The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

See Marty, I've started a movement.  :pooping:  Also, I've maybe sparked a trend! 

Another idea is wearing a "Mar-T" and taking selfies in front of various landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Grand Canyon, etc. and posting them up here.

Count on me for a "Mar-T" selfie in front of the Space Needle.

the Man, the Myth, the Legend,.....the BRAND.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

:w00t2: Exactomundo!!!  Popular Youtubers always have their merch.  Why not Marty?  How many people seem to mention him or refer to him and his opinions on the forums and in their own videos?  Who's mountain climbing stress test reviews do you think about when considering buying a wheel?  How many people have bought a wheel after watching his videos?

Maybe I'm certifiably crazy, sure.  I'll accept that.  :eff04a58a6:  At least I'm having some fun with my madness.  Who's with me???  :laughbounce2:

Marty - if you need the font styles and colours / layout I can provide them to you if you want to print some out and sell them.  Or just play around with the online design page.  It's really easy.  They were about $15-17 CAD, maybe less for a bigger order through Vistaprint.  Maybe there are some cheaper options down in the US.  If other people want to print their own, by all means as long as it's okay with M.  It's kinda fun.  I've never made a custom tee like this before, and it turned out really nice.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: Exactomundo!!!  Popular Youtubers always have their merch.  Why not Marty?  How many people seem to mention him or refer to him and his opinions on the forums and in their own videos?  Who's mountain climbing stress test reviews do you think about when considering buying a wheel?  How many people have bought a wheel after watching his videos?

Maybe I'm certifiably crazy, sure.  I'll accept that.  :eff04a58a6:  At least I'm having some fun with my madness.  Who's with me???  :laughbounce2:

Marty - if you need the font styles and colours / layout I can provide them to you if you want to print some out and sell them.  Or just play around with the online design page.  It's really easy.  They were about $15-17 CAD, maybe less for a bigger order through Vistaprint.  Maybe there are some cheaper options down in the US.  If other people want to print their own, by all means as long as it's okay with M.  It's kinda fun.  I've never made a custom tee like this before, and it turned out really nice.

i bought a pebble watch and a marty mirror. my wheels aren’t racy enough for him.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:

:laughbounce2::laughbounce2::laughbounce2:

That IS me, Scouts Honor!  Whoa that works on a couple of different levels.  You just can't see my face in the photos.  :whistling:  Actually, I prefer to remain "Stig"-like.  He's pretty cool, and drives real fast.  :w00t2:

IMG_4453.jpg

then were two. i never turn on the camera unless there is a nice pair of goggles on my helmet :P 

• Like 1

:crying:  Aw man, I washed my "Mar-T" shirt, and some areas are scratched and pieces are coming off...  I guess it looks more vintage / distressed so it's still kinda okay cool,  but I'm going to flip it inside out next time.  Sheesh, maybe Vistaprint quality isn't as durable as I had hoped!

IMG_4478.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:crying:  Aw man, I washed my "Mar-T" shirt, and some areas are scratched and pieces are coming off...  I guess it looks more vintage / distressed so it's still kinda okay cool,  but I'm going to flip it inside out next time.  Sheesh, maybe Vistaprint quality isn't as durable as I had hoped!

IMG_4478.jpg

Isn't that par for the course with these kind of printed shirts? Gives it character though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Isn't that par for the course with these kind of printed shirts? Gives it character though.

A small insider tip...

Key to have long lasting t-shirt transfer print is to prewash the t-shirt before applying the transfer and to use sufficient heat without over doing it.

Then you should not wash the t-shirt by no more than 30 degrees Celsius.

All this apply unless you have a special t-shirt that ages inline with the motive...read a picture of @Marty Backe at 25ish should now look like 30+ ?compensating for wind and tear due to long lasting mountain trail outdoor activities ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Unventor said:

A small insider tip...

Key to have long lasting t-shirt transfer print is to prewash the t-shirt before applying the transfer and to use sufficient heat without over doing it.

Then you should not wash the t-shirt by no more than 30 degrees Celsius.

All this apply unless you have a special t-shirt that ages inline with the motive...read a picture of @Marty Backe at 25ish should now look like 30+ ?compensating for wind and tear due to long lasting mountain trail outdoor activities ?

Hunka had his T-shirt pre-printed at the 'factory'. It wasn't a homemade job :)

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, it does look more like an aged canvas which actually is pretty cool.  :efee6b18f3:  Yet I feel like someone has taken the Mona Lisa and put it through the rinse cycle accidentally.  :crying: Vistaprint is actually quite nice!  They are sending me a replacement one for free so props to them.  I can mail it to you, Marty, if you'd like.  Maybe wear it during the next Livestream!  :w00t2:  Or you can re-gift (sell) it.  PM me your address if you want it.  It might not be for a little while though since I have to do some travelling next week.

I did put it through the warm cold cycle, but the image is made from some kinda semi-clingy sort of rubbery thin material.  I think anything else in the wash like buttons or zippers likely scratch it up.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yes, it does look more like an aged canvas which actually is pretty cool.  :efee6b18f3:  Yet I feel like someone has taken the Mona Lisa and put it through the rinse cycle accidentally.  :crying: Vistaprint is actually quite nice!  They are sending me a replacement one for free so props to them.  I can mail it to you, Marty, if you'd like.  Maybe wear it during the next Livestream!  

Ohh this I MUST see. Please livestream in EU evening hours.

51 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I did put it through the warm cold cycle, but the image is made from some kinda semi-clingy sort of rubbery thin material. 

Somehow I didn't see "image"...at first.....I kinda got the picture of @Hunka Hunka Burning Love in some sort of latex/spandex trico...of course to be more "aerodynamic".

• Like 2

On 6/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, Rehab1 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love You remind me of the neighbor that never showed his face on Tim Allen’s Home Improvement show. 

42937553332_67befdd7db_b.jpg

Yet another premium mod by @Rehab1 I am still laughing as I type. PRICELESS....

Just a thought...seeing @Hunka Hunka Burning Love making that hat into a full face protection...

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's simple... As the "Mar-T" deteriorates, we just need to keep roughing "actual Marty" up to match it...   :D

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:ph34r:  The bunny is fine.  Here's a photo after an all-night binger.  :rolleyes:

IMG_4480.jpg

You've taught him to drink? That's awesome!

The meat will be pre-marinaded even...   ?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You've taught him to drink? That's awesome!

The meat will be pre-marinaded even...   ?

This bringa back memories about a old classmate from school. He had a chinchilla...long story short he planted some cannabis seeds 14 that reached about 5-6" tall plants until the chinchilla got out of it cages..ate all 14 plants..a fresh leaf would be enough to make an adult person high for about 3-4hours.

The chinchilla lived to tell the tail...But for 4 days it just sat in a corner shaking.

My classmate didn't replant any seeds.....So @Hunka Hunka Burning Love did the rabbit drink your beer?

Edited by Unventor
Accidentally linked to wrong profile, sorry. Ment to be the one and only hunkahunka....
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

It's simple... As the "Mar-T" deteriorates, we just need to keep roughing "actual Marty" up to match it...   :D

:blink: I'm just hoping the "Mar-T" isn't like some kinda voodoo Dorian Gray painting where "indestructible Marty" stays young and the portrait starts weathering... 

And no, the bunny hops, but he's not into beer.  :innocent1:

binger (in this case related to food, namely carrots and pellets)

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink: I'm just hoping the "Mar-T" isn't like some kinda voodoo Dorian Gray painting where "indestructible Marty" stays young and the portrait starts weathering... 

We know how that story ends :efee8c29ce:

• Like 2