The Photo Thread

SlowMo

@Marty Backe I love that you organized this to show some people the light:thumbup: But I expected... more people (Onewheelers, specifically)? Did you publish this anywhere besides the forum?

Hopefully there's a next time and you can use this as a starting point.. "Let's get more people this time"... that entices more Onewheelers to join.

If I were a Onewheeler and someone told me "Hey, I got this offroad thing for all interested new people" I'd certainly appreciate. All they seem to do is moving short distances through city streets, a real offroad tour (as opposed to going through some dirt when it's next to the road) is something else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe I love that you organized this to show some people the light:thumbup: But I expected... more people (Onewheelers, specifically)? Did you publish this anywhere besides the forum?

Hopefully there's a next time and you can use this as a starting point.. "Let's get more people this time"... that entices more Onewheelers to join.

If I were a Onewheeler and someone told me "Hey, I got this offroad thing for all interested new people" I'd certainly appreciate. All they seem to do is moving short distances through city streets, a real offroad tour (as opposed to going through some dirt when it's next to the road) is something else.

I created this ride specifically of the Onewheelers and coordinated with them via their Facebook page (>300 members). I posted here as an afterthought. It was all spur of the moment (when I learned that the weekend was going to be in the 80's), planned One Day in advance. So not bad for such short notice.

We will be having many more combined rides in the future. It was a blast seeing 8 of us cruising the trails above Los Angeles. It was funny, the Onewheelers would be aiming for the crap (sand, rocks, etc) in the trails that we would be avoiding :)  Very different riding styles, but made for a fun gathering.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Today (~55km). 20+ degrees C. I was in a t-shirt! It's definitely spring, as I noticed from all the blooming plants and amounts of fresh new insects in my face:efee612b4b: (talking about bug people...)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha, love that you sorted by wheel! Also, boy they sure do like the Monster down there!

Shout-out to the single 67V ACM!

This is exactly what I was going to say :clap3: except the ACM model (I'm no expert)

Edited by Smoother

14 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

We had a group ride last Sunday, 17 participants in total.

Till now the biggest group ride in the lowlands, we had a great day - and ride about 75 km:thumbup:

That's a lot of monsters!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

How is that thing?

Not mine....yeah the current price is a real deal....it looks like the owner added an extra battery compartment (blue box) atop the plywood foot rests. Hyper's website says the STOCK frame can support 300 lbs (rider ), goes 35 mph and has a 20 mile range.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1