Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

The three I'm most excited about from most to least:

1. EX30 - this wheel looks very sturdy, strong, powerful, suspension, with speed and range, with the Begode performance and cool look

2. T4 - This wheel is probably the best small wheel on the market currently if i were to guess

3. Sherman-S - this wheel is pretty much like the Sherman Max but with suspension, so not as drastic as the ones I mentioned above

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ETAonTheEUC said:

The three I'm most excited about from most to least:

1. EX30 - this wheel looks very sturdy, strong, powerful, suspension, with speed and range, with the Begode performance and cool look

2. T4 - This wheel is probably the best small wheel on the market currently if i were to guess

3. Sherman-S - this wheel is pretty much like the Sherman Max but with suspension, so not as drastic as the ones I mentioned above

In Wrongway latest video, he, @Jack ex-KS, and Albert were exchanging opinions on the recently released wheels. Their picks were very similar to yours.

To my surprise, they put the V13 almost dead last, just one ranking above the Commander Pro. Interestingly, Wrongway's top pick was the Sherman-S because he value quality and safety most.

The four recently announced wheels that I am most interested in right now are EX30, V13, Sherman-S, and the Master Pro/X for riding on main roads.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

In Wrongway latest video, he, @Jack ex-KS, and Albert were exchanging opinions on the recently released wheels. Their picks were very similar to yours.

To my surprise, they put the V13 almost dead last, just one ranking above the Commander Pro. Interestingly, Wrongway's top pick was the Sherman-S because he value quality and safety most.

The four recently announced wheels that I am most interested in right now are EX30, V13, Sherman-S, and the Master Pro/X for riding on main roads.

I haven't even looked into the Master Pro/X, so didn't include it in the list as I'm kind of unawares...

22 hours ago, Adel said:

There seems to be big difference in price between Alienrides and Ewheels, I wonder why. Usually prices are very close between dealers.

22 hours ago, Mars Bless said:

That's interesting. Alien rides says has it  estimated at $3300-3800. Wide gap but kinda reasonable if it's somewhere in-between that

21 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I assume the price gap is because eWheels will be using the LiTech battery packs and Alienrides will be using the stock Gotway/Begode packs.

Keep in mind eWheels tax and shipping is factored in to their price. It's the out-the-door price. 

And yeah higher quality controlled packs aren't free to provide too. 

• Like 1

There are distinct bands of rider use for wheels, and irrespective of attributes of quality and technical excellence, sheer weight is increasingly becoming a filter/barrier/determining factor among those particularly looking for a wheel suited to more than one application, bearing in mind that there is something of a correlation between weight and price, or an inverse one between weight and assumed performance/nimbleness where trail riding is concerned. I may be overstating this, or be wide of the mark, but there is generally a much smaller number of riders willing to buy several new wheels especially at the upper end of the price scale, and given the multiplicity of potential applications of the T4 and the Master, it’s not too clear that the return on investment for higher cost and weighing wheels is justifiable for a sizeable section of the potential market - particularly the new entry riders.

The Sherman-S is eagerly anticipated in terms of review, as their earlier iterations have been pretty solidly reliable, at least after the first batch issues of the OG Sherman were largely addressed, and though there will be some who continue to flag up the now overwhelmingly historic rim brittleness, overheating issue, etc, I think it’s fair to say that, much like eg the battery-fire issues of (not only but including) Begode wheels being now rather more of a historical than current matter of major concern, the ‘20” 100v with good range’ platform remains to be a still pretty useful formula for many more casual riders, notwithstanding the obvious appeal of the 126/134 wheels being offered. The MSP/RS are still great weight and size to performance & range offerings for a great many people, and at the price point many are willing to break into both the piggy bank and marketplace.

Of course we continue to follow developments with the greatest interest, even though as machines become bigger, bulkier, heavier and perhaps more (or indeed less-) technically ‘advanced’, so the increased cost of them becomes more of an issue.  #sweetspot - hopefully not to be lost sight of altogether in the heady pursuit of the ‘ultimate’, and we may well yet look back on the class of ‘21/22 as being so much ‘peak-hype’ rather than simply ‘peak wheel/s’. 

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 2

Constricted by the power of the battery tech available; We are seeing some crazy compromised designs due to the amazing power requirements required. Its like we desperately want the following specs right now* 300pound (136Kg) rider weight; 100mile range at 60+mph in under 3 seconds, 90° climbing ability whilst being an 18" wheel, 8" thin (200mm) and weighing no more than 77pounds (35kgs) or less. Which alas is a few years away so until then we are going to be riding fast elephants on the street or slow ones on the trails.

*Yes this is a generalisation and ever so slightly exaggerated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Constricted by the power of the battery tech available; We are seeing some crazy compromised designs due to the amazing power requirements required. Its like we desperately want the following specs right now* 300pound (136Kg) rider weight; 100mile range at 60+mph in under 3 seconds, 90° climbing ability whilst being an 18" wheel, 8" thin (200mm) and weighing no more than 77pounds (35kgs) or less. Which alas is a few years away so until then we are going to be riding fast elephants on the street or slow ones on the trails.

*Yes this is a generalisation and ever so slightly exaggerated. 

You forgot it must have suspension & be priced no more then $2800 😂. Just about every euc video on yt has a wish list of all these things. 

Edited by Mayhem
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ETAonTheEUC said:

This thing have lift handles on it? Did they forget them? That'd be very disappointing for such a heavy EUC.

Not that I've seen bro. Hopefully the aftermarket will step in like they did with the Master and lift handles and side faring so you can add your own pads.

37 minutes ago, Mars Bless said:

Not that I've seen bro. Hopefully the aftermarket will step in like they did with the Master and lift handles and side faring so you can add your own pads.

Yeah, because how are we supposed to lift this thing for stairs/steps/high surfaces? Kind of careless to leave that out imo. Would be curious to see video of someone trying to lift it with it's factory body, if possbile

2 hours ago, ETAonTheEUC said:

This thing have lift handles on it? Did they forget them? That'd be very disappointing for such a heavy EUC.

IThis thing is already too heavy to be lifted, to be quite honest. 57kgs, no way would I attempt to lift that wheel into the trunk of my car or into the passenger footwell like I do with my V11. One awkward movement and your back may be fucked for a year. One would need a ramp leading to the trunk that it could roll up under its own power.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

IThis thing is already too heavy to be lifted, to be quite honest. 57kgs, no way would I attempt to lift that wheel into the trunk of my car or into the passenger footwell like I do with my V11. One awkward movement and your back may be fucked for a year. One would need a ramp leading to the trunk that it could roll up under its own power.

Not sure how heavy it is, but too heavy and it's a deal breaker for me. I still think some kind of handles would be nice so even if it falls on its side you can grab it, or have two people lift it or something. 43kg I can deal with but 57kg and no handles? Eh, not sure now...

4 hours ago, Mars Bless said:

The EX30 weighs 43kg, confirmed by one of the Begode guys. Idk where the 57kg came from. 

Thanks for that. This wheel is tempting me

4 hours ago, Mars Bless said:

Short ride footage

NIce. I plan on selling my SHerman and V11 to purchase the EX30. Strictly road riding for this heavy thing, but I really like the true 20" wheel size. 

On a side note, did anyone else notice the Firesak failure posting below the video? Steel box is the only solution (everyone sign up for a metal shop class at your local junior college and dedicate the semester to developing/building a fire safe storage system for EUCs LOL).

3 hours ago, UtahRider said:

To me, this looks like the best EUC of them all for seated riding out of the box.

will be awesome for sure :D

but the master pro will always be the winner becouse it has a higher distance pedals-seat

• Upvote 1