Oscillation and cut out problem with Gotway MSuper V3, ACM, maybe Monster shipped from May 2017 onwards

EUCGUY

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. By left hand is freezing up now. This will take awhile to recover from :(  But that's my fault for not owning wrist guards. Guess I'm finally going to buy some.

Turns out that you made a wise choice in bypassing Gotway this time around :cheers:

Makes me even happier I have my KS18AY.  Heaven knows it's taken some pretty serious beatings from me and it keeps on going. 

(Kinda like a cross between a Timex and the Energizer bunny. ?)

Allen

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Makes me even happier I have my KS18AY.  Heaven knows it's taken some pretty serious beatings from me and it keeps on going. 

(Kinda like a cross between a Timex and the Energizer bunny. ?)

Allen

If the KS18 wasn't so damn tall and didn't have the speed limiters it would be a great wheel for me. The MSuper feels much more nimble, in my opinion. But maybe they'll come out with a low profile version some day. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, EU GUY said:

5 reported accidents so far. my friend included. 20 ish kmh on flat road and the wheel just cut power after a few seconds with on and off. his face is not pretty right now.

Could everyone with the same batchnumber report in and also if you had a problem. thanks

I just ordered a ACMs+, does this issue affect the ACMs+?  Any reports of the oscillation issue with ACMs+?

6 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I just ordered a ACMs+, does this issue affect the ACMs+?  Any reports of the oscillation issue with ACMs+?

You may want to check the Facebook groups. There has been a lot of discussion there too. I seem to remember an ACM having this problem, but I'm not positive.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

You may want to check the Facebook groups. There has been a lot of discussion there too. I seem to remember an ACM having this problem, but I'm not positive.

Marty, which group on facebook?

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Ummmm.. the KS18 and the Monster are basically the same height FYI

Yes, but the Monster has a 22" wheel. So the geometry of the wheels is totally different. The Monster does not feel like a more powerful version of the KS18. They ride totally different. In my opinion of course.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Marty, which group on facebook?

I'm not at home right now so I can't give you a link. But search for a "Gotway" group. And search for Electric Unicycle

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm not at home right now so I can't give you a link. But search for a "Gotway" group. And search for Electric Unicycle

i found it.  thanks, reading up on it.  i've not seen any reports of this happening on the ACMs+ so far...  fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If the KS18 wasn't so damn tall and didn't have the speed limiters it would be a great wheel for me. 

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, but the Monster has a 22" wheel. So the geometry of the wheels is totally different. The Monster does not feel like a more powerful version of the KS18. They ride totally different. In my opinion of course.

? Your rationale was solely height here, not anything else.

Just confusing as you do own the same heighted Monster.

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

? Your rationale was solely height here, not anything else.

Just confusing as you do own the same heighted Monster.

I think anyone who was ridden the MSuper and the KS18 can confirm that they handle very differently. For me, I don't like it, but maybe I would get used to it.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think anyone who was ridden the MSuper and the KS18 can confirm that they handle very differently. For me, I don't like it, but maybe I would get used to it.

Never said that. Talking solely the height comment, that's it NVM.

Edited by houseofjob

4 hours ago, OliverH said:

Just a guess: There's no version/ release/ configuration control system in place.

Second guess: There's no test concept in place. This is a problem we see at all EUC companies.

I personally do not agree. It's not reasonable to generalize about matters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

If the KS18 wasn't so damn tall and didn't have the speed limiters it would be a great wheel for me. The MSuper feels much more nimble, in my opinion. But maybe they'll come out with a low profile version some day. 

A few days ago it was said here that a smaller new design of the 18 (best guess is like a bigger KS14D/KS16) is coming. Unlikely to be soon, but it is coming.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

I believe I heard there that ACMs are affected too. Not sure. At this point, I would assume ACM is affected until you get the guarantee it isn't.

• Upvote 1