The Photo Thread

SlowMo

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

WOW!!! Are you guys giants or is the guy on the bike really small?!

No... The cyclist is actually a hobbit!   :P

3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Maybe 40 - 45 km round trip?

From home (where the first photo was taken) it is 44.8 km (27.8 miles). But we started riding from Eastbourne... It's a narrow and winding road that wouldn't be the most relaxing place to ride.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

From home (where the first photo was taken) it is 44.8 km (27.8 miles). But we started riding from Eastbourne... It's a narrow and winding road that wouldn't be the most relaxing place to ride.

Looks beautiful!!   I am jealous!  When I look out the window here it is wet, cold, rainy, foggy, gloomy........... did I say cold?  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 4:10 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Is it me, or does this armor somehow make Marty look like a woman?:whistling:

Maybe that's his wife? I'm thinking the the whole injury-accident/time-to-gear-up thing is an elaborate scheme to keep his video channel updated while he's off surfing in Malibu. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Maybe that's his wife? I'm thinking the the whole injury-accident/time-to-gear-up thing is an elaborate scheme to keep his video channel updated while he's off surfing in Malibu. 

I think Marty looks pretty damn good for his age.  I haven't been that slim since my teens; and even that might be revisionist history on my part

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

I think Marty looks pretty damn good for his age.  I haven't been that slim since my teens; and even that might be revisionist history on my part

For his age? For any age, although you have me wondering what age that might be...I was just referring to the facts: 1) no witnesses to the accident; 2) the camera was somehow "turned off" at the time; 3) there is no medical evidence of injury beyond his testimonials; 4) he was planning to teach his wife to ride, and 5) in every video or picture I've seen since the "accident" the true identity of the rider is hidden. I'm pretty sure the real Marty Backe is on a break snorkeling in Laguna Beach right now and having a good chuckle at us northern folk battling the winter elements.:efefa6edcf:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So what you're saying is, just like Top Gear's Stig, the character playing Marty (AKA The Mig) might be hiding his true identity behind the helmet, thereby making himself effectively immortal.  A bit like The Dread Pirate Roberts, of The Princess Bride film.  Just one thing....who's doing the voice overs?  It's very convincing. ;)

For any age, that's true.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Just one thing....who's doing the voice overs?  It's very convincing.

A system called Lyrebird announced last summer could do this, but they seem to have mysteriously disappeared as well. Google's product WaveNet might also be able to manage it. More details on the tech involved here. Quoting: "A technology that can be used to quickly manipulate audio will even call into question the veracity of real-time video in live streams." 

Edited by winterwheel

5 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

A system called Lyrebird announced last summer could do this, but they seem to have mysteriously disappeared as well. Google's product WaveNet might also be able to manage it. More details on the tech involved here.

Very interesting, but the sample voices they gave, were less than convincing. Siri and Alexa sound more normal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

Very interesting, but the sample voices they gave, were less than convincing. Siri and Alexa sound more normal.

That's unfortunate, I was considering using the same strategy to make some videos here. :eff01bbbfc:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

IMG_1081

Hehe you look smaller than usual 😁

Too hot a shower? You new gear only handles rain temperature not hot spa baths:laughbounce2:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 2:17 AM, Marty Backe said:

IMG_1109

Ahhh look at that poor old man :( He's bravely out wheeling with his special "walking" stick to keep himself upright on his bargain basement mobility scooter.  Bless him. :roflmao:

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

Gotway Monster 22" 2nd gen with new pcb and motor.
A look inside. High res photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/143090194@N03/?

Nice, thanks (and congratulations)! Why did you get a Monster? Range? More space for modding?

Sweet big mosfets (R.I.P.) and apparently using the new motor, too.

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice, thanks (and congratulations)! Why did you get a Monster? Range? More space for modding?

Sweet big mosfets (R.I.P.) and apparently using the new motor, too.

Range and that i can ride fast for longer. ofc im modding it tho :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1