage.

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This Canva app is so cool.  :wub:  The hype is real.

I like this one. I've edited the original post to include it front and center :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This Canva app is so cool.  :wub:  The hype is real.

I used it in my Facebook announcement: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Just remember as your agent, I take 10% of all royalties, profits, so on and so forth in perpetuity.  :whistling:

@Marty Backe for 10% commission agent Hunka should be participating in your rides on his NB flame.We can then have fun watching him get stuck up on BrokeBacke Mountain.:P

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Now you just need to commission Rehab to fly his Maverick overhead for the aerial points of view.

Oh I would do it for free! Unfortunately my Maverick would never get off the ground.;) eBrTNLm.jpg

Archived