The Photo Thread

SlowMo

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The only person who dislikes Gotway more than you is @eddiemoy :lol: I'll be shocked when I see that you've bought a Gotway :shock2:

There is another Report of an asian guy on Facebook......who has bought a Tesla together with his 4 friends.

2 of the 5 Tesla's now have defect boards, both because of the fu%#§ weak mosfets.  Seams there is a reason for the dislikes ;-) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I really wanted to like Gotway, that is why I bought one.  Bought the Msuper that everyone was raving about.  Went downhill from there.  Then I was able to judge for myself how much it sucked.  I wondered what all the fuss was about.  I think it is blind fanboy-ism.  I have the same issue with Tesla (the car) fanboy-ism.  The car has crazy issues, but these people still love the car.  I, on the other hand, tell it like it is...  

One thing I didn't appreciate about the KS18 before buying it is the wide, rounded-edged handle.  I use two hands to carry the KS18 and wouldn't have been able to do that had I got a MSuper.  When talking about a 50lbs. wheel, being able to use two hands to carry it is a big advantage. 

The MSuper's handle is both small and appears uncomfortable with it's sharper edges.  Maybe it's not so bad in practical usage, but looking back on it, it's a small difference that I didn't account for when comparing the two wheels, but would be a big consideration for me if I was doing it all again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

One thing I didn't appreciate about the KS18 before buying it is the wide, rounded-edged handle.  I use two hands to carry the KS18 and wouldn't have been able to do that had I got a MSuper.  When talking about a 50lbs. wheel, being able to use two hands to carry it is a big advantage. 

The MSuper's handle is both small and appears uncomfortable with it's sharper edges.  Maybe it's not so bad in practical usage, but looking back on it, it's a small difference that I didn't account for when comparing the two wheels, but would be a big consideration for me if I was doing it all again. 

No, the MSuper's handle doesn't only look bad, it is bad in practice. I put tennis grip which you will need to have on anyway for a one handed fifty pound weight. 

Senston New Racket Grip Anti Slip Perforated Super Absorbent Tennis Overgrip badminton Overgrip.10 pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019RESWT0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_H1oiAb46RQ2MV

When I was in my twenties I read about carrying very heavy loads on heads, and so after a minor amount of practice I learned to carry things like couches and chairs on my head up steps. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_on_the_head

You cannot carry the MSuper on your head! Well, you could, but there is no possibility of getting it up there by yourself. Chances of injuring yourself carrying a fifty pound weight one handed are 100%. 

The MSuper's handling ergonomic are terrible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe do a pre-emptive zip tie wire separation mod especially around the clear shrink wrapped motor connectors.  Also call @Ando Melkonyan, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" to ride with you just in case.  :whistling:

I now know how to ride Gotway wheels, so if I'm near stall speed for more than 5-seconds I'm off the wheel and walking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Not a bad idea.What I do sometimes if I'm testing a wheel out in the hills like I will be tomorrow since my old KS-18a is now an 18s thanks to @Jason McNeil from Ewheels,is put the Mten3 in a backpack so I have backup if the test wheel is problematic.

Always carry a spare! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

No, the MSuper's handle doesn't only look bad, it is bad in practice. I put tennis grip which you will need to have on anyway for a one handed fifty pound weight. 

Senston New Racket Grip Anti Slip Perforated Super Absorbent Tennis Overgrip badminton Overgrip.10 pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019RESWT0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_H1oiAb46RQ2MV

When I was in my twenties I read about carrying very heavy loads on heads, and so after a minor amount of practice I learned to carry things like couches and chairs on my head up steps. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_on_the_head

You cannot carry the MSuper on your head! Well, you could, but there is no possibility of getting it up there by yourself. Chances of injuring yourself carrying a fifty pound weight one handed are 100%. 

The MSuper's handling ergonomic are terrible. 

I've started using your "hook grip" suggestion for when I'm carrying the KS18 one-handed and it's made a positive difference. 

You guys with lead sleds are going about it all wrong.  don't carry with the hands, carry with the shoulders.  Take a broad strap with shoulder pad, off one of the cases gathering dust somewhere in your house, and adapt it into a mega-wheel carrying-strap.  Easy to carry, whip it out when you need to.  Even a rope with a loop on one end and a monkey's fist on the other end will do in a pinch.

(monkey's fist: complex sailing knot that creates a ball, if I recall)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

A 22mi ride on the North Branch Trail, 54 degrees F.

It was great and I got some goofy looks from folks too!

BTW - This was done on my Gotway Monster @ 35 - 50kph while in sitting down position.

No incidents, falls, wobbles, no cut outs, nothing but SMOOTH!

Take that for what You feel it may be worth, you know who You are!

Yes I am a Gotway Man! :P

IMG_3283.JPG

A fellow traveler :cheers:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Don't recycle it just because the batteries ran out - it's rechargeable! 

Fisherman at that cove put the daily catch into those.

Battery is still at 50%....it's a Monster...remember?

One of the coastal pics sitting high above the rocky coast (Cathedral ledge) is the dive site that an area dive shop operator , our dive buddies and I would go diving. The contour of the rocks goes to 70 fsw and hits a flat sandy bottom. The dive shop is going out of business. However Codzilla' (Boston Harbor Cruises) dry docks the boat in Gloucester. Codzilla' does a good business.

61876.jpg

Between you and me I had a close encounter with a moving vehicle while crossing a four lane road at night, a block from the legal crosswalk. That's the last time I go darting into empty traffic lanes without double checking for approaching traffic. No damage but really scary .

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You know Bob, I'd feel nervous parking my Monster or any wheel against a post like that. One small bump or random cosmic ray that disturbs the balancing algorithm, and you'd be fishing for your Monster :cry2:

But didn't @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" already confirm that the Monster is water-proof(ish)?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd feel nervous parking my Monster or any wheel against a post like that

I did feel nervous taking that picture!

Probably advice worth keeping close to heart. No one on this forum should be worth taking a picture like that.

Despite the notion that' a body at rest tends to stay at rest' (when the EUC is turned off) I've noticed that when the Monster is cable locked by the handle to a railing at the grocery store in an even more stable position, the EUC has later been found rotated at the wheel (headlight to the ground) with the cable undone from the rail and still wrapped around the handle...so...I guess it's up to God whether it falls over and in this case takes a dive.? And the guy who appeared next to me asking questions after it was found rotated had nothing to do with its positional demise...right?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'd feel nervous parking my Monster or any wheel against a post like that

Maybe I had my mind on something else and decided to chance it in my own small way when I took the picture.

A  U boat commander in wwii must have felt a little nervous plying waters off of Halibut Point on Cape Ann...right?
A sub spotter stationed in a sub station spotting tower must have felt a little nervous sitting in its flat topped tower set inland just a bit ....right? Add a little ornament to the tower and the rules of stealth begin to apply..right?  and all is solved...? The last sub kill in US (Rhode Island) waters (U853) was a memorable kill for sub hunters of that time. I know two divers who have been to it. One from Rockport. Some people think it (the sub wreck) is full of the deceased while some say it's empty. Sport divers take chances and do things that seem thoughtless. People take chances... For a wreck at 130 feet deep, the one tank sport diving tables say decompression is a problem at 130 fsw.... It's a two tank dive (special training in decompression plus a dive computer) to penetrate U853 and 'safely return'.

Pardon my loss of thoughtfulness.

In cold water the dive depth should be increased by 10 ...so a 130 fsw wreck in cold water computes to 140 which is off the PADI dive table:

62051.jpg

61956.jpg

61955.jpg

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Add content
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Interesting building, never heard of sub spotting towers before.

And ...during the cold war the Texas Towers existed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Towers

Now submerged after collapsing in a storm it remains for some...a popular dive destination.

http://njscuba.net/sites/site_texas_tower.php

• Like 2